It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:33 am

Free Newsletter

Whinge Time

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Whinge Time

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:50 pm

What irritates you most about losing weight? I know there's heaps of good bits, but there are some really annoying things too.

For me it's mostly to do with other people

1) the way people tell you about the latest diet when they find out you're losing weight. Come on people, if I needed weight loss tips, would I be losing weight so well already?

2) People who ask you what you 'secret' is and then get disapointed when you tell them "better eating and more exercise" - what were you expecting, some kind of magic sci-fi fat blasting machine?

3) people who try to sabotage you with the most obvious items like "oh go on, you know you want a chocolate bar" when you haven't eaten chocolate in so long it would probably make you chuck now anyway. And besides, what the hell do you think you're doing sabotaging someone's effort to be healthy?

4) people who don't notice!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will add to this list when I think of more and am in a suitably cranky mood.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dolly » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:35 pm

5) The length of time it takes lose a kilo and how quickly you can gain a permanent kilo back again :shock: :shock:
Dolly

Postby carleyjt » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:51 pm

6) people that make you feel guilty for losing weight

7) People that say 'you are getting to skinny' or ' it cant be healthy what you are doing' to try and make you lose track so they can feel better about themselves
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
carleyjt

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:25 am

I've got a slightly different whinge, mine is : now that I'm smaller everyone is always saying that I' so tiny!

I hope I don't make anyone feel bad by saying that but I've found being smaller also gets a bit of criticism too.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgD7vDi/]
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Dolly » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:00 am

9) always trying to work out the calories before I eat anything.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:52 pm

10) having periods all over the place because of the extra exercise. Probably doesn't happen to anyone else but I do tend to get a bit of spotting and my periods are 6 weeks apart. Mind you that is nothing to whinge about! If I hadnt had my tubes tied I would worry each month that I was pregnant!!!

11) Feeling guilty if I don't exercise, or only doing a small amount of exercise each day.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

whinges of mine

Postby Livy » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:24 pm

You know what annoys me most of all? When someone tries to TELL me how to lose wieght....Comments like (usally from skinny people who have NO idea what it's like to be overweight.

"All you have to do is eat less and excercise more".
"Drink more water"
"Don't sit in front of the computor so much"
"Be more disiplined"

You know, we ALL know how to lose wieght, we aren't idiots, but it takes more effort than skinny people can imagine.
Livy

Postby KimE » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:59 pm

a) constantly being asked if I had some of the cake or chocolate that was on offer at work...

b) seeing some ppl get disappointed because I didn't have some of the cake or chocolate that was on offer at work....

c) the same ppl then using me as some sort of confessor because they did have some of the cake or chocolate that was on offer at work...

bizarre
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby MissE » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:50 pm

People who follow you around and tell you off for every little thing you put in your mouth, no matter if you have allowed for it or not!!

1) the way people tell you about the latest diet when they find out you're losing weight. Come on people, if I needed weight loss tips, would I be losing weight so well already?

omg, this s**ts me to tears. No, i dont want to try your diet. Yes, i am very happy with the way I'm losing. If I'm happy with what I'm doing and it is working, why on earth would i want to try the latest fad??
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Jisgone » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:05 pm

I hate diet sabotagers!! one of my friends is gainging weight, almost as fast as i losing it and she gets grumpy when i eat fruit salad instead of the stuffed potato covered in bacon cheese and calories that she eats, with a side order of chips and a 600ml coke of course! if i choose to lose weight i will make the choices about what i eat, and aslong as im not starving myself or throwing up after i eat then whats it got to do with you :roll: I think it just frustrates me because they have no idea how hard it is to work out at the gym, or to lose a single kilo and they dont understand how much eating the stuffed potato chips and coke will effect the hard work ive done.

End of rant :D
Jisgone

Postby slimmindown » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:49 pm

Sitting down with others, who give you that side look at meal breaks. Like "what is she eating for tea, she's on a diet you know".

No I'm not I'm just eating healthier and exercising, no "diet" for me... :x

Also I still have a lot of guilt if I eat anything my mind doesnt consider healthy, my problem I guess :lol:
I'd like to have something every now and again but I'm afraid of slipping up to much. Something I need to work on... 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:17 am

hi slimmin i know where you are coming from. sometimes i think aw if i have a small bag of pineapples ill end up buying a magnum a flavoured milk and a choccy bar and stuff myself!
kate_turner2000

Re: Whinge Time

Postby Kylie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:57 am

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:
4) people who don't notice!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YES! This irritates me to no end.
My husband and I went out for dinner with some friends last year, during my big weight loss year. I had lost 16kg and so proud of myself. My husband shaved his beard and when we all sat down our friends said to my husband "You look different, have you lost weight?"

Meanwhile, I am sitting there, 16kg (16KG!!!) lighter and nothing, NOTHIN'!!!!

:evil:
Kylie

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:46 am

Oh Kylie, how annoying that they commented on his lack of beard and nothing else.

I had some people over and they asked me "is there something different about you, have you changed your hair", I had lost about 20kgs at the time. To be fair these have probably only met me 3-4 times in total before and they wouldn't remember exactly how I looked but still.

I get it at work a lot, there are some people who simply will not say anything whether they have noticed or not.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:01 pm

thats like my pop yesterday

'have you lost weight?'
'yes pop nearly 20kgs worth'
'oh yeah...well keep going'
'thanks pop... at least you cant refer to me as that deceased relative i never knew who was overweight anymore'
'yeah you still have her face though'

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Lifestyle Talk