It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:30 pm

Free Newsletter

How do you fit exercise in?

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How do you fit exercise in?

Postby Carley » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:37 pm

I have a 4 & 1/2 month old and 3 & 1/2 year old///fun!!! I recently brought a cross trainer. I wake up and do 10 minutes on the cross trainer. Every time my youngest nap I do 10 minutes on the cross trainer. She naps 2/3 times a day. Then I do 10 minutes before dinner, so there is 40/50 minutes there...it doesn't sound a lot but when you add it up, it's a lot. After dinner most nights I walk 30-60minutes. So what works for all the other Mamas out there?
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Re: How do you fit exercise in?

Postby Tabatha » Wed May 06, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi Carley,

I have a 2 year old, nearly 4 (part time kindy) and a 7 year old. finding time to do exercise is very hard for me. Now that we don;t have daylight savings anymore it is interesting to say the least. lol

I try to go for a walk when hubby gets home after work but I am more of a morning person so I try to get up at 6am and doing a walking dvd and then sort out the kids for school. recently I have been looking into swimming and gym that have a creche so I can do I bit during the day.

It is hard because having children some days are just not good days, (I am sure you know what I mean having children yourself) so I do take it one day at a time.

All the best.
Tabatha
Tabatha

Postby Jolean » Wed May 06, 2009 5:33 pm

hello :)

well I have a 5 year old son who is at school full time. so what i do is walk him to school and then once i have dont a puzzle with him and I have to leave. I walk the really long way back. I dont include the what should be 5 min but is 10 with a kid in tow. then its about a 40 min walk I take back.

some days I go for a bike ride with my friend and she has a trailer she puts her 1 year old in. and we take turns pulling it on the bike. seriously the thing is heavy.. haha after riding a push bike and pulling the trailer it feels good to get on the motorbike and not have to pedal.

errr at the gym there is a creche.
umm strollers for walkin

the trick is keeping them amused i suppose. my boy has his DS that amuses him.. so give them something to occupy

the shops are only 10 min walk from me so if i need to get something from the shop i walk. carrying a kid on your shoulders intensifies the work out.. haha or he takes his scooter which quickens my pace.

Did that help any?
Starting weight = 85kg
Mini goal = 70kg
overall goal = 60kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTvvPcC/]
[/url]
Jolean

Postby Jolean » Wed May 06, 2009 5:38 pm

oh another fun one is...
i dunno where you are from to know what its called... but here in WA we have a thing called funstation, and i know in NSW they call the lollypops. its like a adventure playground. if they let you get up in there with the kids.. DO IT!! your legs will ache the next day promise

now thats a fun work out!!! just watch your head on the slides... i bang mine everytime!! hahaha
Starting weight = 85kg
Mini goal = 70kg
overall goal = 60kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTvvPcC/]
[/url]
Jolean

Postby Julia68 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:07 pm

I had these great goals that my son and I would do these longs walks every day. My gosh, there were some days I was too exhausted to shower. I've just joined Contours as their classes are 30 minutes and DH has offered to support me by babysitting while I go. So I'm going in the morning. Plus they only ask you do 3 days of workouts so I'm calling it me time. I've done the 3 day free intro and one night my son just kept waking so I was so tired walking in. Felt really good walking out though.
Julia68

Postby Freddy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:11 pm

My exercise is 2x55min riding my bike. I ride to work and back.

As a dad though, I guess I have an advantage of working outside of the house. Most mums work at home...
Freddy

Postby Carley » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:35 pm

I want your advantage!!!
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby fi_112 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:04 pm

I don't have kids but I'd suggest that when you get on your cross trainer, really, really push yourself each time.. then try and move as much as possible throughout the day. That way it's like a day-long interval training session!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Freddy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:04 am

Carley wrote:I want your advantage!!!

Nice wordplay. The name of the company I work for is Avantage :)
Freddy

Postby cymbahlee » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:18 pm

I have a 4 year old, a 2 year old and 12 week old twins. Formal exercise is nearly impossible, so I just try and include more in everything i do. Squats when I clean my teeth. Dancing when I vacuum. Putting the twins in the pram and going outside and playing with my girls - chasey or whatever. LIfting the cans above my head a few times when i cook tea etc. SO far I've lost 4 kilos.
cymbahlee

Postby Jaded » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:33 am

I throw the kids in the pram and go for a walk/run :)
54kgs, goal 50kgs
Jaded

Return to Parenting and Weight loss