It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Make up

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Make up

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:33 pm

hey guys i know this has been posted by tegan yonks ago when she was asking about make up tips for her wedding. if anyone has any make up tips can we post them here? as you know i have that reunion coming up and want to look great on the night. my make up at the moment is pretty much day wear.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:48 pm

hmmm I dont really know...I wear the same makeup all the time (day or night) Foundation, concealer, concealer powder, blush, lipgloss, liquid eyeliner(top lid) reg. liner (bottom lid) 3x different mascaras, eyeshadow and then clear eyeliner :shock: geez LOL till I wrote that I didnt think it was that much my gawd! haha

umm...Kate all I know is that they say you should pick a 'focus' point, like eyes OR lips...I know because I have very black eye makeup all the time, I look ridiculous with red lipstick as well for example...like they are competing?? I would say either do some smoky smouldering eyes and just a nude or clear lip gloss or just a little eye makeup and strong lips :) *wolf whistles* hehehe
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby charlimc » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:52 pm

hey there im Make Up artist so if you like you can add me to msn or something and give me a face shot of youself and the colour of your dress and i will give you some pointers if u like
Charli x
charlimc

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:58 pm

oooh how exciting! :D Gosh we have our own doctor, makeup artist..LOL we're doing well here ;) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:47 pm

haha gracie youre a classic. hey charli ill pm you for your addy. :) thanks heaps. i would love to do smoky eyes but wouldnt know how! haha dont want to look like i have mascara running down my face.

i know what you mean about lipstick gracie. i paid for my make up to be done for my year 10 formal and my dress was blue and the lady did blue eyeshadow- which does not suit me at all! and bright pink lipstick. i looked like a drag queen! i was so embarrassed.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:24 pm

You poor thing Kate
Chelle

Postby charlimc » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:50 pm

for some reason it wasnt letting me reply to your email so i have to post it here. hope it works this way
i think i have to write it lil by little
ok its abit difficult to do it over the comp but i suggest to you

make sure that your eyebrows have been tamed, even if it just means plucking away a few stray hairs, but try do this like the day before so your pores arnt open when you are applying make up

clean your skin cleanse, tone, moisturise the nite before.

before make up prep, moisturise the skin or and get a good primer so your skin has a nice smooth surface to apply make up, a good primer to get is called auto pilot from Napoleon.. its great i use this and u only need a small amount. after this wait about 10 mins before u start applying make up.
Charli x
charlimc

Postby charlimc » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:50 pm

concealer stick oil based a shade lighter than your normal foundation colour , scrape some up the stick and place it on the outside of your hand and warm it up with your finger, get a make up smudge or foundation brush and dab onto your skin lightly covering up any unwanted marks and blend in outwards.
oil based foundation its abit hard to tell what colour u would use from a picture but i would say a beige also use a sponge or foundation brush and dab and blend all over the face and a little down your neck starting from your nose outwards.
Charli x
charlimc

Postby charlimc » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:51 pm

lose power lighter or same shade as your foundation, unless your foundation is a little to light. get a big make up brush and put it in the powder and tap off any excess and brush it all over your face, this will keep the base make up set.
Charli x
charlimc

Postby charlimc » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:53 pm

grrrrrr it wont let me post..
Charli x
charlimc

Postby charlimc » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:55 pm

sorry guys this thing isnt letting me do this very easy
Charli x
charlimc

Postby charlimc » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:56 pm

can i have your email addresss teagan
Charli x
charlimc

Postby charlimc » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:40 pm

smokey eyes.. ok hard to explain over comp..

best way to do it is to get a angel brush wet it put in black shadow and apply along your eye lash line on top eye lid as your liner, keeping the outer eye the thinkest point
wet your make up brush and and put it in black shadow apply to your eye lid to the crease of the eye this makes the black really dark and it will set dry
black penceil eye line on the iner eyes

with a dry brush and dry black shadow place and blend along where the wet back is blending outwards.. also do the under the eye place and belnd outwards thinckest parts are at the outer of the eyes.

get some warm shadow and dab where the end of the black is to soften the outer abit
Charli x
charlimc

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:48 pm

thanks charli im finding all this info helpful! you are on my msn list now so i can ask you some questions along the way!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby charlimc » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:24 pm

no worries
Charli x
charlimc

Next

Return to Health and Beauty