It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Waking times

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Waking times

Postby mumnbub » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:53 pm

My son wakes anywhere from 4:30am and 7am and this impacts on my decision to go for a walk or not, amogst other things. If he wakes early i can go for a walk, he will also have an early morning nap and an afternoon nap which gives me time to do some weights in the mornings and study in the afternoons. But if he sleeps later then its to late to go for a walk as its just to hot, he also has his morning nap later andthen does not have an afternoon nap so i dont get as much done.

I have always believed in setting up his routine- he goes to bed at 7pm every night, he baths/eats/plays outside at the same time each day and as a result i have a very good toddler, he likes his routine. So the only area i dont control is when he wakes, i leave that to him.

So my question is- Is it ok to wake them up at a certain time in the mornings? If i control what time we get up then i can get so much done and he is happier in the afternoons if he has had his morning and afternoon nap, so it suits us both. Its not like he does not get enough sleep- he does not wake during the night and has a few good hours during the day.

Advice greatly appreciated
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Re: Waking times

Postby Nunu » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Im in the same situation... the time my lil one wakes up, tells me how my day is gonna be...

i do wake her up though on occasions, if i need to be somewhere.... i think you should give it a try, who knows, it might work out really well, or it could be a disaster.. he could become very grumpy, or adapt well to the idea.
if you find hes very grumpy, maybe try putting him to bed at a different time. i also think the way he is woken up will deteremine how hes going to be... i think it should be fine...
and a little juice always comes in handy...

i think a waking routine as well would be good, i think i will do that with my daughter.
30 kilos and counting

lost for this week, 1.4 kilos... getting there.
Nunu

Return to Parenting and Weight loss