It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:46 am

Free Newsletter

overcompulsive eating disorder

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

overcompulsive eating disorder

Postby Summer » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:09 am

I've actually done some research on binge eating disorder and every sympton fits me perfectly. I am really glad that I found this website because I've been looking for a way to get some help that doesn't cost me $200 per visit. If anyone knows anything about binge eating, please help me. I struggle with binging at least two or three times a week. Then, I feel so guilty for eating as much as I do. I am so sick of this that I could just scream. I just really need some help in knowing how to deal with it.

Postby Dolly » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:09 am

Summer you're definately in the right place. I think most of us must suffer from that binge eating disorder to be as large as we are.
If a bowl of choc coated peanuts was placed on the kitchen table in the morning and I promised not to touch i (making promises while your strong willed is easy) but by the end of the day I'd find my will power is gone, your thoughts have been telling you one peanut won't do anything to your diet, continually nagging away at you until you finally realize the bowl is now empty and if you clear it away perhaps the family won't remember it was full that morning.
Reporting here after each meal on the true stories thread is really helping to keep some of us in line.

Postby Summer » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:54 am

Thanks for the little bit of advice. I think that you're right...reporting how I'm doing with my new lifestyle should be motivation enough to keep away from binge eating. Plus, just having people around that motivate others will be a great help.

Postby Serena » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:48 am

Being accountable to someone other than yourself certainly helps, as does all the support that we can give each other. I think the best way to tackle bingeing is to plan. If you know what you are allowed to eat and when (making sure you allow for snacks so you don't get hungry) then you can nearly stay right out of the kitchen. I like weight watchers because you have a daily points allowance to spend on food and so you think about what you eat to make sure to get the best value for your points. Hope this helps. I'm not so much of a binger as a constant grazer. I need to stay well away from the kitchen!

Return to Lifestyle Talk