It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:22 am

Free Newsletter

New 12 week challenge - Nov. 2008

Join in on our latest 12 week weight loss challenge here.

Moderator: Moderators

New 12 week challenge - Nov. 2008

Postby jooska » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:50 pm

hey there everyone!

i know this is starting a little late in the year since Xmas is only just round the corner...but i'm desperate to do a personal challenge in order to finally wear a bikini this January on the beach! :lol: I'm starting tomorrow, but if anyone is interested in also giving it a shot, start when you like. i'm flying solo in my weight loss, my sister joined in and we were going to the gym quite well for a while but she has fallen completely off the bandwagon and i can't seen to get her back on. i now need some other people to share motivation with!

i was thinking about doing an official 12 week challenge with one of the magazines but i'm way too scared to even contemplate sending pics in...infact i don't even want to have to stand for my partner to take them! i absolutely admire anyone who can do that.

so, if you're in, let us know and we'll get rid of all this fat together! bring on the bikinis!

SW - 70kg
GW - 62kg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSdIg5D/]
[/url]
jooska

Re: New 12 week challenge - Nov. 2008

Postby starr22 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:36 pm

Hey Jooska, I'm in! Bring on the bikinis, have to say I havn't been in a pair for quite some time now :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby jooska » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:18 pm

well...i've got through the first week having kicked chocolate and lollies etc of the menu and doing 60 mins of exercise every day. unfortunately i've only shed 200g! oh well, at least the scales are going in the right direction. :roll: i feel better for it though and am sleeping better which is always nice.

SW - 70kg
CW - 69.8kg
GW - 62kg
[/url]
jooska

Postby Ophir » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Jooska - i have also started my own 12 week challange. I started on Saturday and will be finishing on 7th Feb.

Good luck!!
Ophir

New 12 week challenge - Nov. 2008 week 2 weigh in

Postby jooska » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:27 am

hello there all those striving to shift some weight in 12 weeks...

well, i've done my 2nd weigh in and the scales say 69.2kg (boy this is slow going)! Mind you, it took a while to get the weight on aswell! lol! I bought a couple of books over the internet by a lady called Tosca Reno. they are called the Eat Clean Diet and her cookbook aswell. I just got them the other day so i've read the whole lot, cleaned out my kitchen, bought a steamer and filled up my fridge and cupboard with all the foods she recommends. well, let's see if it truly works. what she says sounds pretty good. you don't cut out any food group (except refined sugars - not that that is actually a food group on its own) and you get to eat a lot. six small meals a day with lots of water and some exercise. There is a bit of cooking in advance though, but hey, i figured i can manage that.

well, we'll see if something amazing happens!

how is everyone else going? has anyone found something that works well, or are people snail trailing along like me :roll:
i guess it depends on how much weight you have to lose also.

catch you later :)
[/url]
jooska

Postby Ophir » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:56 am

good work on the loss :) Enjoy the cooking. I got shopping every fortnight and buy various meats and vegies, then each day/night i got through my CSIRO book or CK and pick something yummo to cook.

Have been doing some sort of exercise everyday as well. Im not doing my weight or measurements for another 3 weeks, so fingers crossed for some good progress then.

One thing i have found is that i cannot have almonds in the house, they seem to have replaced the chocolate for the snack item... :oops:
Ophir

Postby Ally147 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:12 pm

Well done so far, you're doing great.

Almonds are ok, they fill you up better than what chocolate would and any diet or healthy eating plan u read will say that nuts are good for a snack food. I find if you buy them in the little serving boxes (like you buy sultanas etc) then you are less likely to eat a whole lot, i can only eat half a box of them at a time, thats bout 20 almonds (so around about a handful)...

Good luck for the rest of your challenge, keep us updated on how you're going!!

~Ally~
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby Ophir » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:10 pm

Have a small bag at work that i use for snacks everyday. I have 20 for a morning snack, but a couple of weeks ago i bought a 500g bag of them which i had at home. They are all gone now thankfully.
Ophir

Postby jooska » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:04 am

tell me about nuts! i find the same thing...they are just too easy to keep snacking on, especially if i'm studying.

i am doing exercise. i go to the gym and do weights three times a week and do a spinning class on the two days inbetween the weights, plus i walk my dog every day for at least 30 mins. i've always walked my dog but i've only just started back at the gym. i am taking into consideration that muscle weighs more than fat so to be honest, if the scales don't really change the 8kg i'm hoping for i'm not that fussed as long as the dress sizes reduce! i'm a 14 at the moment and that was even beginning to get tight so that was the 'light bulb moment' when i thought i really need to do something. i used to be a size 10 only a couple of years ago so it shouldn't be out of reach.

with this Clean Eating Diet you have to pre-cook all your meals, which has actually worked out really well for me as i've always struggled with getting together a snack (and then end up eating way more). now, everything is organised in containers in the fridge and i just get it, whack it in the microwave (depending on what it is) and then eat. even though it takes a bit of time to prepare and cook, it sure seems to be working as my pants are feeling more comfortable! :lol:

what exercise is everyone else doing?
[/url]
jooska

Postby nutmeg » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:33 am

This is just what I've been looking for. I weighed in last Saturday at 72.6kg's and my ideal goal is around the 65kg mark! So great to have an 'accountability' sort of situation. So.... I'm in on the challenge. From today!! I weigh on a Saturday so as to fend off the Friday 'splurge'. All the best everyone and MAY WE ALL LOSE! :lol:

next weigh:
Sat. 29/11
nutmeg

Postby Ophir » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:34 pm

Im currently doing a few different things - couch to 5km, stepper, x-trainer, weight machines and core exercises. Generally ill do either the stepper for 15min, arm weights, x-trainer for 15 mins, leg weights then come home and do core exercises OR ill swap the stepper for the couch to 5km and reduce the time on the x-trainer to 10mins. I try to get to the gym 4-5 times per week. On the days that i dont go to the gym i still try to do the core exercises at home.
Ophir

Postby jooska » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:06 am

hello Nutmeg! welcome to this pre-2009 12 week challenge! gee, if we're starting now, what are everyones New Years Resolutions going to be!? mine is to keep losing until i get to my goal...oh, and also buy some sexy new clothes :wink:

silly question here, but how do you move the ticker once you've lost some weight?...i can't work it out for the life of me! :oops: i'm not that great with technology! lol!
[/url]
jooska

Postby nutmeg » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:34 pm

golly jooska, I can't even GET a ticker up and running :lol:
nutmeg

Postby sheena » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:47 pm

I will join in your 12 week challenge
sheena

Postby Ophir » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:56 am

I havent done much this weekend as i hurt my knees earlier in the week - Patella Tendonitis or something like that. Damage was done on sunday walking around in non supportive shoes then i aggrivated it on tuesday when i was doing C25km.

Hoping to take myself to the gym tonight and do 20 mins or so on the x-trainer. I feel like a blob and need to do something. Plus my tummy is starting to poke out a bit.
Ophir

Return to 12 Week Challenges