It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:26 pm

Free Newsletter

New Mums

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

New Mums

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:16 am

Aussie mums are under pressure to lose their baby weight from images of celebrity mums, their friends and themselves.

A recent Roy Morgan study revealed 33 percent of new mums felt pressure to meet the unrealistic weightloss of celebrity mums whilst 29 percent reported high standards being set by mothers within their social circle.

Two out of every three mums admit they are their own worst enemy when it comes to weightloss.

*taken from Take 5 Magazine Nov 8 2006
kate_turner2000

Postby Bel » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:24 pm

I can relete... As most of you know I have a 3 month old little boy called Connor. The moment I was told I could excerise properly again I joined I gym.

However I didn't really put on a great deal of weight during my pregnancy I only put on about 5 kgs, which I have already lost. I just wanted to lose the weight that I had carried before Connor.

It peeve's me off when I see pictures of Britany sprears on the cover of a mag last week. Thin as only 5 weeks after giving birth to her 2nd child. Dont mean to be rude but that girl did put on alot of weight during both of her pregnancies how the hell she lost it all is beyond me. And for the record I thought that there was a 6 week rest period for new mums before they could do anything to full on.

I think to myself that all those this so called yummy mummys look great how much damage are the actully doing to themself's. I would much prefer to know that I'm healthly then run the risk of killing myself.
Expectations are only worth living up to if there your own!!!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Bel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:08 pm

:shock: i want to know if there is a mum out there who FELT like exercising and dieting after just having a baby? lol. i wasnt happy with my appearance but i was so tired that i just didnt have the energy- or time to get healthy and fit! lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:19 pm

I agree Kate after my DS who is now 3 when he was born the last thing on my mind was slipping back into my jeans (still cant bat thats another story . No wonder mums are under so much pressure . i often wonder whether if males were the one to give birth whether society would be so on there back about losing post baby weight
Cheer Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Chelle » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:38 pm

i want to know if there is a mum out there who FELT like exercising and dieting after just having a baby? lol. i wasnt happy with my appearance but i was so tired that i just didnt have the energy- or time to get healthy and fit! lol.

With Josh no because I had in my mind why loose weight when I am going have anoher child soon. With braydon I had just moved back to port when he just turned 2 months old started walking every night the first week I arrived. I walked along the break wall from the marina right into town to the beach & back about 1 - 1/2 hour walk & I still do that walk at least 1 - 2 times a week now.
Chelle

Return to Lifestyle Talk