It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:24 pm

Free Newsletter

FINGERNAILS

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

FINGERNAILS

Postby curvygirl » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:31 pm

I have just taken off my acrylic nails. My nails look terrible as I suspected they would and would love to know your secrets to restore them to their former selves.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Re: FINGERNAILS

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:37 am

I've never had experience of removing acrylic nails, but I have very weak and brittle nails so maybe my experience in that department can help! I use nail strengthening solutions that you can find at any pharmacy. Just look in the nail care area for different hardening lacquers and nail polishes. I find the nail strengthening creams are rubbish and do nothing, but there are several types of nail polish that help stop my nails from splitting or flaking. I usually use the Sally Hansen 'Diamond Strength' line, but there are quite a few brands to choose from these days.

Good luck. I hope your nails don't take too long to recover.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby electrongirl » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:42 am

I had the same thing happen to me after I took mine off. I used complete care hand & nail cream on them everyday (about 4-5 times a day) for a while and they are now back to normal. It takes a while for them to heal as they have had quite a few layers taken off.

I won't ever get acrylics again after that.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby qtpie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:21 pm

i had my nails done 3 times, my nails used to grow quite well then i started cutting them back for work, then i started getting falsies put on and ever sinse then they had never been the same, to restore them takes time, i kept getting ridges in them and they would grow all bumpy, it's been almost a year sinse I have last had them done and they have only just come back to normal, I found cutting them back as usuing a nail treatment syuch as calcuim nail poilish or sally hansen nail treatment, wihch helps your nails grow it's in a green bottlem the best thing for our nails is time unfortunatly
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg
qtpie

Postby glam1 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Time and cuticle oil. Even just massaging plain old olive oil into the cuticle daily. Handcream rubbed into the cutile
glam1

Return to Health and Beauty