It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Free Newsletter

New mums wanting to lose weight!!!

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

New mums wanting to lose weight!!!

Postby Mummy84 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:54 am

Hi all, im a new mum to a beautiful 3 month old baby boy.. and have just a week ago started dieting.. anyone out there who wants to be my mummy buddy and lose weight together let me know!! i'm 24yrs old and wanting to get to my goal weight of 55kgs
Mummy84

Re: New mums wanting to lose weight!!!

Postby Rachel85 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:03 pm

I would love to! I have a daughter who is 4 months old and I'm trying to lose a lot of weight.
Rachel85

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:10 pm

hey from another mummy, starting 91kgs ( :( whats going on grrr ) with a goal of 60kgs but would like to get back down to 57kgs if i could. im 22 with 3 kids.
cheers,deb
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Mummy84 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi There mummy buddies... i have been really bad this weekend.. ate alot of food and chocolate.. i feel so bad.. i stept on the scale and i havent gained any weight but i feel like ive gained 5kgs.. i;m sure everyone feels like this after easter holidays.. but as of tomorrow i'll be working twice as hard to at least lose a kilo this week! hope you all were better then me this week!
Mummy84

Postby Siana-leah » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:48 am

Hey guys!!!! I have more in common with ppl on here than i thought!!
Im 23 and i have a 3 year old boy and a 6 month old girl.
For me i found the losing weight thing very difficult up until a month ago. My daughter is well settled now
and quite an easy baby for now. :D
Losing weight is very definitely possible....good luck guys!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby laura87 » Mon May 26, 2008 9:38 pm

I finally found the part of this website that I need, I have a 3 month old son, im 20 years old, and I am hoping to loose the weight that I need to by my 21st in september, but with all that is going on I am finding it so very hard, grabbing food that is quick and easy during the day, isnt always healthy. the one proper meal i have during the day is at dinner time. It would be great to get down to 55 kgs, as i am currently 65 after being nearly 80kgs when I was pregnant, so...... help would be much appreciated! Oh and if any one knows a good way to reduce the stretch marks that would be appreciated too!!! :P
laura87

Postby Siana-leah » Thu May 29, 2008 11:25 pm

hey laura....i think some advice i can give u is to take it easy. I wasnt able to properly focus on my diet and exercise until my girl was 6 months old..cos i believe that my body was still recovering and i needed to catch up on sleep when my daughter started sleeping through the night.
You could be different but i find that if ur not hard on urself during this time (i found that i was tired all the time!!)....u will know when this improves cos u will have more energy.
Hope all goes well :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:01 am

laura87: gosh besides bio oil and other scar reducing creams im not sure there is much else u can do. i wish there was as my belly is covered in them as the result of going from 58-72kgs in 6months of meeting hubby then from 72-92kgs from falling preg at 6months after meeting my hubby.
id never even been close to the 90's befor i met hubby and got preg x3.
siana: ur right, Im so glad my son is now sleeping totally thru the night its only taking 9months grrrr.other times ive tried losing weight but now i know i can do it as im getting more sleep, hubby is cutting back his hrs and will help out more yay yay yay, im now taking centrum tablets though to help with getting some energy though.
mummy84: how is everything going?
soon2bayummymummy

Postby PenM » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:02 am

you said you have started dieting. What kind of diet?
Last edited by Butterfly_Dawn on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed
PenM

Postby PenM » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:56 am

I think it's always harder for new moms to lose weight than normal girls or boys as they will spend a lot of time to take care their new baby. Maybe you need to follow some trusted diet plans like Bistro MD to cook your foods?
Last edited by Butterfly_Dawn on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed
PenM

Postby bigmamma » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 pm

hi girls i'm ready to join you just signed up yesterday. my eldest is 6 and my new little one is 6.5wks. so i'm all in SW 114.5 GW 85 but 100 by christmas. good luck girls
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wPeNNAW/]
[/url]

SW: 114.5kg (11.7.08)
CW: 112kg (weigh in friday mornings)
GW @ XMAS: 100kg
Total GW: 85kg
bigmamma

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:58 am

hey havent been on for a while, anyone still on here thats posted on this thread?
soon2bayummymummy

Postby grawger » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:21 pm

If you focus on these tips, definitely you see the results.
Weight Loss Tip 1:
Push in two fruits or vegetables with every meal you eat. This will fill your stomach and help you cut down on the calories you would take in from the other foods.
Weight Loss Tip 2:
Eat breakfast daily. You would have gone hours without eating since the previous night, hence eating breakfast would not decrease your tendency to overeat later during the day.

Weight Loss Tip 3:
Have some snacks every 4 hours. You could have any snack: Oranges, Apples, Chips, String Cheese, Pretzels etc. Eat anything you want (in small quantities), just make sure you have something in your stomach at all times, you shouldn't feel hungry.
Weight Loss Tip 4:
Eat at regular intervals. Eating at odd irregular times would upset your whole diet. It is always advisable to maintain a specific schedule and always stick to it.
Weight Loss Tip 5:
Always know your portions: Half a cup of rice is about the size of your fist, one ounce of cheese is as much as a large marble; a three ounce serving of meat is the size of a deck of cards.
Divide your plate into parts: Three fourths of it should be filled with vegetables, grains, beans and fruits while the other quarter should be extra-lean meat or low-fat dairy products.
Weight Loss Tip 6:
NEVER skip your meals.
Skipping a meal might seem like cutting on calories but thats not the case. You are basically starving yourself which is very wrong. The next meal that you eat will be converted to pure fat. This will eventually cause you to gain weight rather than losing any.
Last edited by milkyway on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam reference removed
grawger

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:25 pm

some very good tips there grawger. thanx
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Carley » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Can I join in? My youngest is 18 weeks old. My starting weight was 105 kilos, I'm currently 88.8 kilos, my currents goals are 88 kilos for April. Then 85 kilos (pre pregnancy weight 86 kilos) then 80 kilos...etc. My over all goal atm is 70 kilos then I will see how I feel when I get there.
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Next

Return to Parenting and Weight loss