It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:57 am

Free Newsletter

Getting old

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Getting old

Postby Serena » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:23 pm

It's hard rubbish collection time again and we live in a street with a lot of old people and original occupants from when the houses were built in the late 1940's. There's this old lady 2 doors down and apparently she's well into her 80's. She rings on the doorbell when I was having a nap (again) and wants to know if she can take the coffee table we've put out. I said fine and offered to have Darren take it down for her because it's not a little table, it's a big solid timber one, and she said "no, no, that's fine" and carts it off herself. I'm not even 30 and I'd probably sook if I had to bring it back into the house. She's so spritely and she doesn't even look 60, much less 80 something, and she does her own gardens and she's out and about every day. I hope I have that much go in me when I'm her age, although I don't like my chances since I don't have that much go in me now and I'm only a third of the way there!
Serena

Postby Dolly » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:27 pm

Serena, I know exactly what you mean.
My mum goes to water aerobics and normal aerobics every week, weeds, plants and sprays the garden (she's 78) she goes to Fremantle shopping 3 times per week by bus, also walks to her nearest shops every day or so, vacations overseas once per year by herself, attends every family party and doesn't mind how late she stays up etc...etc... there's nobody gonna stop her enjoying her life and doing exactly what she pleases.
I figure the French must have been testing their bombs again at the time I was being born because I have every little health thing going wrong and no strength to do anything much anymore.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:28 pm

The older generation can certianly put us to shame :oops:
I hope I can be that spritely at that age, now that's something to look forward to. I have a few years to work on it so I might make it. :wink:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Fairie

Return to Lifestyle Talk