It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Free Newsletter

What are the major benefits of doing yoga?

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What are the major benefits of doing yoga?

Postby TerryMoran » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:07 am

:lol: Hello friends,
Can anyone suggest me the benefits of yoga?

Thanks
----------------------
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Drug spam link removed.
TerryMoran

Re: What are the major benefits of doing yoga?

Postby bjam » Fri May 27, 2011 6:47 pm

It is both strengthening and stretching in a really enjoyable way - I also love that it works with improving posture quite a lot in the way they tell you to stand and do the moves (and because a lot of it is strengthening core stuff) - also just generally a nice feel and approach to exercise that I actually want to turn up to each week :)

Largely I chose it because I look at the body types coming out of various styles of exercise and I WANT A YOGA BODY :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6WMitp/]
[/url]
bjam

Postby udderperfection » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:59 pm

Yoga is an art; it can cure diseases as well as prevent it. Different style of Yoga has different benefit. In short, it increases immunity power that you can resist yourself from germs or virus attack. Yoga can lose your weight if done properly and maintain a diet chart. Yoga can help your to decrease diabetes, blood pressure and metal pressure.
Last edited by CronicBadger on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising in sig removed.
udderperfection

Postby Shannon.Fitness » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:56 pm

We all want to be healthy for the rest of our life but because of the lifestyles we have today, it is difficult for us to do that. Yoga is the answer. We have to consider the health benefits of doing yoga everyday.
1. Yoga contributes to improved posture.
2. Yoga helps in relaxation as it effectively eliminates tension from our body and mind.
3. Yoga improves our lung capacity.
4. Yoga helps in preventing high blood pressure.
5. Yoga relieves depression.

So just give a yoga try!
Shannon.Fitness

Postby Castillo8886 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:07 pm

Yoga is one of the ancient practice since from thousand years and researches are been proved that yoga has both preventive and therapeutic benefits which results the growth physically and mentally for a human being and the most effective benefits of yoga are improved flexibility, decrease pulse rate and equilibrium nervous system.
Castillo8886

Postby priteshppt » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Hello,

Yoga has plenty of benefits but here i am going to introduce you some of the main reason, why people love to do yoga.

1. Stress Relief
Yoga can help reduce the effects of stress on your body. One of the benefits of yoga is that it encourages relaxation and can lower the amount of cortisol in your body.

2. Pain Relief
Daily exercises of yoga can help ease the aches and pains of the body. Many people with very serious diseases have reported less pain after these daily exercises, such as asanas or meditation.

3. Better Breathing
You will learn to take deeper, slower breaths with daily exercises of yoga. It will help to increase your lung function and set off the body''s relaxation response. This can be one of the most powerful benefits of yoga.

4. Flexibility
You will notice your level of flexibility will increase, which will help with your range of motion. Sometimes in the yoga daily exercises, people cannot even touch their toes. The benefits of yoga will include lengthening the muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your body to help you become more flexible.

5. Increased Strength
Yoga poses use all the muscles in your body and help you increase your strength level from head to toe. The benefits of yoga and daily exercises will help you strengthen your muscles close to the bones, which increase the support of your skeletal system as well.
priteshppt

Postby chevbrock » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Yoga is low-impact and, depending on the style of yoga you choose (there are hundreds!) can be low or high intensity. It improves core strength, balance, flexibility and range.

When beginning, just do as much as you can do - don't expect to tie yourself in knots the first session! Work up to it. You'll be surprised how quickly you will improve just by practising every day for a few minutes.

Toned muscles burn more energy, even at rest, so yoga is fantastic for helping you increase your weight loss and sculpt your body.

I would recommend supplementing yoga with some sort of cardio workout (walking, cycling, swimming), although many will disagree.
chevbrock

Postby sunshine88 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 pm

I want to lose weight but injures myself easily with aerobics and running. Someone suggested YOGA. Reading the benefits here makes me want to do it. Does anybody know where i can download YOGA for beginners? How do i start?
sunshine88

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Sat May 05, 2012 12:25 pm

I've never done yoga but think you'd be better starting in a beginners class somewhere near you.

The team leader can then assist you with the different poses and make sure you're doing them right before you go off to do it on your own

Good choice :)

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Return to Parenting and Weight loss