It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:44 pm

Free Newsletter

contraception options

A place to talk about Family and Parenting related Weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

contraception options

Postby fgamz89 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:52 pm

So I'm done having children.. I have two gorgeous little girls and they are the best most tiring, life consuming little darlings I have.. Anyways. I was on the yasmin contraceptive pill for a few years but I felt I was terribly moody, but it didn't make me gain any weight.. If anything it's really helped me lose weight.. Then because of my excessive mood swings in switched to femme tab which is a low dose pill but that made me gain weight enormously and really bad acne..

Anyways I'm off the pill now but really need something strong for contraceptive.. I have been thinking of going back onto yasmin but it's like banned in the states and Canada now due to women dying from it.. I don't want to die from something as the birth control pill..

Can anyone recommend me a contraceptive that you feel confident in taking, and or if you have ever had the mirena iud or even the copper iud inserted which I am highly interested in getting due to no hormones.. We use condoms but their just not as reliable as I would like them to be..
STARTING WEIGHT: 62.7KG
GOAL 1: 58 KG - completed
GOAL 2: 54KG
FINISHING GOAL: 50KG
fgamz89

Re: contraception options

Postby Divalicious » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:44 am

This sort of advice is best given by a medical practitioner. All good intentions aside, but any advice from people online who cannot be identified as medically qualified should be avoided. :oops:
See your family GP, someone who knows you and your medical history!!
Especially with something like the pill, because (as a woman you'll know) they're all different.
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Blitz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:48 am

Failing on taking Josie advice....

You could try the final option my wife took - had me get a vasectomy! :shock:
A few friends of mine had it done as well and said it was no big deal. I however did find it a bit of a trauma but I did discover the other day why there is such a difference of opinion. I was talking with a good friend the other day and discovered that he had done it overnight in a hospital and that he was knocked out during the operation. No wonder there was no pain or discomfort for him! I had done it under a "local" and had driven myself there and back so was under minimal medication! The pain was stabbing and intense...I've never had worse pain (and to have it inflicted there!) :roll: :lol:

If you are going to get your bloke to do it...I recommend the overnight stay at the hospital.

The irony for me on this whole matter is this...
I've been putting it off for years - finally I get it done...
only to have my wife go through menopause just as I was healing up! :o :roll: :lol:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby fgamz89 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:40 pm

LOL how ironic!!

unfortunately they say my husband is "too young" to have it done :roll:

I wanted to get my tubes tied but at 26 they just laughed at me.. I am so over being female it really is driving me nuts!!
I'm thinking of just getting either the rod or a low dose contraceptive..
STARTING WEIGHT: 62.7KG
GOAL 1: 58 KG - completed
GOAL 2: 54KG
FINISHING GOAL: 50KG
fgamz89

Postby Divalicious » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:21 am

fgamz89 wrote: unfortunately they say my husband is "too young" to have it done :roll:

I wanted to get my tubes tied but at 26 they just laughed at me

Of course they'll dismiss your requests for either your husband or yourself to get any kind of snip or ties, you're both very young and (although one always hopes for the best) should anything happen to your relationship and you end up with a new partner, you may wish to have children with that person and if you've had such (normally irreversible) surgery such as these, it would ruin your chances.

Doctors won't perform these kind of surgeries on young patients unless there is medical evidence that necessitates it (such as a life threatening gene is identified which could be passed onto any offspring).
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Return to Parenting and Weight loss