I have always gotten mouth ulcers, usually once every 3 to 4 months, if i am lucky 1 every 6 months and usually last anything from 1 week to 1 month. But lately i have been getting them really really bad and don't know why,
I now have a prescription paste to help get rid of them when they get bad so they aren't around for as long but i need to find out what causes them and how to prevent them.
I currently have 3 ulcers in my mouth at the moment which is making it very hard to eat properly, i can't have things like tomato sauce at the moment cause it stings so much. I have now not been ulcer free for about 1.5 months! Last week i had 3 across the my bottom lip on the inside, as soon as they started to heal up one on my tongue popped up and two on my gums. (and eating this banana right now kinda hurts the tongue one)
I have been told causes are the following:
1) lack of sleep - i get 8 to 9 hours per night so that can't be it
2) Don't clean your teeth enough - i brush my teeth everyday and most days twice a day (i don't want to briush the anamel off by brushing much more)
3) not eating enough fruit & veg - i always eat at least 2 peices of fruit per day and definately get my 5 veg!
4) stress - i use to believe this one because they did come around the same time (especialy toiwards the end of my last job) but i have not been stressing these past 2 months! They have been fairly cruisy.
5) not enough vitamin B or Vitamin C - took both vitamins for a while and still got Ulcers
Anyone got any theories or suggestions?