It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Should I, shouldn't I

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Should I become a tupperware lady?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes : 13

Should I, shouldn't I

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:14 am

OK, here's the deal. I'm thinking about becoming a tupperware lady. In order to do so I need to get 4 parties in the first 2 weeks which covers my 'kit'. No initial outlay anf aftr the first 2 weeks I can do as much or as little as I like, and I get free tupperware.

Thing is, I'm not sure I have the social network. One of my work friends and one of my uni friends have recently become tupperware ladies, which leaves me with not meny people that I woudn't be poaching from those friends'.

I am going to a meeting tonight to learn more. The bloke is not keen - he is concerned it would be a bit like a weird cult and doesn't get the idea that you don't have to pay any money to start out. I would put all the earnings into the home loan. But then there's the tax as well.

So, yeah, just wondering what your opinions would be.

OH and BTW, if anyone living in/near Hobart would be interested in having a party should I decide to be a tupperware lady, that would be great, please PM me :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:20 am

I reckon you should do it tegan. you have heaps of experience with tupperware and any sort of extra money is good hey! plus it gives you the chance to meet other people. get out and advertise tupperware parties, that way you arent taking your friends clientelle (sp?) and you are doing your own thing.
kate_turner2000

Postby BusyMum » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:31 pm

If you have already got freinds doing tupperware, perhaps you could try a different sort of party plan business?? There are heaps out there. I had a lorraine lea linen party on the weekend, and the lady had done 2 other parties on that day and said she would make around $600 just that day! She was trying to talk one of my freinds into doing it because she is the only lady that does it in our area. So she was telling my freind that you pay $150 upfront for your kit, but you pay that off in your first few parties. Not a bad deal if it something you want to do.
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Postby loveat116 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:51 pm

What about Nutrimetics?

My mum did it for a while... is a bit expensive and not as cool as tupperware. What about Avon?

I reckon you should definatly go for some sort of "______ Lady"!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby oostevens » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:29 pm

i recon it would be fun :) doin lil parties :p specially the lingerie one :) i like that stuff cept its a tad expensive :) but yeah

one day when i get confident enough i might do it
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:07 pm

these things are expensive, which is why I like tupperware - lifetime guarantee. Whereas lingere and linnen WILL get worn out and makeup stuff runs out. I'm also not so into cosmetics etc, and not a fan of buying clothes from these partys (bad experience), I'm interested in being a Tware lady cause I like the products and I could get them cheaper or as gifts that way.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Fireball » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:00 pm

Dawn

Have you looked at other networks you can tap into? What about family? the crazy old aunt? next door neighbour?

It also depends on how outgoing you are. You can just mention it to everyone you see and and naturally pick up some people who "have been meaning to get a ...." Like I've got a big cake container that needs a lid. Who knows what happened to the old one? You don't deliver to Adelaide do you?

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:20 pm

LOL, no, but there would be people in Adelaide!!

Anyhoo, I have decided that my poll answer is....... drumm roll.......................................................................................................................................

NO

Why? Well. One of the reasons I wanted to join was because the lady/ladies I have been dealing with a lovely and relaxed and just are cruisy. No hard sell or anything like that. BUT at the meeting it was a whole different vibe. They have fortnightly meetings where all the regional teams get together etc. And it was just so far out and not my scene at all. All about how to get people to buy the most expensive items and all excitement and revving people up and just not want I had expected. So very commercially driven and almost religion like. I had the pants scared off me in other words. Then once I started questioning that, I thought about all the other negatives, like, there's only certain things of tupperware I really want/need and if I were to become a tupperware lady I would have to have a kit with a whole heap of things that I don't want or need and would just end up in a cupboard somewhere and be useless. And the time factor, fortnightly group meetings plus team meetings and the parties themselves. I just couldn't do that and have the life I want. So I decided not to do it. I will be making it very clear to my Tware ladies why though, so hopefully that feedback gets back to upper management. A friend of mine who just joined was also scared at the meeting - was her first one - and said she was now regretting having joined, but she's going to keep doing it, just not bother going to the meetings. I just wouldn't want to work under that overarching management.

BUT, October's catalogue is great so I'm hosting a party myself, if anyone wants to come, they're welcome!! Just PM me for details!!

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby BusyMum » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:27 pm

I'd love to come :D But its a bit too far to travel :cry:

Anyway, Im glad you made a decision. And I just wanted to mention that I have bought heaps of tupperware below RRP on ebay. It has all been original stuff and I think alot of it is from ex-demonstrators trying to get rid of stock. Might be worth a look if there is something in particular you are looking for that is going to cost you less :wink:
Angela.
Mum to 2 girls, 22months, and 6 months.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiWIiQF/]
BusyMum

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:40 pm

ooohhh, very good idea!!!

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby sassi » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:48 pm

i've come in to this a bit late, but i'm kinda glad you decided no tegan. i know of someone who has recently done the tupperware thing & it seems to me she's not making much money & it's a lot of work for not much return.
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:08 pm

wow sounds like a cult! i didnt know it was that involved. sounds like you make the right decision tegan :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:00 pm

i went to a body shop party and it was great, the products as so well priced that everyone bought loads of stuff
Jisgone

Postby Bread-Monster » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:49 pm

Nooooo, you'll have to make money off your friends, it's classic exploitation!

But it's up to you, if you want to do it, knock yourself out! :D
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby Fireball » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:42 pm

I used to go to parties and people did enjoy them - very social occasion. The products are expensive but very good quality. I also found I learnt a lot from them. My sister's next door neigbour got a car from doing Tupperware, and believe me she was not the pushy type at all - just quiet and friendly.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Lifestyle Talk