It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:27 am

Free Newsletter

Suit Alterations LOL

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Suit Alterations LOL

Postby Tas » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:40 am

Well this morning I thought it was time to get one of my 3 suits altered to fit me now. I have not worn them since September last year when I was in Japan on business. Bear in mind I did not start this lifestyle change until October last year!
I know the lady there quite well as I often have jeans and pants taken up there - but this morning it was hysterically funny! I put my suit on and came out and she burst out laughing so bad she almost fell off her chair - I had at least 6 inches of loose material between my legs LOL the crutch was hanging down half way to my knees!! The pants were 4 sizes to big for me LOL the Jacket shoulders were at least 3 inches too long and the width of the jacket had to be taken in 4 inches - I am not saying it was tight on me last September as I do like loose fitting clothes but they were obviously far too big now.
I pick them up on Friday and will take in another two suits which I haven't worn for well over 6 months and one of them was slightly too big before so she will probably, definitely fall of the chair when she glances at the amount of material hanging on them LOL
Sorry if this is way off topic but it was really funny this morning and I had to share the moment with people that would understand!
It helped my confidence too as you can imagine.
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:42 am

LOL, I understand Maria. The size of my jeans is now verging on the ridiculous. My 'looser' jeans I can now take off without undoing the fly and my belt makes them all bunch up. My 'tighter' jeans are now as loose as the looser ones were to start with!!!! AND I can now fit back in to my year 10 leavers dress.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Tas » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:55 am

Congratulations!!! I am the same with my shorts or jeans I just whop 'em dowm when needed without undoing the zipper and button - it is amazingly easy to go to the loo LOL.
Ye, I have a pair of size 16 jag jeans that are very big on me now, I use a belt and scrunch it up LOL. ...actually even the belt only just fit me on the first hole but now down to the fourth hole Yaaayy
What gives me a kick is the fact that I am nearly two kilo's lighter than Roger my OH LOL :twisted:
Let's keep on going there girl! Hey whatya think of snow on Mount Wellington yesterday?? I just LOVE this climate!
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:44 pm

Nutty weather. One day it's beautiful and warm, next it's snowing!! :roll: I do like it a bit cooler though. heat gives me headaches
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Groovychic » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:11 pm

Well done you guys!!! It must feel great to be able to put on your clothes that are too big. It makes you really realise that you have lost the weight and it wasn't just the scales being silly!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:17 pm

WTG guys . Aint it great when yor clothes start to fall off . And yes tassie weather is crazy but i didnt know about that snow . Heheh what can i say its always beutiful one day freezing the next
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to Lifestyle Talk