It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:09 am

Free Newsletter

How do you juggle life

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

How do you juggle life

Postby cynara » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:03 pm

How do you make yourself make time for healthy food planning and exercise.

I work full time and live with my partner, I am in charge of cooking dinner everynight and most housework (either that or it doesn't get done). I have a very high stress level job and when I get home just want to crash out on the lounge.

How do I overcome this late arvo exhaustion and get myself motivated for a gruelling workout. Tips and advice needed!!

Postby Fairie » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:00 am

My husband and I run our own business and I have a small business making & selling Aromatherapy products too so by dinner time I'm exhausted.

I have to be organized and know what I'm having early or I will just pig out on anything. :oops: My husband (Gerry) is very good he helps cook and clean up afterwards which helps a lot.

Try planning your meals on the weekend and freeze them and have a few already in the fridge so that you just have to make a salad when you get home.

I'm still trying to get into a routine for my walking but I'm hoping with better weather and earlier and later light will help. :D

Postby Bec » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:10 am

I work 24 hours a week my husband works afternoon shift and we have three kids. It's really important to share the work load so we both get some time to ourselves. Even if it means designating tasks to your partner, just one or two to start with. Try and look at housework as excersice, vaccuming and mopping are quite a good workout and if possible walk some of the way to work.

Return to Lifestyle Talk