It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:18 am

Free Newsletter

Eyelash extensions

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Eyelash extensions

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:13 pm

I just booked in to get lash extensions this Saturday (intro offer of $80 normally $120). I'm really excited! Anyone else have them done?
Lush Gal

Re: Eyelash extensions

Postby Shalimar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:43 pm

No, but let us know how it goes as it is something I have thought about doing later when I have lost more weight :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:23 pm

I'll take a before and after pic and post it! I've been looking on the web and they look awesome - the beautician that I'm going to said you can still wear mascara with these ones too, just be gentle taking it off (and use a non oil remover). I'm so excited. I just started having my nails re-done (Bio Gel), got a facial, a hair cut n colour and had my wedding bands resized to fit my fatty fingers (hadn't worn them since I'd gained weight, so that was two years!).

I used to always say "oh, I'll get them resized / treat myself to nails / facial / haircut & colour done when I'm at goal" - so I always started my weightloss journey really depressed and feeling frumpy and deprived. Now, aside from the 20 or so kgs to lose, I feel really good! I'm so much more motivated this time and determined just to do it, no more talking about it!
Lush Gal

Postby Shalimar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:16 pm

You sound a bit like me Lush, I have promised myself different things a long the way, my first being when I hit 100 kgs.
I have been thinking about getting my eyelashes done and hair cut along with a couple of other goodies. I figure it gives me something to aim for and keeps morale high :D .

Shalimar

Postby Shalimar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:17 pm

Oh yeah and I forgot, I would love to see some before and after piccies If you don't mind posting them :) .

Shalimar

Postby curvygirl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:00 pm

I cant wait to see the photos. Do you have to keep getting them replaced as your lashes fall out :?:
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Lush Gal » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:35 pm

Well I had them done just over a fortnight ago and they were AMAZING! Without mascara or any eye make up, it looked as though I had lined my top lid, curled my lashes and had two coats of mascara on! With mascara (just a touch) they were head turning.

But .... unfortunately a few days after getting them done I got a cold - no big deal, until it turned into a major case of conjuntivitis and four days in hospital! Eye ulcerations etc. Apparently (and I asked every surgeon!) the lashes had nothing to do with it. They were treating a middle aged man with the exact same symptoms and they assured me he had never had so much as mascara on his lashes! :)

I will definitely get them done again. The week or so I had to enjoy them (they all fell off during my hospital visit with the constant drops, cleaning and patching) they were great! I use mineral foundation (Youngblood range) and I literally was ready for work wih a "full face" of make-up in two-three minutes!

I also forgot to take before and after pics, but if you google eyelash extensions there are tonnes of pics on the net.

PS - I'm home from hospital and all better now, just awaiting a final check up at the eye clinic on Tuesday. I can't wait to be able to war make-up again, and not have to o four hourly eye drops! Yes, I am that vain! :)
Lush Gal

Postby Shalimar » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:48 pm

First off all I'm sorry to hear about your hospitalisation, that would have had to suck big time. I hope you are back on top of it and feeling better.

The eyelashes sound grand as I mentioned previously it is something I have thought of doing as a treat for myself later, I will still do it but your experience does make me think twice.

Take care and get better quickly, Sue :D .

Shalimar

Postby Lush Gal » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:56 pm

I was really worried that they were related to the infection but the doctors assured me that if it was a) viral, I would've had it within 24 hours instead of ten days, and b) bacterial, it would've emerged within an hour.

The difference they made were amazing - so much quicker getting ready for work!
Lush Gal

Return to Health and Beauty