It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Free Newsletter

oily skin problem

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

oily skin problem

Postby kootsie90 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:25 pm

i have oily skin and i just don't know what products to use!!! i have tried some but they don't seem to work...someone told me that clinique has good products...has anyone tried clinique products!!
i checked their website out [commercial link removed] but i am not sure about them...any advice?
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not link to commercial sites.
kootsie90

Postby matchbox » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:42 pm

i've got really oily skin too, and if you're willing to fork out a bit, dior have some beautiful products. you should cleanse, tone and moisurise, and if you talk to the lady at the counter (usually in myer or somewhere like that) they can help you. i use the cleansing gel and find that works really well
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby candycane » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:27 am

I don't have really oily skin but i have really sensitive skin. Its prone to anything - oily, eczema, normal blech. i use avene products and i think theyre probably the best i've used.
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Sas » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:52 am

I use clarins products and they seem to be great for my skin. It usually get's pretty oily and these products seem to be good.

My sister uses them too and she has very sensitive skin and eczema and they don't irritate her skin.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby SarahC » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:55 pm

I've got mega oily skin as well. I use the Clinique stuff, not that it makes a difference. Blotting tissue is all I can suggest :roll:

Or... that reaaally cheapo toilet tissue that's in some public toilets, the little single leaf kind. That sops it up really well lol.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed
SarahC

Postby dgamla » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:35 pm

:D

Hi I have oily skin. I tried so many products none of these works now I
am using Nourifusion cleaner ,toner and moisturiser. Those products gives me excellecnt results
Dilani
Wellness Coach
dgamla

Postby kootsie90 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:31 pm

cool...there's heaps of products!!!! haha....does nayone know if it is cheaper to buy these products online or at department stores??
kootsie90

Postby electrongirl » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:40 pm

I swear by Clinique. I have oily skin and when I use clinique everyday I don't get breakouts.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Re: oily skin problem

Postby Zoe! » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:39 pm

Even when I was in primary school my skin has always been shiny and has always seemed to be slightly oily

I have tried so many products, guinot, cetaphil, Aesop, Body Shop, Jurlique, Clinique, Clearasil, MD Formulations, A Natural Difference etc etc etc and I just recently bought a new brand called 'Grown'

I bought it from a local chemist. Its organic skincare which doesnt have perfumes etc like many other 'natural' skin care ranges do and I have to say - I have noticed a huge difference within a week.

Highly recommend, I no longer have people telling me they "can see their reflection in my face" (because of the shine) ... people can be so cruel.

This is their website: [link removed] but it is not really up and running yet I guess that is a stay tuned thing.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to link to commercial sites
Zoe!

Postby Boodi and LJ's Mummy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi!
I too have really oily skin and I have found that Dermalogica products have really helped me. they are a tad expensive but you can go online to skinstore.com.au (I think thats it) or through Ebay and get it at a fraction of the price of retail, plus it lasts for ages. The dermal clay cleanser is great and you get a huge 500 ml bottle. Mine has lasted almost 9 months. If you find your skin gets a bit dry with this the Special Cleansing Gel is also very good. I dont use toner or moisturiser but they have a pretty good selection of these too. It might be best to pop into a day spa or beautician that sells it and ask for a few samples before splurging on the full sized ones.

Hope this helps!
Boodi and LJ's Mummy

Postby Addison Brown » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Hello friends,
Actually there are a lot of skin care product available in the market now, but before use it one should take this product with doctor's help. In my personal experience fair & lovely is a very effective product for oily skin problem.

Thanks
Addison Brown

Postby stevewatson » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:35 pm

kootsie90 wrote:i have oily skin and i just don't know what products to use!!! i have tried some but they don't seem to work...someone told me that clinique has good products...has anyone tried clinique products!!
i checked their website out [commercial link removed] but i am not sure about them...any advice?

Cleansing and Massage – After securing your hair away from your face, all traces of dirt, oil and makeup will be removed with a hypo-allergenic soap or cleanser. Then she will use a light scrub to exfoliate the top layer of dead skin cells no matter what skin type you are. Massage stimulates the circulation and brings oxygen to the skin cells and gives you that glow after a facial. It also releases tension and relaxes the facial muscles.
stevewatson

Postby shaunrys » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:07 am

Just a helpful hint from someone who struggled with bad acne issues, and finally figured out how to control it!

If you already have oily skin, and you begin using an astringent, or a soap that dries the skin, you may find your skin will become more oily. When your skin becomes dry, the oil glands try to compensate and "self-hydrate"; causing an abundance of oil.

I would recommend using a facial cleanser in the shower, and before bed, followed up by a non-comedegenic moisturizer after each cleansing. It may seem ironic to moisturize your oily skin, but it helps to neutralize the oil.

I use Mary Kay products, which are very gentle on my skin. There are a variety of products, available for many different skin types. I hope this helps!
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to use your signature for advertising.
shaunrys

Postby laurahill » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:54 pm

For oily skin apply white or pink clay mask or mud mask.also always used Aloe Vera related products is a good for oily skin care,apply cucumber juice ,lemon juice on face and wash it after 15-20 minutes with warm water is helpful for keeping oily skin under control.
laurahill

Postby Marina_J » Thu May 26, 2011 6:23 pm

I think you used natural remedy better then cosmetic products for your oily skin. I used some natural remedy for my oily skin and I feel good effect on my skin.
If you use salt water spray on your face once during the day and apply egg yolk with a cotton ball on over face, leaven on for 15 minutes then wash with cool water. You feel better.
Marina_J

Next

Return to Health and Beauty