It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Saggy skin?

Anything and everything about leading a healthy lifestyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Saggy skin?

Postby Serena » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:56 pm

Have people seen pictures of people who have lost heaps of weight and their skin doesn't shrink back and they have to go on extreme makeover and have a cosmetic surgeon cut it off? It's horrible and I'm absolutely terrified of that happening to me. I've read a few things on the internet and some people say exercise helps, some say it's unavoidable, some say it's genetic. It's scary stuff! I topped the scales around 140kg so if anyone were going to get saggy skin I think I'd be a prime candidate! I'm hoping muscle tone and exercise will do the trick and I guess not losing all the weight at once - so no fad diets! I might go renew my gym membership tomorrow and book in to have a program written out. Does anyone have views on saggy skin and skin care for fat chicks?

Postby emma21 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:31 am

I'm scared of the saggy skin syndrome too! Most of the people I talk to are convinced that if I exercise regularly it shouldnt be a problem.

I would hate to get down to my 'ideal' weight only to have saggy skin everywhere. It would probably just get me depressed and the kilos would just pile back on and I would be back to where I started.

Emma :shock:

Postby emma21 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:54 pm

What do people think about creams and lotions that claim to tighten your skin? Do they really work?

Emma :)

Postby Maraver » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:56 pm

You know I am not sur, I have heard that if you are losing weight seriously for the first time I mean I have lost 5 kilos and put it on and took it off again but I mean people who lose 30 kilos and put it backon they are the main people who willget saggy skin but if you are losing it for the first time you will be ok
I am not sure how true this is

Postby Summer » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:05 am

When I was about 12 years old, I weighed in at 160 lbs and was wearing a size 16. Now, even though I still weigh 145, I wear a size 10. I've got the "saggy skin syndrome" but it's really not as bad as some of those makeover stories. My suggestion is to lose the weight over a longer period of time (maybe losing up to 3 pounds a week). Also, those creams, yeah, I've tried about four of them. None of them work. One, I even paid $60 with the expectation that if it didn't work, I could get my money back. I sent the jar back like they told me to but I never got my money back. Needless to say, I've given up on the creams.

Return to Lifestyle Talk