It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Low Iron

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Low Iron

Postby oostevens » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:02 pm

Hi,

Another topic by me i know. I didn't know which area to place this so I ended up here.

I was told a few months ago that i have low iron. So i went on Feffol, iron tablets, i was to take them 2 times a week for a month or so. I did as the doc said. I have now been without iron pills for 2-3 weeks.

Lately I have been feeling a bit dizzy. I dont know whether thats cos of the iron or not. I have been feeling nautious sick. Like when i move my head i feel even sicker or watever. I have also been getting more car sickness than usual.

Does anyone know if this has anything to do with me not being on iron pills now?
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:06 pm

Hmm.. possibly, although with low iron you usually feel weak, and faint, and more tired than usual - nausea is not usually a symptom of low iron.

Maybe go back to your doctor and see what they think?
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:07 pm

i'm seeing the doc on saturday.

At one stage i thought pregnancy....but that is highly unlikely. So i dunno ha ha
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:14 pm

That can cause it! Also, have you noticed that when you get nauseous you feel like the room in spinning? Sometimes that can happen with middle ear problems... are you otherwise unwell?
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:16 pm

no spinning at all. Um the other day i spent the day in bed, had a weird stomach pain thing. Like it came in waves, i thought and it made me feel like throwing up but i never did. When i slept i didnt feel it :)

But it was my whole belly upper and lower and it was like gas but it wasnt gas lol strange hehe and it wasnt my gall bladder, cos my hubby has a very sensitive one, he has gall bladder disease and we had eaten the same foods and he wasnt feeling anything.

So i dunno.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:50 pm

hmmm those sound like a lot of the symptoms i got when i was early pregnant with connor :shock: :D xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby oostevens » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:51 pm

HA HA but its like a 0.000000000000001% chance that i would be :) We double protect hehe and i had my tom a week or so ago.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby charlimc » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:56 pm

i have low iron also, thru my pregancy i was extreamly dizzy and always fainted.... i get pretty dizzy now days aswell, are you eating well? doc said to me to make sure to take vatamin c with my iron tabs if it dosnt already have it in with the tabs
Charli x
charlimc

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:57 pm

ah ok....maybe its a tummy bug then? connor and I had that awful gastric flu thats going around atm (like a mixture of the flu and gastro ugh was awful!) and it has hung around for ages :(
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby oostevens » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:00 pm

i believe i am eating right.

I have had a lot of meat and even eggs the last week which is good. I have also been eating a lot of veges. Um i havent been on iron tablets cos i ahve to see doc to see if i should be on them still, am goin on saturday.

I dunno what it is.....stupid feeling sickness!
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:52 pm

sugar levels??
kate_turner2000

Postby oostevens » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:13 pm

um....what about them :P

I haven't over eaten in sugar and i haven't under eaten :p and i dunno if they test sugar levels when they did the test to see if my iron was low (as well as other things)

Cos they said everything was fine cept my iron.

hehehehe

I dunno, maybe i am just tired or something.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:07 pm

mmm maybe..

see if you can find out what tests your doc did.. should have tested your thyroid, your sugar, your liver and your iron levels.

you might need to go back on the iron tablets? a lot of doctors recommend that when you start taking them you take them for 6-12 months so that you can build your iron stores back up - once your iron is so low that you need supplements, you won't get enough just from food apparently.

hope you get it sorted!
Mandie

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:00 pm

Apparently it can take up to 3 months for your iron stores to be replenished..

I'm thinking that I may have low iron because I'm always so tired and lethargic, and whenever I get up even just from sitting in a chair, I'm always really dizzy and everything fades out for a moment and I have to kind of wait for things to come back into focus...
It's not my blood pressure, cos apparently that's great.. Hrmm..
zeedeveelgirl

Postby oostevens » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:10 pm

I recon its your iron. My friend at work use to have that happen when she got up from sitting on parade in high school, cept she would black out and have to sit back down again. She had it bad.

Apparently doctors put u on iron tablets for a while and then after a certain amount of time u go off it for a bit. Cos i don't think its healthy to be on them all the time.

And i agree, having vitamin c while eating meat or having iron tablets helps to take in the iron better :) My doc told me that too :)

I am gunna see the doc on sat and mention this and my lactose prob :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Next

Return to Health and Beauty