It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:42 pm

Free Newsletter

new year and a new me emerging

Join in on our latest 12 week weight loss challenge here.

Moderator: Moderators

new year and a new me emerging

Postby missyann » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:47 am

Hi everyone,
Hope that you are all okay and doing well on your diets. Sorry I have not been in contact sooner but work has been mayhem :( . I am really proud of myself I have joined the local gym and swimming baths. This is a reall achievement for me I would never go to a gym before. I was concerned that I would feel out of place, but the staff are friendly and nobody takes any notice. I meet with a personal trainer who help design a work out plan for me.I have been attending for nearly three weeks now. I use the gym I do aqua workouts, which is great fun and I go swimming as much I can. The only thing I find strange that the other women just strip of regardless of who is around. I felt like I was back at school trying to get dressed under a towel :o . Maybe its me maybe im just a prude !!!!!!!. I have taken my measurements and so far I have lossed 5 inches. I looking forward to buying some trendy gym gear yeh :mrgreen:
missyann

Re: new year and a new me emerging

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:06 am

Congrats on the loss so far! 5 inches is a huge amount. Good on you!

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the gym. Keep up the good work!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Mandie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 am

Well done on your loss so far! Swimming is a great exercise :)

It's funny what happens when you get some confidence - I used to be hiding in the towel/toilet cubicle to get changed, now I'm the one strutting about naked looking for my clothes/deoderant. It's actually quite liberating when you realise that NO-ONE is looking at you - everyone is far too worried about their own bodies to worry about yours! But take it slow, at your own pace... do what's comfortable fo ryou!
Mandie

Postby missyann » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:04 am

Hi Mandie I suppose your right. I never dreamed that I would go to a gym on my own. So that is an achievement for me. :lol:
missyann

Return to 12 Week Challenges