It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:24 am

Free Newsletter

New mums wanting to lose weight!!!

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New mums wanting to lose weight!!!

Postby alizezz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:21 pm

thanks so much!
alizezz

Postby Marissa » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:48 am

Has anyone noticed if breastfeeding is actually helping you to lose weight faster? It's supposed to be one of the best things for losing pregnancy weight. My sis told me that it didn't help her at all, but my hubby's sis says it worked for her. Anyone want to share?

Marissa
Marissa

Postby Fatty » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi Marissa,
The breastfeeding really worked for me i lost all my baby weight withing a couple of months and and extra few kilo's on top of that, but i ate all the right stuff for my milk and drank lots of water, ive had two children and with both the same thing happened, i guess its an individual thing :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ168tb/]
[/url]
Fatty

Postby Marissa » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:28 am

Fatty wrote:Hi Marissa,
The breastfeeding really worked for me i lost all my baby weight withing a couple of months and and extra few kilo's on top of that, but i ate all the right stuff for my milk and drank lots of water, ive had two children and with both the same thing happened, i guess its an individual thing :)

Thank you for you reply. I've been talking to more and more moms who say that it's worked great for them as well. It makes me feel a lot better!
Marissa

Postby leanned76 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi everyone,
My baby girl is 8.5 months old and i have been on a healthy eating plan and gym programme for almost a month. I have had no weight loss so far and i am sooooooooooo frustrated!!! :evil:
I am good 80% of the time with a few slip ups i am currently 68kg with a goal weight of 58kg. I dont know what is going on!! I am no longer breastfeeding. Any ideas, tips, advice

Thanks
leanned76

Postby sammieroberts12 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 am

Hi! everyone. I am new here and found this chit-chat. I am proud to say that i am breastfeeding my little angel for more than 2 years already. I am actually having a hard time losing weight. Have done some exercises and made some meal adjustments and started dieting. It was so frustrating that after doing those things nothing seems to work. They say that breastfeeding can lose weight but i guess it work to some mothers out there but not for me. :-( But still i am on the positive side. Will lose weight definitely but will take a lot of time, determination and effort. Good luck to us all. :-)
sammieroberts12

Postby hotmumma78 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:17 pm

hey mums - I just posted on the intriductions page my weight loss story - but in short I have been on a weight loss plan since Aug and have been losing about 500g per week and I am still breastfeeding my little 9 month old boy. I have 3kg to get to my goal but I feel so happy to be nearly there - i did it through a company called losebabyweight
hotmumma78

Postby snappy1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:24 am

I'm mom to a 2 year old. I'm want to lose weight but I'm not consistent in working out or dieting. I go on strict weight loss diet and exercise one week and the next week I give up easily. But, after reading all these inspirational messages by new moms, I'm determined to work on losing my weight. This is a wonderful forum for losing weight and I'm glad I joined this forum. :)
snappy1

Postby Shay » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Hey snappy, another new mum here - mine is 7weeks old now. Good luck with your weight loss, remember to make it realistic and not too extreme :)

hotmumma78 wrote:hey mums - I just posted on the intriductions page my weight loss story - but in short I have been on a weight loss plan since Aug and have been losing about 500g per week and I am still breastfeeding my little 9 month old boy. I have 3kg to get to my goal but I feel so happy to be nearly there - i did it through a company called losebabyweight

Oh i've been looking at their stuff and seriously considering doing it! I hate shakes though.
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby udderperfection » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:06 pm

If is very natural that moms put on after giving birth. But i suggest not concentrating on dieting now. This will affect your baby if he or she depends on breast milk. After 1 or 2 years you can concentrate on weight loss.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted spammy sig.
udderperfection

Postby AbelAbbot » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:35 pm

According to my experience a healthy diet will help with weight loss. Eating the right food in the right amounts is necessary for healthy weight loss. Achieve life provides a diet targeted just for you that focuses on the right foods and the right amounts. Also focus on the good fats such as poly and monounsaturated fats. These are found in foods such as whole grains and nuts, fresh fruits and vegetables, and salmon.
AbelAbbot

Postby keroppi » Sun May 13, 2012 7:31 pm

I also believe that breastfeeding helps in weight loss. But also, proper diet and exercises too. Right after pregnancy, I weighed 140 lbs (I was 120 lbs before pregnancy). I did some routine exercises and started to have sugar-free diet to get back into my old shape. I just used natural sweetener for my sugar cravings. It has low calorie content so it never affects my goal.
keroppi

Previous

Return to Parenting and Weight loss