It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

Feeling Down?

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Feeling Down?

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:19 pm

If you're feeling a bit down, angry, sad, upset or worried, this is the place to clear the air by getting it off your chest.
Having upsets can result in binge eating therefore block you from your weightloss goals.
Please share your thoughts with us.
Remember, a problem shared is a problem halved (and that's gotta be good)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Image

Dolly

Postby Dolly » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:01 pm

Okay here goes, I have a thyroid gland problem and even with my thyroxine medication I still have next to no metabolism so I can gain weight at a drop of a hat.

After feeling so happy yesterday on weigh-in day that I'd finally dropped 1 kilo (2.2 pounds) the scales now tell me that I've gained it all back :(

I know I should exercise more than I do and the Lord knows I'm not drinking my 6-8 glasses of daily water, so perhaps I'd better get re focused on why I wanted to lose this weight in the first place.
I need to make time to meditate on the subject.

gee, I feel better just airing it already.
Dolly

Postby Maraver » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:20 pm

Sorry Dolly I missed this post, it must be hard with this thyroid problem you have, you always come across so motivated, keep smiling and you will get there you have an amazing attitude to life
Hugs
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Fairie » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:50 pm

I too missed this post Dolly, like Pam said you always seem so motivated and are always there with support when we need it.

You make our weight problems seem so small, I don't know how you stay focused and don't just give in.

You amaze me :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:17 pm

Thanks girls you're the best!
Dolly

self doubt

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:37 pm

Hi peeps sorry i havent been in over thr last few days just been down . Yesterday was the exs birthday and today was my dads b day whom i lost when i was 15 .

Yesterday was so bad i think i slept for prob most of the day . got up at 8am but was feeling really down so went back at 11am and slept till 6.30pm then stay up till 11pm and went back . I guess evrything get on yop of you at some stage .

While having my major down period i then thought of uni and how if i cant keep my life on an even keel how am i supposed to get through the next 4 years of hard slog . I am filled with so much self doubt its like " oh censored what have i done ",How will i handle it . I know ppl will say "its ok u will get through it . At this stage im not so sure . Maybe its just becuase of the 2 rough days emotionally i have had i dont know

Sorry for rambling girls but maybe once its on paper (or puter ) i might feel different
anyways thanks for lending your ears
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Fairie » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:02 pm

Hi Jules,

The anniversary of your dads birthday is a very emotional time for you (as well as the ex's) so don't be so hard on yourself.

This is not the time to be thinking about whether you will cope with being at Uni. Maybe being at Uni will help you to cope with this, have faith in yourself.

Sending you Hugs. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:59 pm

Jules, big hugs being sent your way.
All you can do is live one day at a time.
one step at a time.
love
Dolly
Dolly

Return to Lifestyle Talk