It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Rachel wants to make people

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Nikerz82 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:22 pm

I dont know what it is with people - The minute they find out your pregnant or trying for a baby, out come all the horror stories. They dont bother to tell you that while they went through hell or come across complcations the minute that child is born you forget everything, and what you do remember you do over in a heartbeat if you had to. its that simple. The thought of labor is what frightens mothers to be the most but remember women are strong, we have been doing this for centuries without medical intervention and without drugs. I say take all the drugs if you need them but play it by ear you might not. You cant compare the pain to anything, one persons pain is someone elses pleasure, my friend, enjoys getting a brazillin done where as I think it is the most painful thing ever and would choose a tattoo over a brazillin anyday. My sister in law is the biggest sook you have ever met in your life, crys at the thought of a blood test and she gave birth last year to a 9lb boy with just gas.
At the end of the day, when that babies coming its not a matter of wheather you can handle it, you will because you have no other choice, no one can push for you lol.

block out the horror stories and focus on the bigger picture, a beautiful baby and the beggining of new life.
:D :wink:
Nikerz82

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:01 pm

I know of lots of great birth stories Rach - not everyone has a horror stories. My cousin even gave birth literally at the side of the road because her labour came on so fast and just had help from her husband who was on the phone to emergency services stepping him thorugh what to do! Bit scary because happened sooo fast but both mother and child were both more than OK :)

My sister in law had three pretty easy births, all within 6 hours of contractions starting. Nine months is a long time to work all the details out ;)

I don't think anyone should take offence to this thread - it's about Rach's journey to conceive and she shouldn't be made to feel like she has to tip toe around the issue of conception, just because some people have difficulty conceiving - they can start their own topic!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:55 pm

Nikerz82 wrote:I dont know what it is with people - The minute they find out your pregnant or trying for a baby, out come all the horror stories. They dont bother to tell you that while they went through hell or come across complcations the minute that child is born you forget everything, and what you do remember you do over in a heartbeat if you had to. its that simple.

wow nikerz its funny because i remember every single detail of my labour and was actually physically mentally and emotionally abused in the hospital from the staff (it almost amounted in a lawsuit) so no, i didnt forget it the second my daughter was born. but each to their own.

you are right sandra that no one should stand in rachels way whilst she is ttc, but i did not realise it was HER thread and just wanted to comment that its wise not to go out and buy things straight away on the chance that she is going to fall pregnant straight away. but once again, each to their own.
kate_turner2000

Postby Nikerz82 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:09 pm

kate-turner2000

Thats awful, Im sorry you went through that, Obviously if you have been through tremendous amounts of torture your going to remember and I didnt mean you have complete memory block either it was more of a, you have conquered all and the rest is history so to speak. I had big dramas in both my pregnancies too but would still go back for a third so it wasnt enough to put me off it for life and beleive me, mine could have ended up in a lawsuit too had I of chose that path.

I Certainly didnt mean to offend anyone and I totally agree no one should take offense to anyones opinions in any of these threads, were all friends here and everyone has been through something different and will go through something different. I know when I held my babies at the end of it all, All I could concerntrate on was them, nothing else matterd. of course like you said each to their own. ;)
Nikerz82

Postby oostevens » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm

thanks for those kind words nikerz and milkyway :) i really appreciate it and you are right, there will be a time to worry about what happens at birth and what i will end up doing, and right now, its not that time :)

the thought of giving birth itself, as in the process, nearly put me off trying for a baby, but i agree, women have been having kids since the dawn of time, and back then, there was no epidural or gas or anything.

If they can do it, i certainly can :)

i should have changed the topic to 'Rachel wants to make people' ha ha if anyone has that power :p go right ahead
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:10 pm

oostevens wrote:i should have changed the topic to 'Rachel wants to make people' ha ha if anyone has that power :p go right ahead

Done! ;)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby oostevens » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:19 pm

ha ha ha thanks mate :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:38 pm

hi nikerz

no offence mate! i was just saying that i laugh when everyone tells me they forgot the pain when they held their babies in their arms. i remember everytime i get clucky what i went through and it turns me off having more kids. i have pcos so it was a miracle to have Heidi even after i was told i couldnt have kids without fertility treatment. id love to have a sibling for her, but i 'freeze' everytime i think of it. i know every birth and pregnancy is different so theres a 50-50 chance that things will be good OR worse.

i didnt choose the lawsuit path either, but settled with a formal apology from the head of midwifry and nursing. best wishes with your parenting future nikerz :)
kate_turner2000

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:13 pm

oostevens wrote:
the thought of giving birth itself, as in the process, nearly put me off trying for a baby, but i agree, women have been having kids since the dawn of time, and back then, there was no epidural or gas or anything.

If they can do it, i certainly can :)

YOU SURE CAN RACH :)

Rach giving birth HURTS a lot, but its also the most rewarding experience and the end result is your little one lying in your arms totally dependent on you. Best not to think about the pain but think about what you will gain from it :) I remember when I had my first child I was so scared and after I had her I swore I would never have any more LOL I ended up having 3 more lovely happy babies, went through three more painful and long (3 days) labours without any pain relief . I think I did forget about the pain or at least how painful it was, but nothing mattered once I had my babies all safe and sound in my arms. I wish someone would of tried to explain how wonderful it is the first time you see your baby is to me, instead of telling me about the pain (though I don't see any point in hiding it LOL).
Oh also remember Mothers are made to have babies we are designed to be able to go through the pain and all the changes that go with bringing a baby into the world :) I think that is also something that we shouldn't forget when we are frightened by the idea of giving birth its a totally natural thing to do (for most people anyway). Although I think you should probably just be concentrating on 8) making the bub 8) right now, I can totally understand why you want to find out about everything, its just so exciting :)

Take care :)
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

Postby Mandie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:56 am

also, regarding the birth - from a medical point of view, you can have the epidural anytime up to about half an hour before the doctors think you'll actually deliver.... so if you have a really long labour (common in 1st timers!), you might say go through 10 hours of pain and then you get really tired and feel like you can't handle anymore - you can ask for the epidural then and it doesn't matter. it's your pregnancy, your birthing.. your body! you can do whatever you like :)

everyone has different pain thresholds. i get brazilian waxes and i dont think it hurts that much, and then i got a scale and clean at the dentist the other day and it brought me to tears!

but again - wayyyy ahead of yourself here :) but i know you're excited! i think about these things (as in, whether i want an epidural or not) and i'm not planning on trying to conceive for probably another 4 or so years :P

best of luck!
Mandie

Re: Rachel wants to make people

Postby oostevens » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:49 pm

well here is my update:

The past week I have been headachy, nauseas, extremely exhausted, and u know, sore boobs etc.

Was trying hard to tell myself i wasnt pregnant, so that i wouldnt be let down when i did the test.

Still a week away from ttom, so i cannot test yet, but i did some research and i am quite convinced that its just effects from coming off the pill 3weeks or so ago.

How gay!

I wonder how long I am gunna feel crap for. I am too exhausted to do anything atm :(

Even had spotting the other night, but thats also an effect of coming off the pill.

Oh well....and i was trying to save myself from this kind of let down ha ha. I know its very unlikely to fall preg first go after being on the pill, so i dunno why i am a tad upset :s

Well there is always next month...

Hope i start acting normal again soon.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Siana-leah » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:52 am

wow...thats a lot to read!!
Firstly...i hope everything works out with the baby making process....it is interesting that it seems more and more ppl are having trouble falling pregnant...
a friend of mine is trying IVF....
Next...you will find that you get plenty from the baby shower...bar the cot, pram etc....
Next...giving birth......there is not a girl on this planet who isnt at least slightly apprehensive about this part....
in no way are you a "better" person because you did it all natural....the process varies greatly from person to person....
i myself had a 2 hour labor with my first and 3 1/2 hrs with the second.....there was no time for drugs!! if there was time im sure i would have asked for it!! :)
keep your options open....remember that no matter how long it goes for...it WILL be over and done with....
i forgot the pain straight after because i couldnt wait to see my babies!
again I hope all goes well! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby mummy2three » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi Rachel,

I wanted to wish you well with the baby making business :D. It's a very personal process that brings highs and lows and that's before you're even pregnant! I fell pregnant around your age 22 and 24, I was very lucky and fell pregnant quickly both times. However, with my daughter it took a little longer and I was older 28. So personally I think you're at a great age to start a family and if there's any fertility issues you can get help while you're still young. I'm sure you'll have heaps of women telling you their tales, good and bad, but it's interesting to hear how different each woman's experience can be. It's such a wonderful time in your lives and I wish you the best of luck starting your family :D. Lane
On a mission to return to 'PRE-BABY' glory days!
My loves Frazer 8, Clay 7 & Harper 2

mummy2three

Postby oostevens » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:23 pm

awww thanks lane :) that was lovely :) and encouraging.

Well i have done a few pregnancy tests lately, could be too early but could also be the right time to test. So far only negatives, but I have been feeling strange and things have been happening to me that are weird also haha. Could just be the affects of coming off the pill and my body adjusting, or it could be more. I don't know yet. TTOM is due in a few days I would say, but I shall see how that goes. Since its my first cycle off the pill (this time) i am not looking forward to the cramps and all that, which follow. The pill have me less pain and less discomfort. But I will get through it, cos it means I get another chance next month :)

Wish me luck guys :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby oostevens » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:02 pm

not pregnant.

but happy anyways
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!