It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Free Newsletter

Colon Irrigation

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Colon Irrigation

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:49 am

I finally bit the bullet and made an appointment at my local colon hydrotherapy clinic. I have been thinking about it for about a year now :shock:

I am sure that it's going to be the most horrible and embarrassing thing that I have ever done! But hopefully it will be worth it afterwards...

Has anyone else had it done? Would love to hear anyone's experiences... feeling a bit stressed :oops:
SarahC

Postby Groovychic » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:36 am

You are doing WHAT Sarah????? Colon cleansing. Geez the only colon cleansing I have heard of is in the nutty professor!!! The old dad did a heap of colon cleansing!!! :lol: What exactly is it meant to do for you???? I might have to look this up on the net. Let us know how you go Sarah. I'm very interested in what this is.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:19 pm

Well, I'm going next Thursday night... so I'll provide a full report then 8)

I have been treating my digestive system very badly for quite some time now, with continual overeating at night etc, and lately have been attempting to make it up by taking a fair amount of laxatives, which is really bad. I've become almost dependent on them :(

Also the overeating has left me feeling pretty gross in general, bloated, gassy, horrible skin and frequent headaches... all things that can be really helped with the colon hydrotherapy. Because it removes all the materials that have become lodged on the inner wall of the colon, and have just been sitting there rotting and making you feel pretty ill. ( I read today 5-6 kgs of muck could be in there, and could have been there for years!! Like the inside of a mouldy old drainpipe.... errr) And it help to restore normal functioning of the colon, ie, reversing the damage from the laxatives!

Plenty of info on the net too :)

Some websites I've found are
http://www.coloncareclinic.com.au
http://www.detoxlounge.com.au
http://www.colonirrigation.com.au

Wish me luck...
SarahC

Postby Groovychic » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:58 pm

Well good luck with it Sarah. Let me know how you go. I'm interested to see how you feel afterward. Whether you bounce around full of energy and feel healthy. I guess after you have then you will have to make sure your diet is good so you don't clog it up again. Its not good to be taking all those laxatives. Have you tried having metamucil in the mornings??? Or all bran. It doesnt taste the best but it's all about the fibre. I eat it with milk and diet yogurt and a small handful of saltanas. Its really not too bad like that. And try eating a raw carrot each day, and an apple!!! Its all about getting the fibre so you don't have to take the laxatives. And if you do have to take them go for a natural one, such as nulax........its full of figs and prunes and such! I have metamucil every 2nd day or so and find that is plenty. But I think it is mainly the water intake. Make sure you drink plenty of it, expecially when you first get up. I normally drink a whole glass before I even have a cup of tea. Mind you all these good things I do, havent really helped with the weightloss!!!! :lol: If I didnt eat so much crap then the good things would be brilliant!!!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby SarahC » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:59 am

Yep, I eat bran at least every second morning... I reckon it tastes alright, so I just have it with soy milk (lately though as it's so cold, I let it soak in the milk for a bit then zap it in the microwave :lol: ) And mountains of fruit and veg too...
Maybe just need to work on drinking more water. I'd say I would get in close to 2 litres, but since I do so much excercise and drink so much tea/coffee, I could do with a bit extra...
I just found a great natural energy drink, that comes as a powder that you add to water, so that should hopefully help increase the water intake also (and maybe reduce the need for coffee!). Like red cordial, but healthy :P
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:17 pm

Arrrggg... did it! And survived 8)

I won't gross everyone out with all the horrible, gorey details. But I do feel alright today. I have successfully managed to keep my eyes open all day at work! Normally, my head is about to fall onto my desk by about 10am :o But I'm still kicking on today. And I weighed 0.8kgs lighter this morning... only temporary I know, but still cool.

Felt pretty tired last night though. It actually wears you out a bit, as you continually have to use your tummy muscles to push the water out of you. And I was starving... not sure if it was because of the treatment, or because all I hadn't eaten anything for 6 hours...

Just little cramps today every so often, but other than that, recovering okay.

Interesting, the therapist told me that she has found a few of her patients have lost some weight. And in the info that she gave me, it says that the toxins from the accumulated waste can actually cause weight gain.. or that being overweight could be one of the symptoms of the toxicity.

I'll certainly be watching my food a lot more closely from now on, which has to help. Went into the chocolate shop over the road today (to get chocolate for my family!), and actually felt a little ill... wierd :?
SarahC

Postby Groovychic » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:49 pm

Well done Sarah! I hope you continue to feel good.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Leishkin » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:05 pm

congrats on being so brave! I've been thinking about it ever since I first heard about it a couple of years ago, it's supposed to be really good for you, you know, once you get past the horrifying part of actually getting it done!

would be interested to hear how you're feeling, a week on.

Leish
xo
Leishkin

Postby SarahC » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:07 am

Thank you :D

I guess overall I haven't noticed any huge differences. But I do feel better and healthier within myself, which is great :)

They recommend a series of irrigations to get the best results. For some people, that might be once per week for the first month, then once a month after that. For me, she said once per month should be fine. So, I will definitely consider going back next month as I am sure that the results will become better and better each time 8)

For anyone who's thinking about it, I would say go for it :D
SarahC

Postby Garfield » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:03 am

Is it expensive to get done?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby SarahC » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:48 am

I paid $70, but I guess this would vary from clinic to clinic. I've seen some that offer a range of extra services, such as abdominal massage, that cost extra. And some that offer discounts if you book multiple sessions :)
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:45 am

Quick update... I went and had a second go yesterday morning (only about 5 months after the first :oops: ). It went a whole lot better than the first, thank goodness! I was a bit bloated and crampy yesterday.... but it was amazing, by 6pm, I could have sworn it was only 2pm. And I didn't start to get tired until at least 10:30pm last night :D Luckily my poor belly is back to normal this morning lol...

I'm determined to be good from now on, now I think I have the silly season out of my system :lol:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:41 am

oooh so it went well? i remember vesna on big brother two years ago talking about it. i think the benefits of it would be unreal but id be worried about having it done! (embarrassed)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:44 pm

Yeah a lot better than the last time thank goodness :D

I remember Vesna on BB. It was one of the Uncut episodes lol.

It's not really overly embarassing. The place I went to, the therapist only comes in a couple of times during the treatment to check up, most of the time you're on your own. I just worry that I won't be able to get the water back out of me, and my bowels will explode :lol: :lol: (you never know, it could happen!) It's just the cramps that I hate, you know the kinds that you get when you really need to go... just like that, for 45 mins :shock:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:00 pm

wow is it really like that? do you get to see the yucky stuff come out?
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Lifestyle Talk