It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:49 am

Free Newsletter

Bathing and showering

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 20, 2007 10:13 pm

hey pam thanks for asking :) no she actually only has been given a couple of months to live. she has motor neurones disease and psoriasis of the liver and hepatitis c. she has always been a alcoholic and no matter what the family have done for her in ways of support she just got worse. she has 5 children to 3 different dads and her kids have been taken off her numerous amounts of times over the course of their lives. theyre not with her now as she cant look after herself and has nurses come to shower her and so on because she cant walk. it is really sad because she was such a beautiful person and its sad to know that she only has a short time left with us.
kate_turner2000

Postby Maraver » Sun May 20, 2007 10:32 pm

Kate I am soooooooooo sorry for her family and for her, I have a daughter who I think may end up the same, but her problem is drugs I would lay down my life for her if I thought she would really try and get clean.

I feel for all of you
You will be in my thoughts tonite

I don't pray but I like to go through things that have happened during the day before I sleep, maybe in a way its my way of praying and coping

Hugs
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 21, 2007 8:59 am

hey pam thanks :) im a bubbly person by nature so i try not to get too emotional over things. just going with the flow at the moment. i also dont pray and i am not religious but i also reflect on things too. :D

i hope your daughter turns her life around. it is hard to see someone you love end up sick like that.
kate_turner2000

Postby *KaTe* » Mon May 21, 2007 10:01 am

I work in warehousing and 99% of all the guys smell realllllllly yummy :P However reciently there was a couple of casual workers who came in, and every day one of them smelt REPULSIVE. It was so feral!

They used to ride to work on there pushbikes everyday, and wear the same clothes everyday. It was a smell of unwashed hair and clothes all mixed together. It made me want to be sick everytime I went near them...

I was always talking to the other guys about it and we were all saying what do there friends and family do? If my mate smelt that bad I'd tell them to stop being filthy and have a shower and change ya clothes! LOL...it grosses me out. :lol:

Also there used to be a boss at my work that had the WORST smelling breath i have ever smelt in MY WHOLE LIFE! Seriously it would stink out his whole office. I never thought someones breath could stink out a whole room!!!!!!One of my mates had to share the office with him and he literally couldnt put up with it in the end. This guy had 4 kids and a wife, you'd think the kids would say "daddy your breath smells" etc...it was so discusting I will never forget it!! HA HA we were so thankful when he left, we still laugh about it now! :D

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:16 pm

haha i love kids :P
kate_turner2000

Postby tinker » Tue May 22, 2007 12:07 am

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:This morning on the bike track I passed a guy who I have seen numerous times who appears to be homeless riding his bike with a number of old plastic bags on the handlebars which are full of what can only be rubbish by the smell. He literally smells like a rubbish tip.

Hey Tegan - This guy has been riding the streets for at least 20 years (that I remember). We used to refer to him as Rolf (after Rolf Harris - not sure that there was really any resemblance other than the beard) and as kids we would cross the street to avoid him. I quite often still see him in town or riding along the Brooker on his trademark rubbish bike. I hate to think what he collects! Apparently he has some kind of psychological issues...not sure about the homeless factor...I know he used to live not too far from you, but that was years ago. It's a pretty sad life to lead.
tinker

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue May 22, 2007 10:18 am

I've seen him sleeping in sheltered spots at the Uni sometimes.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Sassygirl » Tue May 22, 2007 12:31 pm

I work in an organisation that helps the underprivilleged in our area and we quite often get people in that have not showered for days (even weeks).
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Previous

Return to Lifestyle Talk