It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Free Newsletter

Finding the time..

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Finding the time..

Postby chubba momma » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:23 pm

For those of you with kids where do you generally fit in your exercise regime? Whne kids are awake or when they are in bed? What forms of exercise do you do?
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby hotmumma » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:23 pm

I found a gym with a great creche so i tend to go at 10.30 (gym is pretty quiet then) and leave the girls in the creche. It's great as the ladies there are wonderful. I can excercise in peace and if the girls get upset they can come out and get me.
Before i went to the gym i would go bike riding, i have a bike trailer that both girls sit in so they can come with me, occasionaly took them for walks but that was rare as 2 toddlers think they are to big for the pram but don't walk very fast so wasn't really worth bothering, and finally i would try and do an excercise dvd but the girls would always interupt or try and join in etc.
I found it so hard to excercise with them, so really for me joining the gym was the best option. It works out quite well as they aren't in daycare or anything so i look forward to going to the gym as it's my break from them.
I don't excercise at night as i'm far too tired by then, plus it wakes me up so i end up going to sleep far to late.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYcM3jX/]
[/url]
hotmumma

Postby lansmith » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:10 am

I have just brought a cross trainer wich is fantastic, i put the wiggles on for my daughter & away i go! I also try to involve my 2 year old by taking her for walks, bike rides ect. If we go to the park i walk there & try to keep moving the whole time we are there, even if it is just walking around the play equipment.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wUXVNeJ/]
[/url]
lansmith

Postby Mummyof3 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:28 am

my big boy is at school, my 3 year old is at daycare 3 days a week, monday, tuesday and thursday , On tuesday and thursdays I put my daugher in the creche, I also go to the gym saturday and sunday mornings, saturday and sunday she is home with dad.. other then that I have just started jogging, so the mornings that I dont go to the gym, I get up like about 6pm and go for a jog..
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby jodie259 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:53 pm

After my 1st was born, I was lucky enough to have a wonderful husband who would take over in the evenings... as soon as he came home from work. My DS had a "witching hour" that lasted 5-7 hours every night - from 5pm. My poor DH had to calm him down. And during that time I went to gym or Weight Watchers or for a walk.

But now, #2 has been born, and I can't see myself finding the time.

Mind you... as I type this (9.50pm)... I am dripping with sweat after my first home workout. After my first weighin and losing 1.5kg - I am currently motivated - and sick of saying "I must find the time to exercise". My DD had finally fallen asleep (in a rocker mind you!).... and I said to hubby - I'm going to do a work out.

I have a boxing bag hanging up outside - which has barely been used since I bought it. And a skipping rope - which I managed to break tonight :(

So I boxed, I skipped, I did lunges and squats, and I did 6 metre running laps in my backyard. And I feel great for it.

So that is my aim... to get both the kids to sleep, and get out there for 1/2 hour as many nights as possible.
And my DS goes to day care two days a week... so I will try to get out there on those days when DD is napping.

Having done this exercise... this is the first time I've felt really motivated.
Mum of 2
Shaun born 27/05/06 & Shelli born 26/11/07
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHe6RPO/]
[/url]
jodie259

Postby zojo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:03 am

As a working Mum of a 3 y.o. DD & a 2 y.o. Son, it's hard to find the "energy" to do a workout rather than the "time" factor.

I'm up at 4am every morning to start work at 5am..I then finish work at 12pm, pick Kidlet's up from Daycare..and go home to have some lunch.

I try my darndest to be on that Tready by the time Oprah starts that way I generally have something interesting to watch on Telly to help pass the boredom away.

I try and do a 1.5 hr workout each afternoon..doing various things like..

Treadmill, Exercise bike, Gym Ball workout with weights...

Sometimes my Kidlets are taking a nap..which is fantastic as I can do it in peace..other times, I just have to let them run riot for a bit and just fix the house back up before Daddy gets home :wink: :P

zojo.
START WEIGHT:80kgs
CURRENT WEIGHT:76kgs
6 WK CHALLENGE:76kgs
12 WK CHALLENGE:70kgs
ULTIMATE GOAL:60kgs
zojo

Postby prettytigerlily » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:28 pm

My 2 older ones are in daycare 3 days a week and my mum looks after my youngest so i can go for a walk. I'm a little bit lucky as i moved back home and my mum and dad help out a lot so i can lose weight.
SW: 126 kgs
CW: 122.8 kgs
GW: 60 kgs

Mini Goal: 110 kgs

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wc8e5qA/]
[/url]
prettytigerlily

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi Kristal :) i hope hannah and patrick are doing well :)

i fit in my exercise usually when heidi is sleeping. today for example i went out and jumped on the trampoline for awhile. i like to take her for a walk and due to the area i live in, its safer for her to be in a stroller still and only just turned 2 no way could she walk for long periods of time. so i pop her in the stroller and go for a brisk walk. during daylight savings once she is asleep at night, i leave mick (fiance) here and i go for a walk or a run.

how about you? when do you find the time to exercise with both kids to watch over?
kate_turner2000

Re: Finding the time..

Postby bjay » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:05 am

hi im new and i hope this isnt too rude just jumping in. I'd just like to say that you all are so brave, im 17 and my daughter is 17mnths and all i seem to do is whinge about how i dont have any time to exercise and how im too tired. Now i realise its just all excuses, if i want to get fit she isnt stopping me. So thankyou ladies you have helped my cause...
:)
bjay

Postby Siana-leah » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:55 am

I do mine in the morning b4 breakfast....master 3 watches the kids shows...and miss 4 months has just had a bottle and is off to snooze land....
it works better in the morning cos i get tired in the arvo and ont end up doing it..... and it is possible to do it bjay....its all a matter of balance and finding what works for you.... :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby Mum of 2 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Hello to all,
I've recently joined the gym, it's been over 3 years since I last went, so I thought I might find it hard to get back into, but not at all, I have two children, my son is 5 1/2 yrs old and at school and my daughter is 3 1/2 yrs old, starting pre-entry kindy next term. I am a stay at home mum, so have my daughter with me at all times, I'm very lucky cause the gym I go to has a creche open till 11:30am mon-fri, and Sat early morning, my hubby does shift work so some days he's able to watch our daughter and other days she's happy to come with me to the gym.
I exercise for about an hour and a half each time, about 4 times a week, the rest of my time I'm here doing the usual stay at home mum chores, so I am lucky I do have the time, for now, once my daughter is at kindy 4 days a week I'd like to look at going back to work, so I'm not sure how I'll fit in exercise then, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it I think.
Since losing 9kg tho, I definately make the time to fit in exercise even if some days I'm run off my feet with things to do, exercise is such a big part of weightloss and keeping that goal weight you've worked so hard to achieve :D

Beck
SW 65kg
GW 55kg
CW 56kg
Weight - started at 64kg
Goal - to get to 55kg
Started Kate Morgan Program 7 weeks ago

Currently weigh 58kg....not long to go now, woo hoo :)
Mum of 2

Postby ProudMumOf1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:15 pm

I go for a walk (1hr) after her breakfast and bath so that she is content with nappy, full belly and clean. She either goes to sleep, plays with her toys or just watches the world hehe so cute. She is only 7mths now though so I guess it may get more difficult as she starts to crawl and walk. When it's too hot or raining outside I do 30mins on my trainer when she is sleeping, playing or eatting a biccy or rusk or something.
Jennifer (Single Mum) 22

SW - 93kg on 12.01.08
CW - 84.3kg on 29.03.08
GW - 65kg

3rd MINI GOAL - 78kg (15kg lost) = $50 into Clothing Kitty ($150 TTL)
ProudMumOf1

Postby nag » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:35 am

I dont take the kids to the Creche at my gym cose my 1yr old wont stop crying and they just keep handing him back to me so i gave up. I go to the gym at 6ish when hubby gets home.
nag

Postby Blackdog » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:25 pm

It's like a full time job, this losing weight, isn't it? :mrgreen:

I usually go to gym after I have dropped the kids to school, but then by the time I get home and shower, the day is half over! Gym daycare is only on at certain times, so we can't go before school. After school, it is soooo crowded that the kids hate it! The number of times I have argued, "come on, it's only for an hour!"

There's one class I really like on a Friday night, but I am usually too tired.

Oh, if it is hot enough to swim, I do my aqua aerobics routine while the kids are swimming. Sometimes I swim a few laps, but usually they want to jump on my back and I nearly drown! :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXv1iUA/]
[/url]
Blackdog

Postby nag » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:50 pm

Blackdog wrote:usually they want to jump on my back and I nearly drown! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nag

Next

Return to Parenting and Weight loss