It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:24 am

Free Newsletter

Rachel wants to make people

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rachel wants to make people

Postby big_love » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:46 pm

I suppose the positive side to that is that you get to keep trying *wink wink nudge nudge* :D

Good luck hunni *hugs*
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Chelle » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:51 pm

I would say all thoese affect are comming off the pill, dont stress about it too much it will pop up when your least expect it to happen. A preggers test can determin a few day before TTOM. Like I suggested work out your ovulation dates & might make it happen alot sooner. But dont forget to make off on a calender the start date of your period that way if you do fall pregnant you can work out the due date of the baby.

Goodluck Rach
Chelle

Postby Cac33 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:28 am

Hi Rachel

I'm in the same position as you. I'm 24 & have been married for 2 & 1/2 years so am looking to get pregnant this year. I want to loose some weight & get healthy before we TTC. I'm so excited about having a baby & I'm not even pregnant or even off the pill yet. Everytime I start getting all excited & thinking about babies I go for a walk. I figure the more I walk or exercise the better position I'm going to be in to conceive & prepare my body for pregnancy. Oh its so exciting.
Have you started looking at names yet? We have one for a girl but are undecided for the middle name & haven't found any to agree on for boys.

Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Rustie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Best of luck with trying to fall preggers! Let your body settle into a pattern after the pill and try not to stress that its not happening as quick as you want it too.. Try picking up a hobby! Or just email me and i will talk about babies to you... Im clucky as all hell but have to wait until after our wedding to start..

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby Mummy84 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:44 am

Hi Rachel,

i know you posted this a little while ago but thought i'd tell you of my experience.. i had my first baby 3months ago and beautiful healthy little boy, he was a pretty big baby of 4kgs and i was 2 weeks early so u can imagine how big he would have been if he came on time.. i always knew we'd have a big baby and was even considering going to have an ultrasound a few weeks b4 hand to see how big he was.. but decided not to, if i had known how big he was i probably would of wanted a c-section... thank god i didnt.. it was such an amazing experience, painful but forgetful, pretty funny when i think back now of how i reacted to the gas cos thats all the pain relief i took.. i was in labour for 12 hours and for about 11 of those 12 hours my contractions were 3mins apart so i didnt get much of a break in between.. i would have had the baby earlier had the doctor checked that he was turned the right way.. his head was down but not turned properly which delayed the process.. the next day i said i was never going to have a natural birth again.. but a week later i would have done it the same way in a second.. we got pregnant first go, but i have never been on the pill so i dont know how it reacts with it, all we did was try the 14th day after my period.. i do know a friend that has been trying for about a yr with no luck but she was on the pill for about 7yrs without a break and she does have other health issues, so dont stress too much as it may delay u conceiving. in regards to buying, pls dont buy anything b4 you conceive.. im a little superstitious when it comes to that and i didnt buy anything until a month b4 he was born.. also gave me something to do while i was on maternity leave... and on top of that my best friend organised a baby shower for me.. which i got heaps of beautiful presies.. so if ur planning on having one maybe consider a registry... so u get exactly what u need.. good luck!!!
Mummy84

Postby Cac33 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:57 am

Just to let you know I read somewhere on another thread Rachel is no longer on the forum so don't think she's not replying :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Mummy84 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:08 am

hahaha ok thanks... well hopfully she is pregnant and feeling to nausous to come on!!
Mummy84

Postby Misstoodles » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:15 am

It's always nice to buy stuff thats brand new for your own bub, but definately do ask family and friends or spread the word that you're trying to concieve. Most people dont know what to do with all the baby clothes their kids have grown out of in three seconds flat, and you'd find most of it is like new anyways. This was the case for my Mum, so its worth a go :)

Pumpkin patch has some cute clothing and I worked at myers during the sales in the baby department and they have some -adorable- clothing thats not too expensive once its gone on sale, lol.

Other than that I'm afraid I can't help you, as I'm 18 and have no idea what babies need :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby Booties » Sat May 17, 2008 7:19 pm

well i am back (under a diff name) and still trying :)

My body has come clean of the pill now, as my tom is back to its 5wk cycle :) and i am now awaiting my tom. I believe its due this coming friday maybe.

PMS this time round has been gay as! i have more acne than i can remember, and have been bloated a few times too.

Tonight I am feeling a bit sick, as well as hungry at the same time. Not fun.

I am unsure whether we hit the 'ovulation date' cos i kinda lost track and then we were busy with work etc and hubby ran out of testosterone gel, so was not in the mood at all.

He is got more and is feeling happier and back to normal.

Maybe I have a better shot next month :) we shall see.

Hubby and i are always talking about baby names and we have now picked 4 (including middle names). 2 boys and 2 girls. but we are telling no one :) cos everytime we do, we end up not liking the names ha ha ha

I shall keep people updated on my baby building :p

Here's to a multiplying future :p

Rach

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby grawger » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Congrats on starting that program.
grawger

Postby mummy2dylan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Hey congrats on deciding to try for a bubby! Im 23 this year too and am ttc baby #2..when i got pregnant with my son i was 17 and on the pill..it was a big shock! When I actually decided to try for another I was sure i would concieve as easily as last time..boy was I wrong..i know its only early days so far (i started ttc in nov 08) but ive had trouble with hormones and weight gain and not ovulating..just my luck..hopefully it happens soon cos i am aching for another baby and i get so jealous seeing people i know with their newborns or pregnant! Goodluck to u and your husband and i hope it happens soon!
mummy2dylan

Postby Juzzy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Yay for TTC!

We have been TTC #2 pretty much since our daughter was born in February 2007. We had a miscarriage in December 2007 and then another in February 2008. It is now 12 months since our last miscarriage and i have now been told that i may have PCO (polycystic ovaries). A bit depressing but hey, nothing confirmed yet so i may not have it! Getting some testing done in early march to see if i do or not.

I fell pregnant while i was on the pill with my daughter so this whole TTC thing frustrates the hell out of me.

So now... i am not only losing weight for myself, to help us to fall pregnant, my daughter and to possibly ease PCO.

All of my friends have fallen pregnant so easily (some of them alot heavier than i am) and it makes me sad to think that i cant do it.

Hopefully we all fall pregnant soon!!
SW: 127.8
CW: 106.8

GW : 80 (will reassess once i get there)

21 kilos lost!
Juzzy

Previous

Return to Parenting and Weight loss