It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

What the heck is happening?

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

What the heck is happening?

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:25 am

Ok....i have been getting headaches since last week or so, the bad ones that take over your whole head, the kind you get when u drink no water. Well i have been drinking 2L water a day, so it couldnt be that :( I have also been very tired at night, can barely make it past 9.30pm :(

I don't know what is goin on. My iron is fine, cos i had a blood test the other week and all they told me was that my iron was fine, but the doc wants to do a routine checkup cos the blood test was abnormal. But I am guessing its nothing urgent, cos i booked a doc appointment 1wk later and she said that was fine. I go on Saturday.

I have been eating fine, drinking water, and i can't think of a reason for it :(

It was ttom up untill the other day but i have never had these bad headaches through that before :s And I am not stressed either.

Any ideas? ha ha ha
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Chelle » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:37 am

I dont know what it could be, mabe ask for a scan to be done. Hope it all goes away soon & the doctors know what's going on to fix the problem.
Chelle

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:48 am

Could be lots of things - most commonly tension or migraines, but a LOT of conditions will give you headaches. It's best to try not to worry about it, try to relax and do some relaxation techniques like meditation or lying quietly or getting someone to give you a neck massage etc..

And let us know how it goes at the doc :)
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:05 pm

i have never had migraines before, that i know of and yeah

i am hoping for my sake that the headaches are linked to the blood test, cos then i will know whats happening :(

currently have a headache now :( and no panadol.

Oh i have also been getting motionsick alot. More than usual. Like when i am in the car for a split second :( so i feel sick in the stomack a lil bit and i have had a few dizzy spells :( thats why i went to the doc in the first place, cos i thought it was my iron levels. But nope.

And i cant be preg, cos well we double up on contraception and it was ttom this month and i didnt skip it.

cant wait till sat!
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby electrongirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:14 pm

I get migraines quite often and my symptoms include:

blurred or tunnel vision
nausea
neck pain
sensitivity to light and sound
deep throbbing pain in head
sore eyes
dizzyness
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:22 pm

hmm maybe i m starting to get those now. haven't noticed any tunnel or blurred vision, but my eyes have been super itchy lately :( don't know about neck pain, i did have a sore neck 1 day but i had slept on my neck and arm weird cos they only hurt that day and not since.

Headache has kinda gone now, but feeling a tad lightheaded :( and like i haven't had much sleep, but i had like 7hrs which is good for me :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby matchbox » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:57 pm

i never had them and then a few years ago started having them all the time. so i had to cut down on orange juice and chocolate (used to drink lots of oj and have maybe too much choc :oops: still not that much though) and since cutting it down i've been fine :) only get the odd migraine here and there now, mainly when i'm really tired/worn-down.
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:01 pm

could be a thyroid problem, with your eye symptoms as well..
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:13 pm

really?? interesting
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:58 pm

funny u should mention thyroid.

my dad has graves disease and i think his sister and dad had it too.

i might ask my doc about that on saturday.

I was looking at some of the symptoms and i dont wanna diagnose myself, but i have a few of them:

- depression
- sensitive eyes
- hearing is getting worse
- exhausted
- heavy periods/cramps
- (we tried for a kid for a lil while and i didnt fall - could be anything really)
- my neck was sore the other day.... and i have noticed i cant bend it a certain way and that sometrimes it feels like i have swolled a ball but i thought that was just me being stupid
- ummmm
- my sleep is a bit restless
- hubby said i am feeling temps diff to him, cos i get cold when he aint, and i get hot when he aint
- i have vertigo

just a few :p

but i will not diagnose myself i will just mention it to my doc :) could be why my blood test was abnormal ha ha
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:16 pm

Good luck with the blood test, hopefully it will show something up so you can do something about it. Headaches suck badly! I get really bad headaches, like daily, for anywhere up to 3 or even 6 months, it's just awful!

That's interesting about the thyroid and eyes... I have had a problem with really watery eyes for such a long time, at least the past few years! I have thyroid included in my blood test (which I am yet to have, god I am a sook!), so you never know.
SarahC

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:30 pm

sounds like you certainly have a lot of the symptoms of Graves' disease (its a condition of overactive thyroid).. will be very interesting to see what the blood results show!
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:35 pm

i dont have any probs with my weight loss though :) but yeah i will be happy to find out so that i can do soemthing to help me deal with it - wateva it is :P and i shall be sure to let you know :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby oostevens » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:30 am

ok. well i saw the doc on saturday. apparently my liver was abnormal. which she reckons is from a virus, maybe galandular fever or some cmd cdm lol thing or ross river (but its not that one cos i have no rashes).

I had another blood test, which tested my liver and for thyroid. I find out the results on tuesday. I can't wait.

My resting heart rate last night was 95....is that good or bad?
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Rustie » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:56 pm

Ive had glandular fever and my god its bad. Lets hope it isnt that.
Never felt so sick in all my life. And it lasted for ages.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Next

Return to Health and Beauty