It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Pregnant and want to be healthy

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Pregnant and want to be healthy

Postby nataliep » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Hello been a while - had bub on 26 Nov - 3 weeks prem due to preeclamsia. had a few complications - bleed and 4 iron transfusions, bub was jaundice, cold and had a high red cell count so looked a bit strange, but all fit and fighting healthy now.

Weight at start of preg - 87.5kgs
weight at end of preg - 87.5kgs - awesome hey ? :)
bub was 3.0kgs.
and my weight today - roughly 4 months post delivery?

61.1KGS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so stoked to have been able to get this far.

However, my goal weight is 55kgs, and i have been 61.1 for 4 weeks now. my loosing has levelled out and it's frustrating as hell! until 1 month ago i was just calorie counting (eating 7200KJ a day) and doing some gentle walking, then 1 month ago decided i needed to step it up - still eating the same but now exerciseing a lot more - 1 netball game a week, 2 BodyPump classes a week, running/walking 5kms 2-4 times a week.
nataliep

Postby prettybutterfly » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:24 pm

I just wanted to add to this even though you've already had your babies! babyfit.com is a great site that is designed specifically for women who are ttc, pregnant or have just had a baby. It customizes a program with meal ideas and exercise that is appropriate for your body as pregnancy goes on and in the recovery after baby. Just throwing it out there incase someone else reads this or if you ladies have more children and want to take the same approach :o)
prettybutterfly

Postby priteshppt » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Hello,

I am suggesting some healthy food that will help you to stay fit and also will not cut your daily intake..

1) Grab an apple, banana, pear, orange, or another favorite fruit. Or if you prefer, try those handy little 4-ounce fruit cups, which count as one serving toward your daily recommendation for fruits and vegetables during pregnancy.

2) Carrots are full of vitamin A and fiber, and you can find them in single-serving bags. Dip them in hummus or yogurt for an extra dose of nutrition or add a dab of salad dressing for flavor. Look for other prewashed veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach to make a quick dinnertime stir-fry.

3) Some fast-food restaurants and many grocery stores have salad bars where you can serve yourself practically a whole day's worth of fruits and vegetables.

4) f you don't know about string cheese now, just wait until your baby is a toddler – this food is likely to become a favorite snack. Low-fat mozzarella sticks are full of calcium, and one stick provides the same amount of protein as an 8-ounce glass of milk.

5) Orange juice fortified with calcium and vitamin D:- Just half a cup provides half the daily requirement of vitamin C and about 15 percent of your calcium needs. Grab a juice box (check the labels for maximum fortification) when you're on the go.
priteshppt

Postby Shay » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:21 pm

nataliep wrote:Hello been a while - had bub on 26 Nov - 3 weeks prem due to preeclamsia. had a few complications - bleed and 4 iron transfusions, bub was jaundice, cold and had a high red cell count so looked a bit strange, but all fit and fighting healthy now.

Weight at start of preg - 87.5kgs
weight at end of preg - 87.5kgs - awesome hey ? :)
bub was 3.0kgs.
and my weight today - roughly 4 months post delivery?

61.1KGS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so stoked to have been able to get this far.

However, my goal weight is 55kgs, and i have been 61.1 for 4 weeks now. my loosing has levelled out and it's frustrating as hell! until 1 month ago i was just calorie counting (eating 7200KJ a day) and doing some gentle walking, then 1 month ago decided i needed to step it up - still eating the same but now exerciseing a lot more - 1 netball game a week, 2 BodyPump classes a week, running/walking 5kms 2-4 times a week.

Just noticed this! Big congrats! Any pics of bub? How much did they weigh - boy or girl??

Lol oh man, you kicked my butt! I weighed less than you at the end of my pregnancy but I weigh 66.5kgs now and she's already almost 9 months old! I better get into gear.
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby peggyadams » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:43 am

I gained over 65 pounds on my last pregnancy. I need to lose weight and tried a couple of different diets.
peggyadams

Previous

Return to Parenting and Weight loss