It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:14 am

Free Newsletter

2 fantastic websites! (includes great calculators)

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

2 fantastic websites! (includes great calculators)

Postby zoeh » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:20 pm

Hi all

Here are a couple of websites I just came across I thought I would share:

http://www.gimme20.com

This is basically a community based forum but I have noticed there are a lot of fitness professionals on it to offer their advice too.

https://www.healthatoz.com

(I thought this one in particular was good because you can calculate your food pyramid and calculate if you are getting enough calcium and what your risk is for a heart attack. The stuff is pretty interesting. This is their spiel:

Why should you register for HealthAtoZ? Here are just a few reasons:

Your Personal Online Health Coach

Want to quit smoking? Your Online Health Coach will provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to kick the habit.

Need to lose weight? Whether your goal is to simply improve your nutrition and start exercising or to shed those extra pounds, your Online Health Coach will tailor a program to your specific needs and help you look and feel healthier.

Overwhelmed by stress? Don't worry - your Online Health Coach has a plan to help you cope with the demands of your life. Whether your job, your kids, your marriage, caring for an elderly parent or the loss of a loved one is the reason for your stress, you'll be given a program that addresses your specific needs.

Need help managing your diabetes? A diagnosis of diabetes can be overwhelming. Whether you've had it for years or are newly diagnosed, your Online Health Coach can help you create a management plan. Your Online Health Coach will teach you how you and your diabetes can live together in harmony.

Looking for a more heart-healthy lifestyle? The Heart Health Online Health Coach is for you. Your Health Coach will teach you about cholesterol, high blood pressure and other risk factors, and provide you with tools, meal plans, slideshows, quizzes and trivia along the way.

Your Personal Health Record (PHR)

Whether your goal is to simply improve your nutrition and start exercising or to shed those extra pounds, your Online Health Coach will tailor a program to your specific needs and help you look and feel healthier. Your coach will show you tools like the Calories Burned Calculator and the Portion Sizer, and informative slideshows and exercise demos. So fill your fridge with heart-healthy foods, put on your sneakers and start walking down the path to a healthier you.

Record information about immunizations, allergies, past surgeries and hospitalizations, medical history, contact information and more so it's always easy to locate.

Use the calendar to keep track of doctor appointments, medication refills, lab tests and immunizations.

Schedule e-mail reminders so you never again forget an important appointment.

Once you get started, you'll wonder how you ever lived without your PHR.

Your Dashboard

With HealthAtoZ, you're in the driver's seat. Where do you want to go? Just look to your Dashboard - your starting page. Personalize it to reflect your own health care needs and interests.

Choose the topics that interest you, then log on to access interactive tools, exclusive articles and personalized information on the subjects you've selected.

A wealth of information on a variety of topics is just a click away. Just type a subject into the search tool and you'll have instant access to a list of articles on that condition. Remember, with HealthAtoZ, you're always in the driver's seat.
zoeh

Postby Chelle » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:48 am

Thanks for the websites I'm going to have a squizz at them
Chelle

Postby Chelle » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:52 am

Just been on the websites they are pretty cool thank's for thew tip zoe
Chelle

Postby zoeh » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:30 am

Glad to hear they have been useful for you!

:D
zoeh

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Awesome, they sound great! I'll take a look Zoe, thanks :):)
zeedeveelgirl

Re: 2 fantastic websites! (includes great calculators)

Postby Roblyssa » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:57 pm

www.myfitnesspal.com is another amazing site. It has community boards, challenges, calorie counters, it keeps track of your exercise and water intake too. It's changed my life! If you happen to join, feel free to add me, same username :wink: .

Kellie
Roblyssa

Return to Lifestyle Talk