It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Exercise OR Hang Out online

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Exercise OR Hang Out online

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:06 am

Somebody said something on here a few days ago (I think it was Kate) that really made me think. It was about excuses and how people often say they have no time for exercise but they can find time to post online about they have no time for exercise.

That really hit home for me...I can easily waste an hour or two in forums like this. So for the last few days I have made a new rule for myself...I can only go online after I've done my exercise for the day & prepared my healthy meals (and gone to work and done the dishes and done my volunteer work and all that crap)...if I still have time after that to come to the forums then I'll drop by.

Well...I haven't dropped in here for several days but I have done my exercise and prepared healthy meals on those days. So I think I'm doing the right thing even though it means I won't spend as much time here.

You're all still voices in my head when I need a bit of motivation or a helping hand to NOT eat that packet of chips :D

It's true...you can find time to exercise...you just have to be prepared to give something up...some TV watching or chatting on the phone or hanging out online...there's bound to be something you can give up to make room for exercise.
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:27 am

hey mary

yeah it was me *smiles with glee*

i agree you can find time to exercise. everyone can, they just need to prioritise their day to day activities. thats like dirnking water. if i dont finish my 2 litres of water at bedtime, then i dont go to bed until i have drank it all.

glad you have been doing well with your exercise mary, and its a great pact you made for yourself- not getting on the forums until you have achieved your days worth of exercise :)
kate_turner2000

Postby tiffanyp » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:58 am

Mary, Kate is a wise chooky!
I too had the lightning bolt when Kate said that it doesnt seem right that people complain about not having time to excercise but they can do the forum!

I too have only been popping in and out in-between meetings with work and not going on line at home.

I have been flat out! And, I think my incidental excercise has increased!!!

I got home from work last night at 6.30pm, fed the kids and myself, tidied up then cooked biscuits for my son (he is allergic to nuts so I have to bake myself so I know what goes in it!) then I did the sweeping, watered the garden, bathed the kids (all at once!) then went to bed at about 10.30pm.

I never sat down!

Good work on your lifestyle changes Mary. You will get to your goal in no time....

Small changes and a positive attitude is all it takes!!
tiffanyp

Postby Lolly » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:35 pm

That comment affected me too - thanks Kate :D

I now don't come on here of an afternoon unless I have done my exercise for the day as well.

Generally when I finish work at 5pm, I race home, put on my togs and head off to the pool now - looks like my exercising challenge for the week will be easily met :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:22 pm

I thought it was guru Kate who inspired me...just couldn't find the words again to make sure...but they definitely stuck with me...I am doing pretty well this week...healthy eating and lots of exercise...not much time to spend in here but I carry your inspirational thoughts with me wherever I go ... along with my iPod :D
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby CrimsonThunder » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:04 pm

I wish I could half the time I'm on the Internet. I have so many responsibilities on the net. I know I should come first but I like doing what I do. :D
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby tiffanyp » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:06 am

Hey Tom, why dont you get one of those big excercise balls and sit on that infront of your computer bouncing up and down. It is great excercise for tummy, legs and back!!!
That way you can multi-task!!!!

:P
Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:18 am

That is very true. I think that if something is important enough to you, then you will ALWAYS be able to find the time for it. It's all about prioritisation (LOL can't spell :oops: ).
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:43 am

Ahhh it's made me realise how lucky I am to be addicted to exercise!!! I never thought it would happen to me but since the first time I set foot in a gym 16 months ago, I was hooked!! Exercise is one of my top priorities now, I get sooo cranky if I don't get it!! So like Sarah said, it's all about prioritisation (I think you got it right, Sarah :P)!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby CrimsonThunder » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:00 pm

tiffanyp wrote:Hey Tom, why dont you get one of those big excercise balls and sit on that infront of your computer bouncing up and down. It is great excercise for tummy, legs and back!!!
That way you can multi-task!!!!

:P
Tiffany :D

Yeah I'm going to get one when I can find one. :)
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Return to Lifestyle Talk