It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:40 am

Free Newsletter

Finding the time..

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Finding the time..

Postby Rachel85 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:28 am

I'm finding it really hard at the moment to make time to exercise with having a 2 year old and 4 month old. I bought myself an exercise bike last month sometime and have only been able to use it twice so far. But I really want to try and start going for walks everyday and hopefully start using my bike each night. When I've used the bike, I had to do it at night time when both were asleep.
Rachel85

Postby Siana-leah » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:14 pm

Hey rachel.....ive got a 6 month old and a 3 year old....i found it difficult at first because my 6 month old was still getting settled....it was a bit stressful for
me to try and exercise...so ive gotten on top of it in the past month.
I get on the exercise bike for 20-25 mins....i like to do it when they have a nap in the arvo or when they are in bed at night....its the least
stressful way for me to do it...
good luck with everything! :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby loveat116 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:44 pm

Well I dont have kids but I study full time and work full time.

Usually i try to blend in exercise with my daily routine

EG. Walk to work... on the weekends I do 'fun' exercise like surfing or swimming.

OR I get up mega early and go for walks. My nights are taken up by tafe.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:45 pm

Lol i just realised this is the parenting forum!

I just clicked on 'view new posts' and clicked on this! sorry lol!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby chubba momma » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:24 pm

I was finding it good with teh exercise bike and efore Patrick was crawling and standing up etc. Then teh bike broke and now i have my sisters treadmill.

I try to work out during the day on teh ball when i can, teh kids thik its great to annoy me but we have a laugh. The bike id go on anytime they were asleep at night but teh treadmil at night woke up teh little fella. So i have lacked teh motivation on it but we recently rearranged our little duplex and hopefully with teh treadmill on the oppoiste wall and behind a closed door i will e bale to get back to jogging again i miss it. at the moemnt during the day he sits on top of teh treadmill and claps liek hes king of teh world LOL.

I try to walk every day with the kids, The gyms here dont have creche plus i cant afford a gym anyways, and dont really have anone to watch them for me. the walkign is slow casue miss hannah is a walker even at 2 she could walk kms!! And now she is nearly 3 she is a keen walker no pram for her much any more lol
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Mummy84 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:47 am

Hi all

my little one is 3months and he goes to bed at around 9.30 - 10pm wakes up once during the night then goes back to sleep till about 9am, he then wakes up for another feed and to do his daily number 2(haha) always around 9am such strange little bugger.. he goes back to bed after his bottle for about another 2 hours or so.. thats when i get to clean, prepare my meals and thats when i jump rope.. after he gets up around 11am we go to the shops which is great excersice cos as u all know getting that pram in and out of the car is pretty demanding. we walk around the shops for about an hour then we go home (the shopping centre in 2 mins away so that helps) i give him his bottle and he goes back to sleep for about an hour.. once he wakes up we go for a walk to the park.. probably half hour or so.. once we get back he plays with his toys and i start preparing food for my husband who unfortunatly doesnt NEED to be on a diet and wants all his food to have meat in it!

This seems to be helping me, but i do have a bub that is in a routine so that helps ALOT!!!
Mummy84

Postby chubba momma » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:25 am

routines are great hey!!

Patick has never beena sleeper, Hannah slept beautifully. Patrick on teh otehr hand at 9 month still wakes 2 to 3 times and his day sleeps are short
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Mummy84 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:06 am

yeh it definatly does help.. try work around their routines, i guess its a little hard with more then one child their routines arent always at the same time.. im waiting for my little one to wake up so we can go for a walk.. its a little cold outside still so we might go to the shopping centre again.. i think the shop owners there are becoming very used to seeing us walking around and know we're not always going to buy something... hahaha.. good luck with it.. and if all this doesnt work well you might just need to get ur excersice in when they are asleep at night.. thats what i used to do b4 he got into a routine.. well back then it wasnt excersice it was cleaning..!! i guess its a form of excersice..
Mummy84

Postby Arzorath » Wed May 21, 2008 4:55 pm

I guess this is the same question I ask - how do you find the time? My kids are older (15, 13.5 and 10), I work full time (office job), study part time and do the bookwork for my husband who is self employed. I also look after the house, cook, clean etc. I am not a morning person so getting up at 6am works for about 2 days and then I am too tired. I'm gone from home from 8:15am to usually about 6:00pm. By the time I help kids with homework, cook dinner etc I'm usually too drained to exercise - hence the spasmodic exerice - okay for a couple of weeks but then I lose motivation. I fractured my ankle back in January (it's still not healed) so no exercise at all (at least I was walking a couple of kms a day prior to my injury). I got on the scales on Saturday and nearly died - I've put on an extra ten kilos making me about 20 kilos over my ideal weight. It was so depressing! I'm hoping that talking to people on this forum will help me get motivated and find ideas to help me lose the weight!

Cheers
Karen
Arzorath

Previous

Return to Parenting and Weight loss