501. That the outside would match the inside. I am not a joke. I am a person.
502. So when I fall down people will actually stop to help me up instead of laughing.
503. So my mom can stop telling me I dont have a man because Im so fat and realize that I dont have one because I have no desire for one now.
504. So I can wear spandex
505. There are lots of great reasons to lose weight, but the most important one I think is because you want to. And I do. Hope I can get there.
506. So if the airlines lose my luggage, I won't have to worry if there is a Lane Bryant in the area.
507. So I can walk down the street, eating an ice cream cone, and no one gives me a funny look.
508. So I can willingly pose for photos.
509. So my bra straps stop falling down
510. So the inner thigh portion of my jeans don't wear out before the rest of the pants
511. So that I can buy groceries for my very large family and not have the checkout girl look at me and think "No wonder she's fat!" (this actually happened today!)
512. So that I can talk to my teenagers about healthy eating and weight loss and be taken seriously.
513. To not have your co-workers trying to guess your bra size because you have the biggest boobs.
514. To be able to wear a strapless bra.
515. To actually be able to wear matching bras and panties.
516. Not waiting for everyone to go to bed so you can pig out and eat what you want without everyone watching you.
517. To be able to go to the beach without someone calling you a beached whale.
518. to be able to run and not jiggle or sound like a whole crowd of people clapping.
519. To be able to cross my legs again!!
520. To wear all of the cute and still in style clothes from my closet again...and permanently, not just until I gain weight again. I have so many cute Eddie Bauer shorts, tops, skirts, that I'd love to wear this summer...and I will, dangit.
521. Even though someone has already said this, to finally know what getting to goal weight feels like...so many diets and it's never happened to me.
522. so I can go snow tubing with my kids without being afraid that my tube is going to take flight because of how FAST I take off....right now, I won't do it at all....
523. To be able to sit in a booth and not have my stomach touch the table.
524. To be able to buy "just" a dress and not have to look for a top to go over it to hide the "butt"!
525. To know that when I dance with my husband he will be able to get his arms "all" the way around me.
526. So I will never have to "hike" up my pantyhose 'cause they "really" don't fit over the "butt"
527. To be able to wear my husband's suit coat around my shoulders if I get cold when we are out.
528. To look & feel graceful.
529. To once again be described as sophisticated.
530. To be able to buy the newest styles, designer clothes (besides Liz Claiborne) & in the color that is "hot" that season.
531. To buy a bathing suit that doesn't have a bullet-proof bra sewn in.
532. To make my husband realize I could have chosen anyone, but I will always choose him.
533. To have knuckles & not dimples on the back of my hands.
534. Feeling like I can accomplish anything I want and to not let my weight get in the way.
535. to be healthy again so that I can keep up with my husband who is 18 years my junior
536. so i can look good in a swimsuit again
537. so i can by a swimsuit again that doesnt look like you could make a sail out of it
538. to make my ex realize what he gave up
539. so i can be proud of me
540. shorts and summer--need i say more
541. so i can have only one chin and see hips,ribs,collarbones
542. so i can play with my kids instead of just watching
543. For me to feel good about myself.
544. To get rid of the spare tire for the drs volswegan! (this has haunted me since teen years)
545. To have my husband able to put his arms around me without me sucking in my breathe!
546. Not to be asked when the baby is due!
547. And to keep the support and this list going. Love all, Keep up the good work. This is a great inspriation to me.
548. To be able to buy decent looking workout clothes.
549. Be able to sky dive with my boyfriend
550. To be able play volleyball again and not worry about the thud you hear when I hit the floor diving for the ball.
551. To be able to shop in Victoria's Secret for the first time for MYSELF and not my best friend.
552. To watch my 2 beautiful god-sons grown up and be able to play what they want to play now that I finally can fit into their forts and keep up in their games.
553. To really believe my boyfriend when he says "You are a goddess!"
554. To go clubbing with my best friend and know that the boys are staring at me too
555. So my Dad will finally stop making comments about how loosing wieght is easier now than it is 10 years from now.
556. So Dad will stop clipping stories and taping them to my door or places where I will see them
557. So my brother will finally say "My sister is cute!" rather than "My sister is fat!"
558. To not to automatically given the front seat of the car when going out with friends.
559. To belive my boyfriend when he tells me I'm beautiful.
560. To feel more adventurous when having censored.
561. To not have people say how nice and 'motherly' I am! I'm 25yrs old for heaven's sake! I want to be sexy not motherly!!!
562. To be able to wear a garter belt and thigh high stockings
563. Have my husband pick me up and carry me.
564. To be able to go down the slide with my daughter.
565. To be able to order dessert on the rare occasion out without wondering how many calories or feeling guilty about breaking my diet.
566. So your shirts, jackets, and dresses will stay on the hanger. I either need smaller clothes or bigger hangers. LOL!
567. When someone says I saw a pretty dress today but they didn't have one in your size they mean not small enough instead of not big enough.
568. So I can buy clothes that actually fit.
569. So I donâ€™t always have to order the â€œgrilled chickenâ€ when I go out.
570. To not have to stay home just to eat with no one watching.
571. When I see Celine Dion or Britney Spears on T.V. instead of saying, â€œI want to look like that.â€ I can say, â€œYeah I look like that.â€
572. (To use a great quote) So you can â€œlive like thereâ€™s no tomorrow, love like itâ€™s never going to hurt, and dance like no one is watching.â€
573. So I can use my energy for other things, instead of being preoccupied with my weight.
574. So I donâ€™t have think, â€œ I bet that they would like me more if I was thinner.â€
575. So i don't always fall asleep from exhaustion before my hubby and my kids!
576. So I'll finallly stop playing "spot a person fatter than me" everytime I go out, and Always lose!
577. So people won't think I'm just being bitter when I say that I really don't think Callista Flockhart is pretty
578. To wear my husband's shirt and have it be too big.
579. To stop always being the photographer to avoid being in the photos.
580. To know that my outself really is a reflection of my innerself.
581. To be comfortable climbing the cliff paths on the Amalfi Coast of Italy.
582. To know that no matter what goes wrong in my life it is in no way related to my weight
583. To feel attractive again.
584. To be a good role model for my 3 yr old daughter, in regards to showing her healthy eating habits.
585. To honestly love drinking water in place of any other beverage.
586. To not have swollen feet and ankles anymore!!
587. To not worry about having a heart attack.
588. To catch a glimps of myself in the mirror and say wow thats me not bad.
589. To live the rest of my life in a slim state of mind.
590. So I don't have to shop at any store that has the word plus after its name. (like fashion bug plus)
591. To be able to hop in and out of sportscar effortlessly.
592. Ah! To wear a tank top again!
593. So I don't have to wear tshirts and jeans for the rest of my life.
594. To get rid of back pain.
595. So I can get into all yoga positions with out my belly being in the way.
596. To be able to FIND work out clothes.
597. To make the most of my 20s.
598. So that I'm not the "biggest mom" in my son's kindergarten class.
599. So I can stop spending extra money on clothes that are plus sizes.
600. So I can shave my legs comfortably again.
601. to stop being always so sick and tired.
602. How may good designers do you know that make a size 24?
603. To stop secretly thinking about my weight 24-7 and then telling all my friends "it's not really an issue with me"
604. To wear a sexy swimsuit
605. Look like I fit in with all my city friends
606. To not have my butt, hips and back ache at work because I'm too fat (I have a desk job)
607. To have my boyfriend try to pick me up and not worry about his nuts hitting the floor!!!
608. To not have ANYONE recognize me at my next high school reunion.
609. To not look like I've given birth 7 or 8 times when I don't even have kids yet!!!!
610. To be healthy when I finally do!!!
611. To be able to take a shower without getting out of breath washing my butt!
612. To not have my dad look at me like he's scared I'm going to die way before him anymore... (He was heavy too when he was younger, that changed later on in life and much more after his heart attack)
613. To not be put on a restrictive diet by force AFTER a heart attack
614. To not wind up diabetic like everyone else on my dad's side of the family (including my dad)
615. To be able to play softball/baseball with my boyfriend and not be sweaty and out of breath just playing catch.
616. To be able to squat and not lose my balance playing catcher!!!!
617. To no longer have food be my waking, sleeping and just about every other thought
618. To not have to give excuses like I hurt my back or knee when I move (I'm moving soon) because I'm just too fat and get out of breath all the time.
619. To be able to wipe from front to back like they say you're supposed to.
620. To be able to squeeze into small spaces to get out of the rain really quick
621. To see my wristbones and collarbones
622. To not wake up with my feet hurting
623. To NEVER have to come up with another reason WHY I WANT TO WEIGHT!!!!
624. To be able to wear something sexy for my boyfriend and not think he's lying to me when he says he likes it
625. To have my boobs be the only thing that sticks out from my body besides my feet!
626. To not just look like a really fat guy anymore cuz I don't have the typical fat chick boob overload (C cup only!!! barely!)
627. To not have the chafing *under* my boobs because I can't find a bra that fits right anymore!
628. To not have to go "safari bra hunting" for a DDD and above!
629. To actually *enjoy* being seen in a swimsuit, instead of psyching myself out to think I don't look that bad.
630. To not have to feel I need to avoid the internet personal ads where I guy specifically mentions he wants a slim/slender/fit/athletic woman (about 95% of all of them do, btw).
631. To not feel as though I must *settle* for a man who also has a weight problem, when what I need is someone who will help motivate me to do better (not threaten to leave if I don't succeeed).
632. So that I can feel energized, and do all of the things I want everyday, including house chores, rather than finding myself lying like a slug and watching TV every evening.
633. So that when I ask friends if they know any nice single guys, they won't always say "no".
634. So that people will start to take me seriously about things other than computers and quilting.
635. So that I won't fall prey to the curse of becoming the "crazy lady with the cats"!
636. So that I can go back into Tae Kwon Do, not feel embarrassed, and actually do the jumps, leaps, etc. for the higher ranking belt lessons
637. So that I'm more concerned about what *I* think rather than worrying about what others think of me.
638. So that I don't constantly feel like I have to fall all over myself doing things for others, just to give them a reason to like me.
639. So that I can wear jeans again, instead of stretch pants with stirrups!
640. So that I can wear shorts/pants without a drawstring!
641. So I never have to hear again...."You're a beautiful woman, BUT....."
642. So I don't take it personally anymore when I hear radio morning shows and comedians making fun of Rosie O'Donnell, Oprah Winfrey, etc.
643. So that I can one day have children, and not worry about getting gestational diabetes, etc.
644. So that I can accept an invitation to go skiing and not be afraid I'll kill myself on the way down.
645. So that I actually *enjoy* going clothes shopping!
646. So that when I go out with my thinner girlfriends, I actually meet more men than they do!
647. So that I can really audition as the singer for a local band and feel like they're really listening to me!
648. So my feet don't bulge out of all the cute shoes, especially sandals.
649. So the emergency personnel could actually lift me without effort should the need every arise (hopefully it won't!).
650. So that when I take the stairs at work with a coworker, I don't have to return quickly to my office so I can pant a lot and catch my breath.
651. so I will look as good from the back and sides as I think I look from the front.
652. So I can wear jeans again without the crotch cutting off circulation.
653. So I won't feel so defensive and personally insulted when others ridicule "fatties" in my presence. To be able to voice my disapproval of their shallowness, without fearing that they'll attribute my views to my own weight problem.
654. To be able to actually run again.
655. To be able to climb hills without needing a hand-up or being out of breath when all around me seem to have no trouble doing it.
656. Most of all, to feel sexy again! To enjoy admiring glances from the opposite censored again, especially the ones from my dear husband.
657. To feel free and proud to walk to or from my bed naked while hubby is watching with a look of approval or excitement on his face! (not to have to drape myself in a towel or robe so he doesn't get a really good look from all directions.)
658. To be able to enjoy travelling to the tropical locations I'd love to visit, instead of postponing it "until I'm in shape" because I dread the body exposure and inevitable comparisons that entails.
659. To know that I am doing something to substantially improve my health so I will have the best chance at being active and productive in my later years, instead of dealing with a series of health issues and regrets.
660. To be able to fulfill my part of the vow hubby and I have repeatedly made to keep up the great censored until we're at least 95!!!
661. To quit asking my husband, "Am I fatter than her?"
662. This has been said before, but to quit thinking about my weight and food all the time.
663. To be able to order dessert without feeling like people are looking at me and saying to themselves, "she doesn't need that"
664. To be able to eat breakfast in the car when I'm stuck in traffic without feeling like the person in the car next to me is disgusted by the fat lady in the car next to them that can't even go one second without cramming something in her mouth.
665. To be able to get into a seat on a plane or amusement ride without having to worry if the belt is going to fit me.
666. To have your accomplishments and life looked at, and stop just being "the fat sister"
667. To not hear that SLAPPING sound when you have censored. UGH!
668. To live in a college town and not feel woefully undervalued everytime you try to go anywhere.
669. To pick out a t-shirt for someone else and NOT have a salesperson tell you that you need a bigger size!
670. To never, ever, hear again, "Your pretty. In your own way."
671. to be able to go to a job interview and not have them think I'm lazy just because I'm fat
672. To be able to go to my husband's Marine funstions without feeling awful because everybody else there is so in shape.
673. To actually weigh less than my husband!!!
674. To not FEAR the "Little Black Dress"
675. To get my Tae Kwon Do black belt one day
676. To stop thinking every minute about my big body and what people are thinking of it.
677. To stop avoiding events, because I might run into someone I know who will be shocked at how much weight I've gained.
678. To be willing to look at my body in a mirror.
679. To be able to run without my stomach flapping and making that gross noise.
680. To have nothing stop me from my true love.
681. To share a (special dance in Ireland) when I have lost all my weight.
682. To win my mother in a race who is 26 years older than I am .
683. I want to get my belly button pierced.
684. I want to make love and feel just my man not all my rolls it's not very intimate.
685. I want my daughter to say my mommy has a litte tummy.
686. To wearing a form fitting wedding dress and sleveless.
687. To be a example to my daughter that I can do it and accomplish my hardest goal in my life
688. To be carried by a guy just once in a piggy back ride.
689. To Dance and not be ashamed of what I look like.
690. to be daring and adventurous , bungee jumping, cliff diving parachuting. hell I would settle for being able to go white water rafting or hiking for a day and not fear and antcipate knowing ur going to be gasping for air and ur feet are goingto be on fire in the first 5 min.
691. To actually be littler than my big brother.
692. To turning 27, 200pounds less than I am at 25
693. To be asked to dance .
694. To have censored appeal
695. To be able to be who I am truly inside that know one know besides me , because she is covered in 345+ body . I want out !!!!
696. So my husband can pick me up and carry me when if I twist my ankle, or lose a heel.
697. So people won't say "Are you expecting?" when I'm not and "I couldn't even tell you were pregnant!" when I'm in my 9th month.
698. So I don't have to pay $39 for thong!
699. So I can shave my legs in my cubicle shower, instead of having to do it in the tub.
700. So I can play softball again.
701. So I can look like someone in The Matrix, not The Nutty Professor 2 (the Klumps)!
702. To do all the things I am afraid to do now.
703. To exercise because it is fun.
704. To feel attractive and condfident when I meet a man.
705. To not look for shirts big enough to cover my butt(and knowing IT DOESN"T WORK!)
706. So I don't have to walk with my feet pointed out for balance.
707. So I don't WADDLE when I walk.
708. To not feel the need to find friends who are bigger than I am so I feel smaller.
709. To not be afraid that my DH will leave for someone skinnier.
710. To not hear cracks about Alaska Tent and Tarp.
711. To be skinnier than my little brother who used to make fun of me(he is now a tubby himself).
712. To not quote "Dang these are huge" when folding the laundry.
713. To get my next tattoo(on my belly)
714. To wear belly shirts.
715. to let my DH see what the scale says when I get on it.
716. To not be told that I have a pretty face.
717. To wear my watch again.
718. to run a 10 minute mile!
719. to KEEP shopping (finally) in the "normal side of the store"
720. when I lost 20 more lbs my dad is buying me a 500$ wardrobe!!!! That is REASON ENOUGH!!!
721. Because we all know what it takes to dig down deep and find what it takes to lose an entire person...and it is something that is DARN admirable!!!!
722. So my 6 year old daughter will not keep looking at all the diet comercials on TV and turn to me and say " Mom you should try that diet" "or that pill" or " Look mommy it works, dont you want to be thin?"
723. SO I CAN WAVE GOODBYE TO SOMEONE AND NOT HAVE MY ARM FAT JIGGLE!
724. SO I CAN WALK AND MY LEGS DON'T LOOK LIKE THEY ARE EXPERIENCING LITTLE EARTQUAKES WITH EVERY STEP.
725. SO I CAN OUTRUN ANYONE WHO TRIES TO TAKE MY PURSE. ( I WASN'T ROBBED, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW)
726. To know that I am healthy.
727. To have higher self esteem.
728. To know that I can out work and out last all the young adults that I work with.
729. To know I don't have to settel for grany clothes and pick out the clothes I like.
730. To go on a bicycle vacation and really see the countryside.
731. So my DD sees my example and does likewise and gives me grandchildren.
732. So I can spend money on clothes instead of drugs and doctors.
733. So I look good at my DS wedding.
734. So people will talk to me and not to my thinner companion.
735. So my co-workers will socialize with me.
736. So I won't always feel like I can't keep up because of my weight.
737. So my husband can wrap his arms around me and give me a big hug.
738. So my husband and I can dance closely- cheek to cheek.
739. To take the "pretty scarf" off the full length mirror.
740. Undress with the lights ON.
741. To be able to wear sexy short skirts not just long flowing skirts.
742. To wear those sexy short skirts without super control top panty hose.
743. To be able to do my yoga postures without straining and grasping to push the fat out of the way.
744. So I don't have to wear stretchy pants so that when I sit down I can breathe.
745. That the nurse can use the regular size cuff when taking my blood pressure.
746. No more underwire bras
747. No more rash underneath my breasts.
748. So I can wear clothes that don't have big ugly flowers, or something like that on it.
749. So I can wear horizontal stripes again.
750. When I lay down my breasts don't fall sideways off my chest.
751. So when I go out for a walk in the woods with my husband, he doesn't worry I'll lose my balance and hurt myself.
752. So people can buy me clothes at christmas again and not worry if it will fit.
753. When people buy me clothes at christmas its not some huge tent with some animal print on it.
754. To be able to wear rings again that don't cut into my fingers.
755. To be able to buy clothes that look good on my body, and aren't gigantic. Heaven knows the Lane Bryant has been good to many of us... but some of their "fashionable" clothes still are cut "fashionably" but not necessarily with regard to a larger person... like... ruffles? Makes me personally seem about 2x as big!
756. To not worry about having to wear my jeans a few times around the house before I can wear them in public so I can stretch the waist -- 'cause I refuse to buy them at size greater than a 16.
757. To not have to worry about my linen work shirts wrinkling around the tummy when I sit down and my rolls crinkle stuff.
758. To not have to buy shirts two or three sizes bigger than the bottoms 'cause my chest/back is so thick.
759. To not have to worry whether the XXL is going to fit.
760. To be able to buy a nice looking business suit at an actual store. (Most of which stop at size 18)
761. To not feel like it's hopeless to have romantic interest in [whoever], 'cause I've decided there's absolutely no frikkin way that someone like that would like someone as grotesque as me.
762. To not feel like I have no control over my life.
763. To not have my button up shirts pucker at the chest.
764. To not look like a giant marshmallow when I wear all white.
765. To not bump into walls and doorways every now and then 'cause for some reason I walk as though I were a thinner person, and think I take less clearance than I do!
766. To not have my feet hurt when I wear those sexy stiletto boots to work because there's so much weight on my toes/pad of my feet.
767. To not have to get drunk in order to go to a club or bar, let alone flirt, because I have such low self esteem and know that no one will be looking at me.
768. To not have to strategically place my arms/folder/pad/whatever when I sit (or sometimes even walk!) to make a futile attempt at hiding my tummy rolls.
769. To have nipples that point out not down.
770. To be able to wax my bikini area without pulling my lard out of the way and getting a full cardio workout. To have a reason to wax it!
771. To know that I'm better. Because I'm an emotional eater, and I know that if/when I weigh less -- not even to my goal, but to 170, say -- I'm there because I've managed to get a handle on my emotions and my life, not because I've starved myself.
772. To once and for all not have weight or size be an ever-present issue.
773. To not think twice before putting on a pair of short shorts and a sleeveless blouse in the summer.
774. To wear my hair the way I'd like to, not worrying about whether or not it makes my face look rounder.
775. To not be the "woman on the street, below the neck shots" local tv uses for their segments on obesity.
776. To run with my children, and enjoy it.
777. To fulfill my obligations, instead of making excuses because I feel too fat today.
778. To walk by teenage or college age boys and have them giggle because they are a bit intimidated by a nice looking 30-something gal, than giggling at the fat girl.
779. To be good model of fitness for my 2 children.
780. To cross my legs with ease again
781. To be able to get out of my SUV without having to put the seat back. (and before I wear out the seat motor!)
782. To be able to wear my old ski suit.
783. To see the cracked heals naturally go away with the extra weight.
784. To no longer feel my stomach resting on my thighs!
785. To see how proud my husband is when I take care of myself.
786. To be able to KNEEL in church instead of "resting" my butt on the pew in back so I don't get a compound fracture from all the weight on my knees(makes it hard to concentrate on prayers when all I can think of are the people behind me thinking There but for the grace of God go I!)
787. So that people I am arguing with have to come up with a more clever line than "Yeah, well you're FAT so there!"
788. To be able to walk down the street without STRANGERS yelling "souie souie here pig pig pig"
789. To be able to have my niece quit telling me (Nicely) But you look GOOD big!
790. To have my nieces and nephews quit using my stomach for a pillow while watching TV.
791. To have the courage to actually MEET a guy I have been e-mailing when he writes "You are so funny and bright When do I get to actually SEE you?" instead of telling (lying to) him I am moving to another state-wow what could have been
792. to wear real clothes
793. to have a boyfriend
794. to change jobs without fear
795. to have a life...period.
796. To act like I don't mind getting wet when everyone else in running to their cars when it rains.
797. Knowing that if something bad happens (like 9/11) I could run to safety.
798. To not have 20 shirts with food stains on the front.
799. To put all of the hours that I spend thinking out weight and food into some other activity.
800. To not be labeled as mobidly obese by my physician (I do have a real name ya know).
801. To not have to debate over every piece of food I eat.
802. To not feel as if my mind and my body were always fighting with eachother.
803. To have a social life.
804. To not be afraid to try new hobbies.
805. To not have my daughter ask, "Mom am I going to look like you when I grow up?" (meaning big and overweight)
806. To not have my daughter ask me why all the other girls can put their arms all the way around THEIR moms and she can't.
807. To not have my brother ask me not to lean on his car because I might dent it.
808. To not snore.
809. To not have cars and beds lean to one side when I get in.
810. To not have to ache and cry inside when a conversation turns to weight. (I always know exactly who they're talking to.)
811. To not feel angry when someone (who is too skinny already) says they really need to lose 10 lbs. because they are SOOOO fat!
812. To truly enjoy life and not just pretend all the time.
813. To have the energy to get all my housework done.
814. To enjoy shopping (for clothes) instead of dread it.
815. To be able to know that I could finally conquer this problem.
816. To buy clothes because I like them and they actually look good on me, not because they fit and they'll "do".
817. So that my less than one year old son never has to be embarrassed because he has a fat Mom.
818. So that I don't have to worry about losing another man because I am so heavy.
819. So that I can relax in knowing that my boyfriend loves me and not keep wondering how a good-looking, thin guy could possibly want to be with someone so huge.
820. So I can swim again. I LOVE THE WATER!!!
821. So that I can be at the beach and at the pool with my son.
822. To not have to worry whether or not I can fit between chairs of people at the restaurant or in a meeting and then be embarrassed when I have to ask them to get up so that I can get through.
823. So that my parents, my boyfriend, and my other loved ones can stop worrying so much about my health.
824. So that I can get pregnant again and not be so terrified because I am so overweight the entire time.
825. So that my asthma/breathing improves.
826. So that I no longer snore or at least not so loudly.
827. So that I don't have bulges everywhere.
828. So that when I lounge around the house in a long T-Shirt and undies, it is because I want to and not because my pants are too uncomfortable.
829. So that when I lounge around the house in a long T-Shirt and undies, I look GOOD!!!
830. So that once and for all, I am an in-shape, fit person; not a fat person!
831. Need to lose weight to get into a Fushia Bridesmaids dress on July 19, 2003
832. To be able to buy souveniers from places you've traveled to
833. To carry someone on my motorcyle without overloading the shocks
834. To use the diving board again!
835. Water slides!
836. Learn to water ski
837. So people will quit looking at you like you're stupid when you offer diet or excercise advice
838. So doctors have to find some other excuse to tell you go away every time you're in ("You know if you'd just lose 50 pounds this would go away")
839. Roller Skating! (I went last night and I felt so free! But I could never have done that when I started 5 months and 68 pounds ago!)
840. My number one reason to lose weight, to raise a healthy happy daughter who has a REALISTIC and wonderful body image!
841. So I won't *have to* wear pantyhose (or bike shorts) underneath skirts to prevent rashes where my legs rub together.
842. So I won't feel evious of everyone who weighs less than me or attribute "skinny" people with anti-fat prejudice when it's just me imagining they care. (Yes, I know many times they do care and are staring at the fat woman eating the pizza, but sometimes they aren't)
843. So I can buy sexy instead of practical underwear.
844. So my fat does not get in the way of fully bending my knees.
845. So my ankles don't hurt after a long walk.
846. So I don't have to wear an ace bandage on my calf when I fly.
847. So I am comfortable in an airplane seat.
848. So I can buy cute workout clothes in a store rather than mail order.
849. AMEN TO 306!!!!!!!!! But I just want to flaunt my new size and tell them that I will never shop at their store again in life!!!
850. To be able to go to a funtion and dance and not worry about everything jiggling
851. To be able to ride the rides with my 1 and 5 year old and not have to size up the sit to see if I will fit.
852. To be able to go to a funtion with my husband and not have to worry about people thinking WOW his wife is fat.
853. To not have other women look at my husband and think why is he with a fat girl
854. So I can win a T-shirt in some giveaway and actually wear it.
855. So I can ride in an airplane seat w/out the fear & embarrassment that the seatbelt won't fit.
856. So I can walk through an aisle of any sort w/out hitting people w/my butt or hips.
857. So I can swap clothes with my close friends.
858. So I can go shopping with my close friends & fit in. (Every female I am friends with is under 160...I am over 300pds.)
859. So that when I meet people, they take me seriously.
860. So that people I am acquaintances with won't pretend they don't see me in a random, public place...even when they walk right in front of me!!!
861. So that I can run.
862. So I can have a healthy pregnancy sometime soon.
863. So I will never again have to hear my husband tell a horseback riding company never mind & watch him try & pretend it doesn't disappoint him. (This happened recently...I finally said I'd try horseback riding & when my hubby called to make an appointment they asked our weights & told him that they did not carry anyone over 250. My hubby is 165...I am over 300.)
864. So I can go to other countries & fit into the culture without having people think me indulgent, and lazy.
865. So I can fit into the accomodations in other cultures!
866. Regardless of the shallowness of this one...I never want people to respect my husband less b/c his wife is fat. My hubby loves me tremendously but I want him to look good in every way!
867. So I can rest my hands in my lap. Currently my belly is so big that this is not possible.
868. So that I can cut my hair short if I want to, and not try to 'lengthen' my face by wearing it long and trying to hide under it.
869. To not be embarassed to tell anyone how much I weigh
870. To not cut out the size labels in my clothes because I'm afraid someone in my office will see the tag when jacket is on the back of my chair.
871. To not feel like every piece of food that goes in my mouth is a guilty thing, whether its a carrot stick or a piece of chocolate.
872. To not look at other people jogging in a public place, and think how wonderful it would be to do that.
873. To not have my face go beetroot red when I do aerobics.
874. To not have to wear long sleeves and long pants in the summer to 'cover' up, and because I can't find anything to fit.
875. To wear a bikini.
876. To know that I'm not the fattest person on my floor of the office building.
877. To not have support underwear in my closet anywhere. And to not have to change into different underwear at the end of a party so that my boyfriend doesn't see me in it.
878. To have a regular bath towel fit all the way around me when I come out of the shower, not a bath 'sheet'.
879. To never feel the anxiety I felt traveling on South West right after they announced charging larger people for two seats and worring about the mortification I would face if they singled out me while I was traveling to FL with 8 of my 125 pound girl friends.
880. To never having to worry about wearing a skirt two days in a row because I know I won't be able to walk at the end of the day due to two days of chaffing
881. To be able to share with my friends my feelings because you know they will understand and not just feel sorry for you which is the last thing you want
882. To not be embaressed when a thin person commpilments me on my outfit and asks where I got it so they can get one to and I know they couldn't find anything in that store to fit them.
883. To find a pair of tall boots that fit around my calf and stay up.
884. To never again be the one the bride has to accomidate when picking out outfits for her bridesmaids
885. to never have my cloths pill from excessive rubbing.
886. to never have back pain at the end of everyday from sitting at my desk
887. to not have my weight be the elephant in the room that people don't talk about for fear of hurting my feelings
888. to actually be excited when my friend tells me of all the cute single grooms men that will be in the wedding party I'm in and knowing I might actually have a chance with one them.
889. To not have to talk myself into getting up at 5:30 to go to the gym but instead be excited to go
890. To be able to ride a bike and rollerblade without fear of being uncomfortable or hurting.
891. To ski again and find ski pants and boots that fit me
892. To actually visit my brother at work at MTV without feeling I might embaress him in such a trendy environment
893. To not feel scared to make a right career move for fear of being discriminated against because of my size or not being able to do my job because of my size.
894. To never hear someone tell me agin, I remind them of someone they know...she is also a large girl....but that is the only thing they can think of that reminds them of me
895. To never fail at another diet again
896. To never have to think about dieting again, healthy choices will be instinctive
897. To meet up with an ex and let THEM think of "what could have been"
898. Never ever have stomach rolls again the size of tires
899. Live the rumour that I can see my feet when standing straight
900. Live by example. I have family members and friends that could lose weight too.
901. Have men interested in me for more than my brain.
902. Have men interested. I would like to think I will get married someday and have kids!
903. Could actually wear lowrider pants that dont show 2 rolls of stomach above them.
904. Wear pants that dont have extra tummy space. Many places I could pull up the pants almost to my chest!
905. To have a man want to carry me in other situations than emergencies!
906. To wear a swimsuit without a skirt!
907. Only a hundred to go! Be able to get up in the morning, and look in the mirror, smile and say "YOU GO GIRL!"
908. To give up "Fat Bottom Girls" by Queen as my theme song.
909. So my boss and her 92 year old mother will quit hounding me about working out.
910. To actually enjoy wearing all the lingerie my husband swears looks good, "no matter how big you are"
911. To have a portrait taken with my sister and not take up twice as much of the frame as she does.
912. To be at the beach and have somebody think "there's goes a sexy chick" - not "will that board keep her afloat?"
913. To ride two-up on a crotch rocket without a "wide load" sign.
914. To not worry about tipping the camper over if we both sleep in the same end.
915. To not look like the michelin tire guy in a parka.
916. To sit in the seat of a 1979 Triumph Spitfire without spilling over into the passenger seat.
917. To never ever look like that woman in the christmas videos - you know - the biggest one at the party, never again fat and jolly.
918. So if I ever see that guy from college, he'll regret the day he gave me up!
919. So I don't feel like a right tackle, even in my wedding dress.
920. That pair of levi's I've had at the bottom of the pile in my closet since 1987.
921. So that I don't always have to sit in the back of the classroom on an outside aisle b/c I'm worried I'll knock people w/my hips when going to a desk in the middle of a classroom!
922. So I can stop scoping all of the chairs out to see which one looks the strongest.
923. So I can quit using the excuse "my back hurts" when avoiding the rickety chairs that everyone else sits in.
924. To see what my cheekbones look like (and if I have any!!)
925. To be able to have the man in my life buy me sexy lingerie and not have to guess at my size etc...
926. To not compare how much I weigh with football player stats etc and worry if I weigh more than they do etc.
927. To not have charley horses from lack of exercise.
928. To never have to shop at August Maxx again (they are way too expensive).
929. To not have my boobs be a place that my cat can fit her entire body on.
930. To not have people treat me like I am invisible (you would think with all this weight that I wouldn't be invisible!!).
931. To be thought of as a girl again instead of "one of the guys".
932. To never be yelled at by a passing redneck in a truck and called "fat a@@" again.
933. To make my doctor's mouth fall open over all the weight I have lost.
934. To not stick to vinyl furniture in the summer and hear that loud tearing sound when I get up.
935. To not be sick all the time.
936. To go back to Europe and really enjoy it this time instead of huffing and puffing my way across it.
937. To be able to wrap a towel all the way around me.
938. So that the doctors will not tell me that I have high blood pressure due to the fact that they have used the wrong size blood pressure cuff on me.
939. To never have to ask a salesperson where the plus sizes are located.
940. To never have to find out that a department store actually doesn't have plus sizes (I kid you not!)
941. To never again have to shop in the basement or near the maternity section because that is where they put the plus sizes.
942. To never have to look at another Lane Bryant v-neck again. (Do they think all fat women wear v-necks?).
943. No more Just My Size
944. To be able to shave my armpits without missing spots and without turning it into an aerobic activity.
945. To be able to wear my boyfriend's clothes and have them be too big on me rather than too small.
946. So I will feel younger and stronger.
947. To not feel like a freak when I am supporting a friend at a marathon.
948. To never avoid my family again because I have gained so much weight.
949. To not be the one that everyone comes to when they are looking for advice on a great place to eat.
950. To sit down hard on a bed or chair and not feel that it will break.
951. To not be afraid I will have a stroke and REALLY be incapable of moving
952. To not end up bed ridden like my mom
953. To NEVER again hear someone say "you want to sit next to the fat lady"
954. To fit into a life jacket
955. Not to worry about fitting into anything (chairs, seat belts, booths, etc.)
956. To be able to shop in a "normal" store for the first time ever
957. So I don't feel like I need to hide myself away
958. so my ring sizes do not equal my foot size or larger.
959. so I can quit ignoring everyone else in the gym so I don't have to know if they are watching my fat jiggle as I work out.
960. to not worry about that little "pouch" that hangs between the sweatshirt and the jeans.
961. to be able to sit up straight and hold that pose for longer than 3 minutes.
963. to run in public again without the worry of a comment.
964. to finally quit saying "no" to my special friend because I can't stand the thought of him seeing me naked.
965. to buy a ten dollar t-shirt intead of a twenty dollar one that's plus and still doesn't fit right.
966. to not be the fully clad person on the beach.
967. to not have it be my fault(in others eyes) that the floor creaks when I walk across it. It's the damn house I tell you!
968. to get a full body massage or a seaweed wrap without the fear of giving the person permanent charleyhorses in their hands
969. To not have a fetish for stylish shoes even when they kill my feet, 'cause my feet are the only parts of me that can fit into anything the rest of the world would buy and think of as "stylish"
970. To not have my entire family be subtly obsessed with my weight.
971. To not have everyone's first impression of me be "fat and lazy" when I'm actually very funny, quite intelligent, hugely ambitious, and utterly sweet and generous.
972. To not casually look all around me when I'm about to walk into Lane Bryant to make sure no one I know is around to see me do it. (It's a little like I'm buying crack. Only it's just clothes. But I'm ashamed.)
973. To not think that a bikini is a pipe dream.
974. To be able to buy bras at the Vicki's semi annual sale, not just if they have a 38D that I think is stretchy enough that it'll fit me (a 40C).
975. To not not be embarassed for my friend when she makes some fat-person-is-disgusting joke and then later realizes what she said and apologizes a million times. (To be frank, I kind of took that as a compliment, 'cause it means that in her head, I'm not a fat person, or she would never ever ever have said something like that in front of me. But it was awkward to have to accept her apologies!!!)
976. Not not have my mom sound so surprised whenever she sees me in business clothes or a "nice" outfit looking cute.
977. To not turn into my aunt (I'll just leave it at that. this one is huge motivation for me.).
978. To be able and willing to wear a bathingsuit at the beach instead of shorts and a t-shirt, both of which produce such LOVELY farmers tans...
979. So I can quit paying extra at some stores if I get an XXL for the extra material.
980. To not have to wear a bra 24/7
981. To not avoid my reflection in the mirror perpetually.
982. To not be afraid to be photographed, 'cause I don't want to be immortalized looking as repulsive as I am.
983. To not feel like my face has been swallowed and my eyes are peeking out from the bottom of a well.
984. When people say "you remind me so much of drew barrymore", to have them not have the addendum in their head of "but much heavier".
985. To not cry literally all the way through a book liek Good In Bed 'cause it's so very me. (So many people said it was funny. I actually didn't laugh that much. Just cried.)
986. To not have to have a list like this, 'cause I'm THERE!!!
987. To step out of a car gracefully.
988. To be hugged by my man without him touching a lot of rolls!
989. So I won't feel invisible.
990. to wear my pants belted
991. to not test every single pair of pants I hold up for "stretchy-ness" to see if they will fit
992. to not have people in the Gap and Limited look at me sympathetically like... oh honey, there's nothing here for you
993. to not be embarassed to say, Hello! I'm the Health Educator here!" Ugh
994. to be able to cross my arms! without looking angry!
995. to not cringe when someone says.. oh! You look just like your Mom! when I haven't seen them in years.
996. to not feel like a horrible 5th wheel when I'm out with all of my friends (all young, gorgeous creatures)
997. to not be referred to as Ma'am by people older than ME!
998. to not have women who are heavier than me make jokes about their own weight and nudge me to include me as if to say.. you know what I mean, don't ya?!
999. to finally set free that girl who is a big ball of energy on the inside
1000. So I don't have to live in fear of being in an accident and having the rescue squad crew call for major reinforcements to get me in the ambulance.