It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Free Newsletter

WEEK 3 : 16/5/11 - 22/5/11

Join in on our latest 12 week weight loss challenge here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WEEK 3 : 16/5/11 - 22/5/11

Postby KittyMul » Fri May 20, 2011 11:37 am

Morning Challengers,

I weighed in this morning with another 1.1kg loss to take me to 99.7kg - double digits, wooooooooo! It's been four years since I've been under 100kg, so I'm feeling pretty good this morning! It's raining like cats and dogs here, so today might have to be a toning day instead of the long walk I'd planned. I'm not complaining though, we so desperately need rain :|

Yogi, I'm planning on treating myself to new runners at the end of this challenge - there is nothing worse than crappy old ones. Hope the new ones are working out well!
SW: 121kg
CW: 96.4kg
GW: Less than I weigh now...
KittyMul

Postby ganymede » Fri May 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Congratulations kitty, on your loss this week and getting into the double digits! You must be feeling fantastic! Keep up the great work :D
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Metalcharm » Sun May 22, 2011 10:07 am

Nice going everyone .. especially Kitty .. congrats on your double digits! No going back now!! :D

Weighed in this morning and it's showing 63kg. Yessssss!
I live on a sheep station and it was a very busy week which I'm sure is what prompted the loss.

I did one of the jobs that I hadn't done for years that requires pretty good strength - I convinced my other half to let me do it this time and I did it pretty easy .. and it gave a good stength workout too .. .although i don't think I wanted it to go on much longer, I was buggered LOL
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby ozechick20 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:16 am

I started this week feeling pretty good. By the time Wednesday came, my motivation was beginning to disappear.

I didnt fall off the wagon really I just didnt exercise much and I didnt track for most of the week....not good.

Start weight: 73.4kgs
Current weight: 73.6kgs

200g isnt much but the fact I didnt lose anything and gained is dissappointing but i'll get there!

Congrats to everyone this week - saw some of the milestones that people have acheived and its really inspiring. :D

xo Oz
ozechick20

Postby yogibbear » Sun May 22, 2011 9:46 pm

CW: 100kg. Sick locked in 1kg loss.

Going to see how quick i can wear down my new pair of runners.
yogibbear

Postby KittyCat88 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:41 am

I am really happy this morning. I had my weigh-in and got a really good result, which I was not expecting due to a serious of stomach problems Ive been having over the week.
But I am very happy to say that this time last week I was 83.9kgs
And this morning I am 82.5kgs
Giving me a total loss of 1.4kgs :D

I am very pleased with my result this week, and a big congratulations to everyone else on their great work this week. Good luck to you all for week 4 :D
KittyCat88

Postby danmo48 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:54 am

Good Morning everyone.

Well I didn't do as well as I have wanted but I had a couple of weak moments during the week. No excuses though.
Week 2 I weighed 143.3kg
After week 3 I now weigh 142.5kg
That is a loss of 800g. It isn't what I wanted but I am happy that I lost weight and didn't gain.
This will give me motivation to work harder and don't give in to temptation.

Congratulations to everyone on their losses this week and good luck for week 4. :-)
danmo48

Postby bjam » Mon May 23, 2011 10:37 am

I would not have called this a bad week bar one night out mid week when I had a lot to drink and some party food (not crazy, but some) - exercised as I normally do and ate well the rest of the week, total cals 1250-1350 and net cals under 1200 (this could be the issue?? I am going to look at eating more on days I am exercising...)

anyways - it is the first week I have gained since I started :shock:

Start - 72.2
End of: Wk 1 - 71.2
Wk 2 - 70.6
Wk 3 - 71.1

ah well :roll: the fun continues :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6WMitp/]
[/url]
bjam

Postby boonaz » Mon May 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Congrats to everyone who was successful in their weight loss journeys this week, it is amazing to hear about everyones stories.

Mine wasnt as successful as everyone's and I am a bit disappointed. I have lost 400gms but I'm annoyed it hasnt been more considering all the exercise I have been doing. I am doing 3 x 45 min intensive boxing sessions/week, weights/resistance training Monday nights and gym most days for the past 4 days... It's driving me nuts but hopefully my body will loose all the weight for next weeks challenge!!

SW: 110kgs
CW: 101.5kgs
GW: 80kgs
boonaz

Postby liquefied_stars » Tue May 24, 2011 1:46 am

I had a good week I kept my calories to an average of 1500 per day but saved a few for movie night in the weekend and had a bit of an evening off. I did a step class at the gym and left looking like a beetroot but I really enjoyed it and I also tried a yoga class, as well as still doing some weights and cardio.

I shed 1.3kgs so down to 96.9kgs whoo hoo and I am beginning to feel a wee bit human. I have had a treat each week that I have stuck with it this week was a haircut next week its a massage. :D
liquefied_stars

Postby Slimming to multiply » Tue May 24, 2011 10:11 am

So this week was a tiny loss, but I guess a loss is a loss. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Last weeks weight: 120.0
Current weight: 119.8

Congrats to everyone for their losses! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjJakJc/]

First mini goal is to reach 110kgs - achieved November 2011
Second mini Goal is to reach 105kgs -
Slimming to multiply

Postby Shorty » Tue May 24, 2011 10:43 am

Well i thought the scales were playing up mine said 92.4 and a week later the gym ones said 89.9 but both are saying 89.8kg,,its the first time in years i have hit the 80's :mrgreen: (this is over two weeks) records show i have been to the gym 6 times with 1 hour walking sessions but more importantly i am eating better foods including making my own stir frys etc for the first time in my life (i am 44) can't wait for this week,, :D
Shorty

Postby Slimming to multiply » Tue May 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Shorty wrote:Well i thought the scales were playing up mine said 92.4 and a week later the gym ones said 89.9 but both are saying 89.8kg,,its the first time in years i have hit the 80's,, :D

Well done shorty!!! I can't wait until I'm that weight again. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjJakJc/]

First mini goal is to reach 110kgs - achieved November 2011
Second mini Goal is to reach 105kgs -
Slimming to multiply

Postby Danni » Tue May 24, 2011 1:17 pm

confession time....i was NOT going to post in here this week...i was going to stay away and post next week (maybe) or just never post here again :oops:

The story so far.......
Week 1: 69.2 kg
Week 2 : 68.9 kg
A LOSS of 300gms

Week 3 - weigh in day - sunday 22nd - 70 kg
A GAIN of 1.1 kg I was so dissapointed :( :(

But instead of not posting, i'm here and looking for some advice/tips if anyone would like to share

I've been using Calorie King, counting calories each and every day...staying at or under 1200 calories per day, I work full time, sedentary office job, have a family etc...I'm pretty sure my downfall is lack of exercise...so how much exercise per day is a good amount to encourage a weight loss?

I don't want to force myself to fit in 60 minutes each day if 30 minutes will do the job, I'm very time poor, BUT having said that if I have to do 60 minutes per day, I will. Is that 60 minutes able to be broken down into 2 30 minute sessions, would that still work in regards to weight loss??

Really, any advice/thoughts re exercise would be great, I would love to hear what everyone else do during their week. There is a LOT of conflicting evidence available on the internet...the more I read the more confused I am becoming :?

And congratulations to everyone on their weight losses so far, well done!
Danni

Postby bjam » Tue May 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Hey Danni - we are at a v similar wgt and I am also counting cals - perhaps we can compare notes :P what is your goal weight? (obv as you get closer it is harder to lose - but also, as you get closer you should have smaller deficits in your cals, ie closer to a maintenance level, as your body has less excess fuel to burn off and will try harder to hold onto the little amt of energy you are giving it if you are eating v little - and 1200 or less is very little).
I personally find that exercise does very little to my weight - i know there are those that swear by it and those that find the same, that it is all in diet - it definitely makes me feel better and I think improves my shape - but not the scale. Also I see no reason not to break it into two 30 min sessions - or even just one 30min session in a day - any extra you do is naturally going to improve your fitness and burn calories - thus climbing stairs, walking the long way around etc are little but add up and are perhaps a nice way to view the world if you have little time to do planned exercise - as a side note to this, you are already eating v few cals and if you add in exercise that is going to take your net cals even lower and if you subscribe to the theory that too low will cause your metabolism to slow then I would be thinking about this as a possible reason for weight loss slowing. I count using myfitnesspal and this also tracks your exercise cals burnt so you can eat more on those days and keep your "deficit" calories fairly stable.
I would consider trying more calories for a week or two and see how you go... 1200 = a minimum for women and depending on your height may be too little thus making it harder to lose and harder to stick to. I started at v low cals and sat at the same weight for 3 wks before I changed it to 1300 and then saw a drop. I am not saying this is the issue - but it is perhaps worth looking into. The nice thing about counting cals is you can always tweak stuff and see what happens and you have a beautiful record of what does and does not work for you as an individual.
I am sticking to a 1350cal day at present but once I start seeing a plateau or gain etc I am going to try calorie cycling next to mix things up (2 days below goal, one day at maintenance, repeat) - supposed to mean your body doesnt adjust to whatever you are doing - I havnt tried it before so not sure if it will work for me - but again, that is part of what I like about recording it all.

Sorry, that was a bit of an essay, you just happened to post about the very issue I am having right now :lol:

best of luck! look forward to hearing how you go with it all!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6WMitp/]
[/url]
bjam

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Week Challenges