It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight loss improves censored life

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight loss improves censored life

Postby Dolly » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:30 pm

Weight Loss and Sexual Life

Woman and men who lose only 10 percent of their total body weight report significant improvements in their sexual quality of life, found Duke University Medical Center researchers.

In the Duke study, the prevalence of obese people who reported difficulty at least sometimes in six different sexual quality of life aspects ranged from 19 to 67 percent. Women were more likely to report problems than men – women were twice as likely to say they did not want to be seen undressed and five times more likely to report not enjoying sexual activity at the start of the study.

However, on average, difficulties in all six areas of sexual quality of life investigated during the study showed improvement with weight loss. The percentage of women reporting difficulty at least sometimes dropped by as much as 50 percent on several aspects of sexual quality of life with weight loss. The improvement appeared to reach a maximum with a weight loss of approximately 11 percent, the researchers said.

The results were presented Oct. 17, 2005, at The North American Association for the Study of Obesity annual meeting in Vancouver, B.C. Funding was provided by the Duke Diet & Fitness Center, part of Duke Medical Center.

Quality of life improvements can help inspire people to meet their weight loss goals, said lead author Martin Binks, Ph.D., a clinical psychologist and director of behavioral health at the Duke Diet & Fitness Center, an immersion-style residential obesity treatment program.

"We saw very dramatic reductions in the number of people reporting difficulty following moderate weight loss. If people experience benefits and rewards from their weight loss and health efforts, it may help motivate them to continue a healthy lifestyle," Binks said.

The researchers reviewed existing data from women and men who participated in a two-year clinical trial of a prescription weight loss medication conducted at the Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, Minn.

Weight loss during the trial averaged about 13 percent of total body weight at the end of two years. The majority were women – 161 out of 187 participants. The average BMI was 40. BMI is a measurement of body fat based on height and weight. Obesity is defined as a BMI of 30 or greater and severe obesity is indicated by a BMI greater than or equal to 40. The average age of participants was 45 years old.

Each participant completed a study questionnaire, called the Impact of Weight on Quality of Life, which evaluates a number of aspects of weight-related quality of life. They filled out the questionnaire prior to the study and at three-month intervals during the two-year period.

The questions assessed six aspects of sexual quality of life: feeling sexually unattractive, lack of sexual desire, reluctance to be seen undressed, difficulty with sexual performance, avoidance of sexual encounters, and lack of enjoyment of sexual activity.

About two-thirds of men and women reported sexual problems at least sometimes – the study standard – when the study began. Age did not appear to be a factor, Binks said. Women were more likely to report lack of enjoyment of sexual activity (20 percent female vs. four percent male) and were more reluctant to been seen undressed (63 percent female vs. 31 percent male).

The most significant improvement in sexual quality of life was seen during the first three months of the study, after an 11.8 percent weight loss. The improvements in sexual quality of life remained relatively stable even with additional weight loss, Binks said.

One year into the study, the prevalence of women reporting feeling sexually unattractive dropped from 68 percent to 26 percent; those not wanting to be seen undressed improved from 63 percent to 34 percent; difficulty with desire reduced from 39 percent to 15 percent; avoidance of sexual encounters dropped from 29 percent to 15 percent; not enjoying sexual activity fell from 21 percent to 11 percent; and difficulty with sexual performance decreased from 27 percent to 12 percent.

Although the number of men in the study was small and limits the ability to draw conclusions, similar improvements in reported difficulty were seen in men, Binks said. The improvements include not wanting to be seen undressed, which declined from 31 percent to 10 percent; having little sexual desire, which dropped from 23 percent to 10 percent; and avoidance of sexual encounters, which fell from 19 percent to 5 percent. -

How does this topic effect you?
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 pm

I know that being fat has slowed down my censored life.
I just don't like my disgusting fat rolls being touched, and censored with the lights on is a definate no-no.
Losing weight will be a big plus for me.
Dolly

Postby Angel » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:51 pm

Luckily for me I don't have to worry about this but if I did it would definitely be a lights off affair.

I find when you lose weight you lose your inhibitions. censored becomes so much more interesting, enjoyable (you're letting yourself enjoy things rather than worry about what your partner is thinking of your body :oops: ) and lets face it you feel sexy (something I don't feel now).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Tas » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:13 am

I'm too [email protected] tired for censored at the monent anyway!! :lol:
But I am sure when over-weight it inhibits us in a lot of ways though.
I now have the energy but seem to be using it on working around the house renovating - ah well at least I can see something nice at the end of it LOL

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Groovychic » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:23 pm

I think it makes a definite difference! Even tho I have only lost a few cms around my tummy and stuff I feel much better about myself, hence the bikini top has come out of the draw to go swimming in now. I wouldn't go out in public with it but wearing it swimming here at home I feel much sexier, which in turn has lead to more censored more often!!!! HHHMMM now I feel like I am being crude! And my partner likes the bikini top lots. :lol: I don't look quite so bad in bathers anymore and if someone else saw me in bathers it wouldn't worry me quite so much. :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby frumpy07 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:29 am

My thing is if he wants to sleep with you then make sure its worth the while- for both of you. Especially in a committed relationship, they love you for you and that includes the rolls.
At the moment Im seeing someone and yes we have done "it". Who cares if the lights are on (as long as its not blinding).... and I certainly dont mind getting on top and having my roll in full view.... by then hes way too excited and enjoying everything to care if he can see cellulite on my thighs or how many tummy rolls I have. And even after the event I dont quickly dive for the doona.... I relax and enjoy it all!!

Get that confidence girls..... it is soooo worth it!! :wink:
[/url]

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES, BUT CAKE WON'T HEAL WHAT HURTS YOU.
frumpy07

Postby Dolly » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:57 am

I envy your confidence.
My husband says he doesn't mind me being fat, he loves me anyway I happen to be, it's just something in my own head that makes me not want him to see me that way. I used to be a fashion model for 11 years and seeing how I have now become makes it hard for me to face.
Which is probably good because now I can work harder at getting thinner. My husband actually commented on how I look a little thinner and that made me happy and it's so encouraging too.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:06 pm

my bloke is the only guy I have ever felt comfortable nakie in front of. He always said I was sexy etc, but now I've lost a bit of weight, he REALLY likes it - especially as it hasn't come off my boobs, mostly my bum and tummy :roll:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Angel » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:44 pm

I think I was misunderstood.

The partners I have had have always loved me for me, whatever package I've come in. The problem lies with me and how I feel about my body.

When I'm overweight I'm self conscious so when I can't hide my body with clothes I feel really, really uncomfortable, I'm disgusted by my body so surely anyone else that sees it would feel the same. I know its not the case at all but thats how I feel, hence the lights off.

When I'm happy with my weight I feel totally different.

Hope that cleared things up :D
[/url]
Angel

Postby frumpy07 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:31 am

Angel, I do know what you mean and where you are coming from. But for me, I do feel uncomfortable at the moment. I have put on weight and I dont feel comfortable in my clothes because I can just see the bulges etc. But the thing with me is, for some reason I really dont care in the bedroom. Sure there are times when if the guy was to rub his hand over my tummy, I instinctively suck in so he cant feel how big it may be but I dont know... I guess Im there for a good time so I make sure it is :wink:
But Dolly, your husband loves you for who you are. When you took your vows did you not include "for richer or poorer, whether your fat or skinny?" :) Love is the best thing because you can see past the other persons things that they dont like about themselves... you fall in love with the total package that that person comes in. Maybe you should go to the Lingerie Factory in Freo (or somewhere like that but I know they have all sizes there) and buy a sexy outfit and suprise your husband... even put a couple of candles in the room and if the need be just pretend that is 11 years ago and you know you are the hottest thing.
Im still trying to lose weight and get back on track with my thinking, eating and exercise but thats for me and my health and feeling more comfortable in my clothes and in my skin. The guy has met me like I am now, likes me for who I am now so he gets to have me like I am right now.
[/url]

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES, BUT CAKE WON'T HEAL WHAT HURTS YOU.
frumpy07

Postby Dolly » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:58 am

Thanks Rebekah, I rarely leave the house now because of my chemical pneumonia (if I smell tobacco smoke on anyone I get a severe lung infection) So buying sexy lingerie is out for me, plus saving for kids uni fees and weddings is leaving us with no spare money to spend on things other than the bills. I guess living with this constant pain also adds to my dislike of my body.
Don't get me wrong I don't reject my husbands advances, I just don't like the jelly rolls when they do get touched.
I know now that I'm losing weight with the forum I will feel better with each passing week.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:05 am

I think for all of us is that we are all our own worst enemies! As for the censored, yes I guess when you are thinner you throw caution to the wind more, but men don't really mind how many fat rolls we all have. They love us for who we are. And if they didn't like what they were seeing, I really feel they would either say something or leave. I know my partner would definitely say something. And he doesn't mind what I look like. And I think you will find most men are like that. It really is the personality. I guess if you are single and don't have much confidence, then attracting someone would be difficult. If you don't like yourself very much, then you can't expect others to like you either. Well that is my thinking anyway. Being overweight is annoying and frustrating, but it certainly isn't going to make the world end tomorrow! My motto has always been "don't worry about the small stuff". If I start to stress then I think to myself, well is this really worth worrying about and getting grumpy about? Most of the times it's not. So just be happy with who you are. I think most of us will realise we are all sexy little vegemites when it comes down to it. And you know what makes us sexy??? Our smiles, that are big enough to brighten our eyes! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Fairie » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:24 pm

You are so right groovychic it's all in the eyes and I'm too exhausted at the moment to even think about censored. :roll:

When you have a husband/ partner who loves all of you no matter what shape, size or form you are you feel so special that you tend not to be too self concious about those extra rolls ect. That is called love making. :wink:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby mediinfoguy » Mon May 01, 2006 2:05 pm

personally, i would like that both the girl and guy should be physically appealing and attractive to enjoy and have great censored. :) since there is a lot of physical exercise involved too. Being obese can lead to a lot of problems and one does not enjoy the act as you are "weighed" down .
Hence, loosing weight is not only essential for censored but for the system too as obesity in general leads to a lot of problems.
More on obesity read here http://www.medicow.com/topics/Obesity
mediinfoguy

Postby KimE » Mon May 01, 2006 7:51 pm

My hubby thinks I'm as sexy anything no matter what my shape so it helps me to feel sexy so definitely lights on thanks. However, I know he is enjoying the weight loss and I have more energy too.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Health and Beauty