It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:21 am

Free Newsletter

Weightloss Forum Bios

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby SarahC » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:02 pm

Name: Sarah
Username: SarahC
Birthday: 12 May
Anniversary: ?
Marital Status: Single
Children: No
Pets: Cat, called Smooch, lives at my parents' place :-)
What Country/State do you live in: VIC
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Work, full-time

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Sleep!!
Favorite mode of exercise: Running
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: Sure do!
How long since you were last slim: A few years ago... lasted for about a month :(

What food plan are you on at the moment? Eating less in general... especially cutting back on bread/toast and trying to stop overeating at night.
What can we do to help you on your journey? Giving and receiving support... it's all good :)
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Don't give up!
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? I can't fit into my jeans anymore :shock: Also, this is the n'th time I have put on weight then lost it again... and so sick of it!

What do you like best about yourself? Not sure... I'm just a nice person in general :)
State one goal that you will strive for: Get back to 49kgs by November... and stay there!
SarahC

Postby Ally » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:54 am

Name: Alitia
Username: Ally
Birthday: 16 July 1974
Anniversary: 25 June 2004
Marital Status: Married (very happily
Children:4 - Deborah 11, Felicity 9, Christopher & Abigail 7
Pets: 2 dogs (1 silky, 1 staffy/boxer), 1 part persian cat, 3 quarrions (I breed and hand rear them), 1 rooster, 8 hens, 2 goats named Emmy and Chelsea
What Country/State do you live in: Queensland, Australia
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): SAHP (and proud of it!!)

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Don't get much of that, but love reading
Favorite mode of exercise: Walking and swimming
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: No
How long since you were last slim: Have never been slim always been a fatty

What food plan are you on at the moment? Weigh Less Naturally
What can we do to help you on your journey? Encouragement, Support and a general kick in the pants when I am down!! LOL
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Just keep trying, never give up and go back to your old eating habits (spoken by someone who has been there).
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? Borderline high blood pressure and just looking completely gross

What do you like best about yourself? my sense of humour
State one goal that you will strive for: To see this through to the very end. To make it to 60 kgs
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:11 pm

precisely what is a quarrion?? :?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ally » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:15 pm

Hi Tegan, A quarrion is the other name for a cockatiel (bird). I have one breeding pair (but they are still our pets) and the other one is the last bird of the their first litter. We thought she was a he as she has the most beautiful whistle (only the males are supposed to do that) and then one morning we found eggs in the bottom of the cage!!

Anyway sorry for rambliing...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:14 pm

Name: kate
Username:kate_turner2000
Birthday: 23rd april
Anniversary: 9th april
Marital Status: engaged for 2 years
Children: 1- 8 month old Heidi
Pets: none
What Country/State do you live in: nsw australia
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): child care worker but currently on maternity leave

Favorite "Me Time" activity: bubble bath!!
Favorite mode of exercise: walking
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer:yes but it was shonky
How long since you were last slim: never have been

What food plan are you on at the moment? just eating healthy cutting out junk
What can we do to help you on your journey? support, sharing your journey with me!
What advice can you give someone else on the journey?keep your chin up, we are all in this together, it will be worth it in the end.
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? photos of myself

What do you like best about yourself? hmmm... im knowledgable
State one goal that you will strive for: to reach 70 kilos happily :)
kate_turner2000

Bio

Postby Dxenion » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:06 am

Name: Danni
Username: Dxenion
Birthday: 07 May
Children: No
Pets: 3 German Shepherds
What Country/State do you live in: ACT (just outside of)
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Work

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Watching a DVD marathon of Stargate SG1
Favorite mode of exercise: Walking
How long since you were last slim: Teenager

What food plan are you on at the moment? Kickstart Soup diet (last day thank gosh - no more celery yay!), then onto TheBiggestLoser.com 5 day starter diet. Also started taking Reductil.

What can we do to help you on your journey? Support, motivation, someone to share the torture with.
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? You are NOT alone.
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? Watching a home video of me with my 9 week old German Shepherd pup (he'll be 12 in Oct) and realising that I'm still obese.

What do you like best about yourself? If a friend needs me, I'll be there
State one goal that you will strive for: To find a way through my cravings for bread and cheese.
Dxenion

Postby Garfield » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:35 am

Name: Tamara
Username: Garfield
Birthday: 13-8-87
Anniversary: -
Marital Status: in a relationship
Children: yuck
Pets: kind of... I have a cat and a dog that live with my mum... I had to move for uni this year.
What Country/State do you live in: ACT
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): student

Favorite "Me Time" activity: hmmm.... dunno
Favorite mode of exercise: aerobics
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: no, thinking of getting one
How long since you were last slim: I am... hooray!

What food plan are you on at the moment? trying to eat more green stuff and less chocolate stuff
What can we do to help you on your journey? just be encouraging
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? exercise is good
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? split my favourite pants *again*. I've just given up on them now and concluded I'm too big for them. The rest of my pants are getting kind of tight too...

What do you like best about yourself? my newly found ability to just chill out and not stress about stuff that doesn't really matter
State one goal that you will strive for: making my new relationship work.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Puffer » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:54 am

Name: Christina
Username: Puffer
Birthday: 13 Feb 1986
Anniversary: 02 May (2001)
Marital Status: de facto
Children: not for a good few years yet
Pets: Saltwater fish
What Country/State do you live in: ACT
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): student and work part time

Favorite "Me Time" activity: reading fantasy novels
Favorite mode of exercise: horse riding
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: nope
How long since you were last slim: Early 2004 before starting uni

What food plan are you on at the moment? Counting kilojoules using calorie king software, trying to do 45min exercise 3 times a week

What can we do to help you on your journey? Just having some sympathetic ears and people who *know* not eating sticky date pudding is a big triumph is great :mrgreen:

What advice can you give someone else on the journey? become aware of what you are putting in your body - when you realise how energy dense some foods are you realise they just arn't worth it!

What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? I've always been 'serious' about it - I hate going out, never find anything to wear, have been known to cry after coming home from shopping and only finding one or two things in the 'normal' shops in my size. It has always been too hard though until I found the calorie king software which makes counting kilojoules almost... dare I say it... fun!

What do you like best about yourself? I swear to god I am not just copying Garfield here but I used to be very wound up about everything and have a very short temper, like my dad and my sister. I recently read 'dont sweat the small stuff... and its all small stuff' and I couldn't believe how much that book changed my life - it's amazing to realise that you can change your entire life simply by changing the way you think about it. I feel like my weight is the only thing in my life holding me back from 100% happiness.

State one goal that you will strive for: To always remember 'don't swear the small stuff'
Puffer

Postby kelstar » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:58 am

Name: Kelly
Username: Kelstar
Birthday: 01/10/82
Anniversary:
Marital Status: Live with scottish boyf David
Children:
Pets: new border collie pup arrives on Wed (unfortunately will be Dave's working dog
What Country/State do you live in: Nth Qld
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Both, I work on my farm

Favorite "Me Time" activity:Reading Magazines
Favorite mode of exercise: Rugby/weights
How long since you were last slim: When I left Scotland to come home about 4months ago and stopped playing rugby I was about 60kg now am 65kg

What food plan are you on at the moment? Fortunately we are over 200km from the nearest takeaway outlet so I am merely trying to cut down on carbs as I am a bit of a bread and pasta nut.
What can we do to help you on your journey? I just need someone to be responsible to so that I have to stick to my goals.
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Make exercise fun and become passionate about it, if you think about food in terms of how it can fuel your body you will find you'll rarely eat crap.
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? I am a jeans girl and I love clothes and they have started getting tight, the alarm bell is going off because I don't want to end up back at 84Kg which is where I started

What do you like best about yourself? Determination, when I put my mind to something there is usually not much that will stop me.
State one goal that you will strive for: To be 55kg and in a hot bikini swimming in our river on Christmas day
Attitude is Everything

[/url]
kelstar

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:10 pm

you will get to your goals in no time kelly :) keep up the great work and enjoy your new puppy doggy :)
kate_turner2000

Postby tanya » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:05 pm

Name: Tanya
Username: tanya
Birthday: 20/07/1985
Anniversary:
Marital Status: Defacto relationship.
Children: none yet
Pets:one dog (lolly)
What Country/State do you live in: SA Adelaide
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Student

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Sleeping
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: yep
How long since you were last slim: have never really been slim but was at my smallest when i was 14-15. now 21. i have gradually put on weight and now have been this size for about 2 yrs

What food plan are you on at the moment? i have just tried to cut out junk food and soft drink. i am now looking at doing the Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital Diet
What can we do to help you on your journey? kick my butt!
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? keep going and ask for support when you need it.
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? having no energy. not liking myself

What do you like best about yourself? my niceness
State one goal that you will strive for: to lose the weight that i want to.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby Mandie » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:48 pm

Name: Mandie
Username: Mandie (yeah I'm not too creative)
Birthday: 24/10/1983
Anniversary: -
Marital Status: Single-ish :)
Children: not yet but want some eventually
Pets:one cat
What Country/State do you live in: WA!
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Full time student/part time medical typist/part time volunteer for telephone counselling line

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Bubble bath! or reading
Favorite mode of exercise: Body Attack class, Body Pump class
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: nope
How long since you were last slim: lol uh. never! was always the fat kid!

What food plan are you on at the moment? just my own healthy eating plan. trying to cut down alcohol and fatty foods, using the calorie king software to monitor my calorie intake. oh and my Star Challenge - giving myself a Star on my calendar for a good day (under calorie limit and at least 30 min exercise)
What can we do to help you on your journey? Motivate me! Provide support and advice
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? slow and steady wins the race. It won't happen overnight, but if you focus on being healthy, the weight loss will follow.
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? learning about the risks of obesity in med school, having to discuss weight loss with patients and feeling like a hypocrite

What do you like best about yourself? hmm.. my optimism, my ability to stay calm and work through problems
State one goal that you will strive for: to be in the healthy weight range for my height!
Mandie

Postby fiona » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:07 pm

Name: Fiona
Username: Hey, thats Fiona too :lol:
Birthday: 7th of the 7th 1965
Anniversary: 23 Sep 1990
Marital Status: married
Children: 3. Michael 13, Elysia 11, Cassie 7
Pets: Cat (Roxy)
What Country/State do you live in: Lovely Vic.
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): I work 3 days a week, and do cleaning jobs once a fortnight.

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Reading fantasy and baths.
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: yep
How long since you were last slim: Slim, whats that?

What food plan are you on at the moment? Tony Ferguson when i can afford it and just watching what i put in my mouth!
What can we do to help you on your journey? Be there to support and guide when i go off the rails.
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? It went on slowly, its going to come off even slower, stick with it.
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? I was very unhappy with my body for years. In March 06 i decided to do something about it.

What do you like best about yourself? Ummmm I'll get back to you.
State one goal that you will strive for:to be the healthiest and fittest i can be, and hopefully have my hubby join me in my quest!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxsd9O/]
[/url]
fiona

Postby Kylie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:12 pm

Name: Kate
Username: Kylie
Birthday: Feb
Marital Status: Married
Children: None
Pets: None
What Country/State do you live in: Melb, VIC
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Nurse

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Surfing the net, bike riding, drinking, eating, dvds, movies!
Favorite mode of exercise: bike riding (rpm classes), swimming, walking
Do you have a pedometer/stepometer: Yes
How long since you were last slim: 15 years or so

What food plan are you on at the moment? My own
What can we do to help you on your journey? Encourage and support my journey
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? It will happen if you allow it and when you think and know you deserve this!
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? I woke up and I had no waist!

What do you like best about yourself? I now have a waist!
State one goal that you will strive for: To wear a singlet or a tight top instead of covering up al my fat with large clothes. To wear bathers without feeling terrible!
Kylie

Postby Darren » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:44 pm

Name: Darren
Username: Darren
Birthday: 07/12/66
Anniversary:
Marital Status: M
Children: 18 year old boy / girl twins, 13 year old girl
Pets: 1 x cat
What Country/State do you live in: W.A.
Work / SAHP (Stay At Home Person): Work, sales manager of road surfacing company.

Favorite "Me Time" activity: Vege gardening, afternoon naps (rare)
Favorite mode of exercise: Spinning
How long since you were last slim: 15 years

What food plan are you on at the moment? Sensible eating, no 2nd helpings, high fibre & unprocessed foods
What can we do to help you on your journey? Allready doing it, providing a forum
What advice can you give someone else on the journey? Self acceptance
What was your "wake up call" that led you to get serious about weight loss? High blood pressure

What do you like best about yourself? My sense of humour
State one goal that you will strive for: To look & feel healthy & vibrant
[/url]
Darren

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle Talk