It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:33 am

Free Newsletter

Very Girlie Question (avert your eyes males! :D)

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby candycane » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:48 am

Well this is kind of old, i have been getting my bikini line waxed since i was about 17, before that i would wax it myself, when i got to about 20-1 i started g-string waxes, then i started brazillian abour 22, then now full brazillian this year. It doesnt hurt that much, you just think of happy places.

i dont like hair all that much (except on my head) so i like to get it all gone! regrowth is only itchy and stubbily if you shave, if u wax it gets finer (apparently) im blonde so i dont get all that much hair on my body anyway :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Puffer » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:11 pm

I have been getting Brazilians for years... I started when I was 15 doing a home job and hoping mum wouldn't find the hairs... lol... then stopped for years after I gained weight.

After moving towns my bf saw a shop with a sign out the front 'Brazilians $40' and so I started going there at his request when the mood struck me and I have since started going regularly to get a half leg wax and eyebrows every four weeks and Brazillian as needed (it takes longer than four weeks to get hairy enough for waxing again).

I cry when my eyebrows get waxed :oops: I think both eyebrows and legs hurt miles more than the Brazilian!
Puffer

Re: Very Girlie Question (avert your eyes males! :D)

Postby wannabehealthy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:32 am

i had laser done there it is only 70 dolars per session and at first lastedt 6 weeks and now hairs have reduced :)
wannabehealthy

Postby Ally147 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:01 pm

I get the Brazillian done whenever i have the spare cash which pretty much turns out to be monthly or every 6 weeks. Its the best thing i've ever done, the itch goes away that u get if u were to shave, its soooo smooth... i used to get it done with hot wax, but went somewhere else the othe rday and they used strips and it was quicker. All up to personal preference. I don't have a very good pain threshold and if i can get this done anyone can haha!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby mumnbub » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:22 pm

I am almost to embarrassed to have a doctor looking down there! so there is no way i would ever get it maxed by someone and tried once myself but after pulling out just a small bit i was in too much pain to keep going. So i shave my bikini line when necessary but thats it
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby liz1984 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:08 pm

When i had to have gynae surgery a few years ago, the first thing i was thinking was oh censored he's gng to be seeing my hairy area lol.
So the night before the op, i went and shaved ...omg it was so itchy afterwards lol and then i thought to myself, your stupid, they see that every day nearly!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8oQwGD/]
[/url]
liz1984

Postby mumnbub » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:39 pm

liz1984 wrote:When i had to have gynae surgery a few years ago, the first thing i was thinking was oh censored he's gng to be seeing my hairy area lol.
So the night before the op, i went and shaved ...omg it was so itchy afterwards lol and then i thought to myself, your stupid, they see that every day nearly!

When I had my surgery down there I was told not to shave as there is a higher risk of infection, same goes for when your close to having a baby- apparently they used to tell ladies to shave down there but now they say there is too high a risk of infection so they say not to within the month before hand (i think a month anyway).
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Snowflake » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:58 pm

I got a full brazilian wax once and it was probably the worst experience of my entire life. Normally I wouldnt share it because it would almost surely scare someone out of doing it who hasnt before, but I kind of wish I read on like this before I did it because oh my dear sweet lord it was horrible.
I dont know how high my pain threshold is but I dont think im a wimp by any means, I would say average but ive never had anything else waxed....
Basically I walk in and theres 2 asian girls who dont really speak english, and they try to tell me to take off my pants and underwear and lay down on the table cross legged. So im completely exposed and none of those paper underwear were offered :shock: akkkward, haha.
So im laying there and they drip this BURNING hot wax all over, and all make grimicing frightened faces while she slowly pulls it off. Im screaming at the top of my lungs, tears are pouring down my cheeks. I let her do it one more time while the other girl holds my hand and makes the frightened face again and im screaming. I take the towel they give me to lay on and wrap it as tightly as I possibly can in my mouth and use it as a gag. By the 4th one my legs are kicking in the air and the pain is unbearable. I was screaming so loud and kicking so much that they had to stop, I told them to stop and I would just leave it the way it was (half done) they wouldnt let me leave with it like that and insisted that I let them finish. They take a pair of tweezers each and start plucking every hair out individually. I reckon this may have been even worse and tears just wont stop pouring out.
I really want to make it clear that im not a wimp!! I dont remember the last time ive cried from anything to do with pain other than this....
So anyways I was red and sore for hours after and there were many hairs missed but I was just so excited to be able to get off that table than I was happy to be a bit prickly. Also the next morning I woke up and it looked like I was covered in pimples and little whiteheads appeared over all the folicles.
I have heard people have great experiences and my friend got her first one about a week before I did (at a different place obviously) and said it didnt hurt that bad and it was over in a few minutes. My experience lasted about half an hour of torture. I dont have kids but I can actually remember thinking that I couldnt imagine child birth being more painful than this...ahah I know obviously its not true but at the time I thought it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5WLHBp/]
Snowflake

Postby Gordz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:15 am

:shock: :D :shock:

8) < camoflauge glasses.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby electrongirl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:38 am

Snowflake wrote:I got a full brazilian wax once and it was probably the worst experience of my entire life. Normally I wouldnt share it because it would almost surely scare someone out of doing it who hasnt before, but I kind of wish I read on like this before I did it because oh my dear sweet lord it was horrible.
I dont know how high my pain threshold is but I dont think im a wimp by any means, I would say average but ive never had anything else waxed....
Basically I walk in and theres 2 asian girls who dont really speak english, and they try to tell me to take off my pants and underwear and lay down on the table cross legged. So im completely exposed and none of those paper underwear were offered :shock: akkkward, haha.
So im laying there and they drip this BURNING hot wax all over, and all make grimicing frightened faces while she slowly pulls it off. Im screaming at the top of my lungs, tears are pouring down my cheeks. I let her do it one more time while the other girl holds my hand and makes the frightened face again and im screaming. I take the towel they give me to lay on and wrap it as tightly as I possibly can in my mouth and use it as a gag. By the 4th one my legs are kicking in the air and the pain is unbearable. I was screaming so loud and kicking so much that they had to stop, I told them to stop and I would just leave it the way it was (half done) they wouldnt let me leave with it like that and insisted that I let them finish. They take a pair of tweezers each and start plucking every hair out individually. I reckon this may have been even worse and tears just wont stop pouring out.
I really want to make it clear that im not a wimp!! I dont remember the last time ive cried from anything to do with pain other than this....
So anyways I was red and sore for hours after and there were many hairs missed but I was just so excited to be able to get off that table than I was happy to be a bit prickly. Also the next morning I woke up and it looked like I was covered in pimples and little whiteheads appeared over all the folicles.
I have heard people have great experiences and my friend got her first one about a week before I did (at a different place obviously) and said it didnt hurt that bad and it was over in a few minutes. My experience lasted about half an hour of torture. I dont have kids but I can actually remember thinking that I couldnt imagine child birth being more painful than this...ahah I know obviously its not true but at the time I thought it.

This is why you have to make sure you go to a good salon.

I have had good and bad experiences.

The good places will ask you if the wax is too hot by putting a small amount on first. Also they will be as gentle as possible and they will also tell you how to look after it so you don't get the whiteheads.

I bet they didn't tell you to exfoliate the area every day for at least a week either.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Snowflake » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:04 pm

HAHA they didnt tell me to do anything but stop screaming, haha.
Im afraid to go do it again now and I cant see myself going to even the best salon just out of fear....
I just use nair, there is a good one meant for the shower and I just pat it on the whole outside of my downstairs mixup, and wash it off in the shower after like 7 minutes and its all gone, no ingrowns but it does get prickly in a few days...but because my brazilian wasnt done properly that grew back in a few days too....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5WLHBp/]
Snowflake

Postby skinnywork » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:44 am

I always do it myself, I dont like hair growing in those areas or under my armpit.
I usually go to the pharmacy to get the bikini strips, warm up in my palms then press it onto those areas I'd like to wax.
Then, the funny thing is those strips won't make hair come off automatically, after I peel it off, I have to pull hair out using my fingers. The wax just act as an agent, which makes the peeling very very easy!
Of course, afterwards I have to wash the sticky stuff off... :idea:
skinnywork

Postby fi_112 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:16 am

It is sooooooooooo painful... but so worth it! I just try and think about my gorgeous boyfriend to distract myself!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby foxyaussie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:37 am

I have been getting the brazillian waxing done for 5+ years now. The first few times were a bit scary and daunting but the pain defiantely lowers with each session. Luckily started off with a great beautician that put me at ease and knew what she was doing.
Last year I tried that SPL or IPL laser thingy as they had a special ($99 for a brazillain instead of $199 I think :shock: ) OMG!!!!! It hurt like &$*#!!!!!!
I think I lasted maybe 6 or 7 seesions and could not handle the pain no more!!!!! and the money!!! One day I actually almost punched the lady out cause it was hurting soooo much! Even managed a few tears which I have never done in all my years of waxing (15yrs or so).

Has anyone else had this problem with the laser thingy? I know there are different types of laser available, knowing my luck I got the most painful one!!

Also when you go I think it's important to find a salon where you are comfortable with the staff and they are genuinely nice and show they care about you....... not how much money they can get out of you :wink:
Good luck everyone.
Jane :D
Heaviest Weight ever 82kg on 14/1/2009
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVb86a0/]
[/url]

Remember it's what's inside that matters the most.
foxyaussie

Postby Mogget » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:54 am

I've never had a wax anywhere let alone there!

I do shave about the bottom half of that area (shaved the lot once and not only did the look gross me out but re-growth was like giving partial birth to a hedgehog) - but I leave my map of Tassie intact. I've been doing that since I was about 15 (apart from a couple of extended periods of celibacy where I let it grow out) and just way prefer being smooth there. It feels much nicer in general and especially for censored, and I feel cleaner especially during ttom. About once every six months I'll get an ingrown hair or pimple, but that's all.
I never thought I would witness the destruction of a Universe whilst carrying a naked merchant banker...

Mogget

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Beauty