It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Free Newsletter

Weightloss Forum Bios

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Weightloss Forum Bios

Postby big_love » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:48 am

Name: Tammy
Username: big_love
Birthday: 16.04.86
Anniversary: 06.04
Marital Status: defacto
Children: 1 big one...lol, none yet
Pets: 1 dog, 5 pups
What Country/State do you live in: Aus, NSW
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Work at a Newspaper as an Advertising Manager
Favorite "Me Time" activity: Reading, cooking, learning
Favorite mode of exercise: WATP
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: yes
How long since you were last slim: never!
What food plan are you on at the moment? Weight Watchers
What can we do to help you on your journey? keep coming with the encouragment and your own successes...other peoples success motivates me :)
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Just do it..don't think about it, dont procrastinate and censored and moan...just do it! (I have to scream this at myself everyday!)
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? Saw the whale in my reflection..also saw an ep of medical show with hugely obese man and don't ever want to be like that!
What do you like best about yourself? My eyes
State one goal that you will strive for: to lose 20 kilos by my sisters wedding in October
140/117/85
big_love

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:49 am

Name: Ali
Username: EvilWombatQueen
Birthday: 04/04
Anniversary: 07/06 (I think!)
Marital Status: defacto
Children: None
Pets: One very large ginger moggy (a.k.a 'the furry lardy land whale', or 'the catapotamus')
What Country/State do you live in: Australia, Victoria
Work: Doing my PhD and working as a freelance multimedia designer
Favorite "Me Time" activity: Playing Sims 2!
Favorite mode of exercise: Running and walking
How long since you were last slim: nearly 10 years
What food plan are you on at the moment? Calorie counting and soy protein shakes
What can we do to help you on your journey? Be great role models and offer helpful advice and tips!
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Slow and steady wins the race. Time goes past regardless of what you do so it's up to you if you want to spend that time getting healthier or spend it staying the same. What do you want to look and feel like in five years time?
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? Photos from my sister's wedding.
What do you like best about yourself? My brain... oh and my tits. ;)
State one goal that you will strive for: to weigh less than 68kg but the end of the year
EvilWombatQueen

Postby JL77 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:27 pm

Name:
Username:
Birthday:
Anniversary:
Marital Status:
Children:
Pets:
What Country/State do you live in: SYDNEY / AUSTRALIA
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): WORK

Favorite "Me Time" activity: INTERNET
Favorite mode of exercise: NETBALL
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: NO
How long since you were last slim: ABOUT 2001

What food plan are you on at the moment? JUST TRYING TO EAT HEALTHY AND EXCERISE MORE
What can we do to help you on your journey? JUST REMAIN SUPPORTIVE AND GIVE OUT HONEST ADVICE
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? TO TAKE EVERY DAY AS IT COMES. ITS A LEARNING CURVE
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? MY TUMMY IS PRETTY BIG

What do you like best about yourself? MY SMILE
State one goal that you will strive for: TO BE BACK IN MY 70'S
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby Rustie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:39 pm

I dont know if i ever replyed to this so im doing it now.

Name: Sam (Sammie)
Username: Rustie
Birthday: 12 Feb 1985
Anniversary:
Marital Status: Defacto
Children: 2 Annie and Ayden (7 &3) and 3 Step kids ( Dylan, Kaiden, Caleb ( 15,7,5)
Pets: Ella (dog)
What Country/State do you live in: Perth Australia
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): I now work at a flower place. But i used to be a stay at home mum.

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Sleeping
Favorite mode of exercise: None At present
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: Yes Sony mp3
How long since you were last slim: 7 years ago

What food plan are you on at the moment? The see food and eat it diet.
What can we do to help you on your journey? Just being you and being honest
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Believe in yourself
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? Seeing myself in the mirror.

What do you like best about yourself?
State one goal that you will strive for:

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby Jane85 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:08 pm

Name: Jane
Username: Jane85
Birthday: december 11
Marital Status: Singular
Children: None of my own, but I live with my baby nephew who is one this month :)
Pets: a puddy cat
What Country/State do you live in: WA
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Data ent clerk, for a meat pie factory :(

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Having a spa & sauna after a big gym sesh, or reading a trashy magazine
Favorite mode of exercise: group fitness classes - especially body combat
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: nope
How long since you were last slim: I have never been slim as such

What food plan are you on at the moment? calorie counting
What can we do to help you on your journey? Just support and encouragement - I hope I can offer that to you guys too.
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Tell people what you are doing - become accountable to people other than yourself, find excercise you enjoy and be persistent. The transformation isn't gunna be complete in a week, but if you just keep at it, slowly you will notice a difference, and it feels amazing.
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? 6 family members on one side of my family have been diagnosed with cancer in the last couple of yrs...being overweight increases my risk again, so I want to lose the extra weight to lower my risk.

What do you like best about yourself? I can't think of anything really at the moment...how bad is that...I am proud of the company I keep though, my circle of friends have been really supportive since I began my new lifestyle.
State one goal that you will strive for: To be able to borrow/steal my sisters clothes (size 10ish i think) she has some pretty cool stuff :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEuhBwI/]
[/url]
Jane85

Postby kittykat84 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:42 pm

Name: Katie
Username: Kittykat84
Birthday: 14/01/86
Anniversary: Wedding Anniversary? 08/12/07
Marital Status: Married
Children: None
Pets: One beautiful Russian Blue
What Country/State do you live in: Australia, South Australia
Work: Registered Nurse
Favorite "Me Time" activity: giving myself a facial
Favorite mode of exercise: Classes at the gym
How long since you were last slim: Around 5 years
What food plan are you on at the moment? No plan really, just eating well and exercising lots.
What can we do to help you on your journey? Encourage me to keep at it!
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Think before you eat. Would you really feel good after eating that bag of lollies/chips/chocolate etc or would you feel good if you had the willpower to say no?
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? Photos from Christmas and my honeymoon
What do you like best about yourself? My caring nature.
State one goal that you will strive for: To raise a family the best way I can and to establish a good career
kittykat84

Postby Searching501 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:47 pm

Username: Searching501
Birthday: 4/8/83
Marital Status: In a relationship
Children: none
Pets: 1 beautiful kittycat
What Country/State do you live in: SA
Work: receptionist/nursing student

Favorite "Me Time" activity: having a glass of wine and watching tv/surfing the internet/taking a bath with incense and candles.
Favorite mode of exercise: step
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: no
How long since you were last slim: a little over 2 years

What food plan are you on at the moment? the "trying to lose weight without obsessing/cutting out too much/lifestyle approach"
What can we do to help you on your journey? support and encourage me.
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? 1 chocolate bar, doesn't ruin everything!
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? Gaining 5 KG (in just a few months time) more than my highest weight ever, after going back to uni this year.

What do you like best about yourself? hard one..... ummm my eyes i guess.
State one goal that you will strive for: to keep at it no matter what happens or how long it takes.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWYaMHk/]
[/url]
Searching501

Postby BeyondBeauty » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:01 pm

Username: BeyondBeauty
Birthday: December 2
Marital Status: Single :-(
Children: Nil
Pets: 1 dog (moodle)
What Country/State do you live in: New South Wales, Australia
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Work!

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Gym and/or internet
Favorite mode of exercise: Gym in the equipment room - treadmill, bike, weights, etc
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: Negative, ghostrider.
How long since you were last slim: I've never been slim, I can't wait to see how it feels.

What food plan are you on at the moment? My own - I've posted it in the diet forum, please critique!
What can we do to help you on your journey? By sharing your knowledge and experience, and supporting me throughout this lifestyle change!
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? My favourite quote, "To believe you can, is everything".
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? I'm on the downhill slope to 30, I've been single for 5 years and whilst I'm very happy for all of my friends who are married or getting married and who have babies or are having babies, I'd really like to have my chance at that rather than just cheering them on from the sidelines.

What do you like best about yourself? Phyically, my eyes - overall, my bubbly caring personality.
State one goal that you will strive for: complete success!
Progress to first mini-goal, deadline: 30 December 2008!
To believe you can, is everything.
BeyondBeauty

Postby Freddy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:51 am

Name: Freddy
Birthday: April 28th, 1982
Children: 1 Daughter
Pets: None, the above turned out to be allergic to budgerigar...
What Country/State do you live in: Netherlands
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Tech Support Engineer

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Surfing the web
Favorite mode of exercise: Bike commuting
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: Pedometer, fixed to the bike
How long since you were last slim: Never... ever...

What food plan are you on at the moment? Just DIYing a bit
What can we do to help you on your journey? Supporting, sharing knowledge.
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? A view in the mirror, the fact that clothes just don't fit, or just can't find any clothes I like that are actually available in my size.

What do you like best about yourself? My feet
State one goal that you will strive for: Good health
Freddy

Postby Tarz » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:33 am

Name: Tara
Username: Tarz
Birthday: 26 August 86
Anniversary: of what?
Marital Status: Engaged
Children: 0
Pets: 1 cat - Marz
What Country/State do you live in: Sydney, NSW
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): work - currently office admin with a day out as a sales rep but by March hopefully a full time sales rep with a snazzy new car :mrgreen:

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Sleeping in in the mornings, nothing beats lying in bed without having to get up for anything.
Favorite mode of exercise: team sports like hockey or netball
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: neither
How long since you were last slim: well the last time i weighed this i think i was 14.

What food plan are you on at the moment? the eat healthy plan
What can we do to help you on your journey? for people to be there when i fall
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? To succeed you have to want it, you have teach yourself and you have to work for it. There are no quick fixes that will last.
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? A collection of things that happened around the same time.

What do you like best about yourself? I would swap my eyes for anything, they are blue and i love them....ummm i have never had issues with my stomach, its always been pretty flat.
State one goal that you will strive for: To look hawt on my wedding day! And be able to wear a bikini without shorts when we honeymoon in Thailand.
Tarz

Postby mum2james » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:47 am

Name: Stacey
Username: mum2james
Birthday: 28/08/1986
Children: 2 year old son, James.
Pets: Tabby cat, Kiara.
What Country/State do you live in: Geelong, Vic
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Stay at home mum.

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Entering competitions, scrapbooking, cross stitch, painting and surfing the net.Favorite mode of exercise: Jogging.
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: No.
How long since you were last slim: About 2 and half years.

What food plan are you on at the moment? WeightWatchers.
What can we do to help you on your journey? Support from other people who are trying to lose weight.
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Believe in yourself.
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? Looking in the mirror and feeling repulsed.
What do you like best about yourself? I'm an easy going mum. I love to just run around and be silly with my son and that's created a close bond between us.
State one goal that you will strive for: To be 70kgs by the end of the year.
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Postby lilmissfatso » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:26 pm

Name: Rachael
Username: lilmissfatso
Birthday: 31/10/78
Children: Nope
Pets: 4 cats, 1 dog
What Country/State do you live in: Tasmania
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Work

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Film buff, reading, walking the dog, snuggling in the sun with the cats, a nice galss of gin :)
Favorite mode of exercise: walking the dog
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: yes, but I don't use it
How long since you were last slim: I was probably 4

What food plan are you on at the moment? WW points - the only thing that has ever worked for me.
What can we do to help you on your journey? Peace, love and understanding lol
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Be honest with yourself
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? I got happy again, feel in love again and now I want to make sure that I am healthy, happy and beautiful so that my man and I can live long happy lives together. I also have suffered from PCOS badly since I was 14 and need a break, hoping the weight loss will help. (oh and I kind of want to stick it to my ex-fiance and his entire family for constantly hounding me about my weight :twisted: )

What do you like best about yourself? My eyes, my brain and that I know I have potential to be one hot mama!
State one goal that you will strive for: To look good naked ;)
Heaviest: 117kg (06) - got to 105kg
Oct 08 SW: 108.7
Mini Goal 1: 105kg on my 30th - done

Mini Goal 2: Under 100 before xmas

lilmissfatso

Postby mindy32 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:10 pm

Name: Belinda
Username: mindy32
Birthday: 03/10/86
Marital Status: In a relationship (The boyfriend is in the army, interstate atm)
Children: Not yet
Pets: None
What Country/State do you live in: Victoria (to be Brisbane late next year!)
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Work at a hotel, and studying at Uni

Favorite "Me Time" activity: I love baths when im stressed and want to relax, and i love scrapbooking and photography!
Favorite mode of exercise: exercise bike
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: did, but its broken.
How long since you were last slim: Never

What food plan are you on at the moment? None as such, just trying healthier eating and more exercise
What can we do to help you on your journey? I talk about absolutely anything and find it really helpful talking to others about weightloss, everyone's so supportive!
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Never give up
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? My year 12 formal photos. I lost 20kg after that over the space of a couple of years but lately have put back on 4kg, so now im here to loose that and a bit more!

What do you like best about yourself? My honesty, and physically my eyes and my legs are alright.
State one goal that you will strive for: I really want to wear a summer dress that doesnt have sleeves and feel good! (The last time i wore a dress that didnt cover at least the top half of my arms, or have a jacket on over it, was a year ago). I always always wear a little jacket over dresses because i just hate my arms. So this summer, and especially next year at my mums wedding i want to be able to wear dresses with no sleeves and no jacket and feel like i look ok!!
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby Shalimar » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:15 am

Name: Sue
Username: Shalimar
Birthday: 25-06-70
Anniversary: 16-01-93- shocking I know but I always get confused on this one as my folks anniversary is the 10-01
Children: 1 son
Pets: 2 dogs and some tropical fish
What Country/State do you live in: SA
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Stay at home Mum
Favourite "Me Time" activity: Pulling out my French Perfume collection and having a good old fashion sniff-a-thon
Favourite mode of exercise: walkie walkies
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: no
How long since you were last slim: as a child
What food plan are you on at the moment? my own, count calories and fat and exercise
What can we do to help you on your journey? keep up the support and keep posting your own achievements
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Do it for YOU and YOU alone
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? A bit weird I know but I had this fear of me needing surgery one day and me being too fat for them to be able to do it
What do you like best about yourself? ahem, my boobs :P
State one goal that you will strive for: 100kgs. by Christmas

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby whit3tig3y » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:22 pm

Name: Amy
Username: whit3tig3y
Birthday: 15-04-1988
Children: When me and my partner get married, 4 step daughters and 1 step son
Pets: 5 cats (Tabitha, Syra, Squeeky, Zhore, Kinki), 1 dog (Patch), 4 birds (Alpha, Bliss, Cloud & Skye)
What Country/State do you live in: VIC
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Service admin
Favourite "Me Time" activity: Playing guitar or piano, or doing some sewing :)
Favourite mode of exercise: Walking
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: Yeah I have 3 that i never use lol
How long since you were last slim: Never have been....
What food plan are you on at the moment? Eat well and exercise
What can we do to help you on your journey? Keep listening to my antics and post your own for me to sink my teeth into :)
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? The big mac you just ate isn't the real problem, the real problem is the chocolate and icecream you eat afterwards because you feel guilty....
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? My doctor said I might have high blood pressure
What do you like best about yourself? Everyone says I have nice boobs? Or my eyes they're a really rich blue
State one goal that you will strive for: To lose enough weight to make all my family go "wow" when I visit them next :)
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle Talk