It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:59 am

Free Newsletter

Very Girlie Question (avert your eyes males! :D)

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby oostevens » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:53 pm

hubby shaves his face sometimes but hasnt got HUGE amounts on chest arms and legs, he has just the right amount :) to make him look manly.

and he sometimes trims down there :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Sas » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:15 am

I got mine done yesterday. I got it done for the first time before my wedding then kept it up for a couple of months but got lazy. It was 3 months since i had been yesterday... basically had all grown back. It hurt yesterday but if you do it regularly it doesn't hurt that much cause not all your har grows back. And like the others have siad it doen't hurt as much as you would think...

I do the whole lot. I personally think it is nicer than a landing strip. Makes you feel so sexy to for some reason lol :)

I thought i would be a little shy about it but I don't have any issues with having someone down there. We just talk and the time goes pretty quickly. lol we even talked about the election yesterday :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:50 pm

Okay - I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to Revive Day Spa in Mt Hawthorn (not cheap!) and saw a girl called Emma, who was awesome - very reassuring and talked throughout so I felt very comfortable!

And.. it didn't hurt that much! I mean, sure, there's bits where it's rather "oo!" but I didn't cry or ccream or yell out or anything.. and I don't have a particularly high pain threshold, so I was pleasantly surprised :)

I thought she was leaving a strip, but then she waxed some more and yeah.. all my hair is gone! I don't mind it actually, so I will see what Joel thinks :)

I am DEFINITELY going to do this regularly. It's awesome!
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:16 pm

oooo awesome! i am gunna get something done when i have money :) but i dunno whether i want something left or not...does it hurt getting it all off? and wat did u pay if u dont mind me asking
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:28 pm

Cost me $68 for the first one, tis $55 for the other ones... but that took an hour, they used really good wax with titanium dioxide in it that is better for your skin (or something..) and good moisturiser stuff. Emma was very experienced and really good.

I didn't have to get into any crazy positions or anything, just bend my legs up and I stayed lying on my back the whole time.

You wear a disposable G-string (classy...) so you don't feel AS exposed (although clearly, that gets moved out of the way!).

I would highly recommend her. I used to not be able to stand leg waxing, so you can get an idea of my pain tolerance! But have been waxing my legs for ages, and standard bikini line, so if you can take that, this really isn't that much worse. The worst bits are above your genitals... but once the wax is ripped off, it only hurts for a second.

So yeah.. I checked around and there's a lot of cheaper places, but I figured I wanted it done right, so I went with Revive. I was recommended BornNaked74 in Subiaco, but I couldn't get a hold of them! But now I think I will always just go back to the same girl.
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:55 pm

PITTY i live in brisbane :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:32 pm

well.. yeah :P

but ask around your friends and check the net and stuff and make sure you find somewhere good - you want it done right!
Mandie

Postby Mandie » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:33 pm

yeah. Joel likes it! :P He thinks it was an awesome anniversary present...
Mandie

Postby electrongirl » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:10 pm

I might have to try there too!!

Where about is it?
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:56 am

good on you mandie :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Mandie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:46 pm

It's called "Revive Day Spa" Nikki, it's in Mt Hawthorn, I think it's 186 Scarborough Beach Road... I went to a girl called Emma, she was lovely and very professional and very good!
Mandie

Postby talia11 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:06 pm

good on you Mandie - I get my whole lot done - not really fussed about having anything there.
My hubby had one done before our wedding - he was quite raw for a few days - very hard job - it wasnt really worth it - he shaved anyway - just meant it was smoother for longer.
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:03 pm

Good on you for taking the plunge!

I wax everything away and I do it myself. I don't know if I have a high pain thresh-hold or I'm a closet masochist or something, but I really don't find it that painful. I actually find it hurts more to wax my upper lip than my rude bits! For anyone considering doing a DIY Brazilian the trick is to pull the skin as tight as humanly possible before pulling the cloth strip or hard wax away. And I find that hard wax is best for the more delicate areas, but you need a bit of practice with using traditional heated wax with cloth strips before you try hard wax. It's much cheaper to do it yourself and all it takes is some practice and flexibility. Just be ultra careful that the wax isn't too hot or you can end up really hurting yourself.

That said, if I could afford it (damn student income) I'd definitely pay someone else to do it for me!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby electrongirl » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:07 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!

I just booked myself in for a session at the hairfree centre for SPL Hair Removal.

hehehehe
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:46 pm

Well done, Nikki :D :D

I got my 4-weekly wax on Saturday, and I told my waxer, Natasha, that I was bored of the XXX so I got the XX instead! I must say, I actually really prefer it!!!
zeedeveelgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Beauty