It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:47 am

Free Newsletter

Plus Size Clothing....

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Plus Size Clothing....

Postby Mogget » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:54 am

Kivalin.com.au - they don't have a huge range but I like what they have. they are aussie and ship really fast.
I never thought I would witness the destruction of a Universe whilst carrying a naked merchant banker...

Mogget

Postby qtpie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:07 pm

they look nice but I would have to try them on, I'm fussy about my cloths, i am sick of looking at the hidious and expensive cloths that they have for plus size women, I go to traget and i look and the normal jeans $40 and the plus size jeans are $60 in target, what the? that is descrimination, i reakon, it sucks!
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg
qtpie

Postby Daisybeck » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Replying late to this thread...

What really cheeses me off are a few things. Like qtpie mentioned above - price differences. Why does Kmart charge $6 for a tank top in a regular size, but charge me $10 to $12 for a tank top in a larger size?

Also the designs in shops like Kmart and Target. It's like they are designing clothes to make you look even bigger than what you are. They either billow out over the bust making you look 9 months preggers or they gather in at the waist and flair out below the bust - again making you look preggers. Most of the designs are shapeless and the designers don't seem to recognise that larger ladies might like clothes that are a better cut so we can show off our curves.

Or else you find a nice top that is flattering and looks nice but has a tiny little bust area designed to cover the boobs of a little size 8 lady.
Daisybeck

Postby Akasha » Tue May 18, 2010 5:00 pm

hi

torrid.com

they have some nice stuff but expensive :?
Akasha

Postby FatFukShrinking » Tue May 18, 2010 6:36 pm

I loathe plus size clothing! I hate shopping for clothes because i can never find anything that looks good.

I don't want to wear something that has my breasts spilling out of the top. I don't want to wear something like a potato sack, i don't want to wear something with a hideous print. What is up with the "fat prints" ? Just because you are fat, they start making clothing in disgusting prints lol.

I don't want to pay $80 for a top or skirt. I don't want bare arms - i have batwings and stretch marks on my arms. Why are there no nice plus size things with 3/4 sleeves? Some plus size ladies have nice arms, not all of them do. Exposed batwings aren't pretty. I've always got to get a little bolero or jacket or something to cover my arms. I hate wearing so many layers of clothing, but it's the only way i can hide things and feel comfy.

When i lose weight i will be looking forward to wearing some stuff i actually like, instead of settling for the office type look. I wear plain dark colour A line skirts, and plain button up, collared, 3/4 length blouses, usually with a cardigan or bolero on the outside. It's boring and people always think i have just come from work.

I want to wear a dress one day, even though i will always have to cover my arms. My neck is a problem area too, i have fat rolls and creases in it. This is another reason i loathe wearing anything without a collar, and i hate wearing necklaces because it draws attention to my neck.

Vent over lol

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Carley » Thu May 20, 2010 9:38 pm

http://www.sarafashion.com.au/default.aspx

They have nice stuff, I have a couple of other sites if you want them :)
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby Carley » Thu May 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby FatFukShrinking » Fri May 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Lol wow i was frustrated when i wrote my reply. I should also add that i'm not in a city area, so my choices are Millers, Big W, target and shops like that. Thanks for the links, i will check it out. I am scared to order online because i am so fussy i need to try things on. I guess if it doesn't fit i could always sell it on ebay lol.

:D

SW: 121.3kg - 20/04/2010
First Goal: 109 kilos (Losing 10% of my body weight)
Second Goal: 99 kilos (Getting out of triple digits)
Third goal: 85 kilos (Getting back to a weight where i felt more like ME)
Ultimate long term goal: 60 kilos (Losing half of my start weight)
FatFukShrinking

Postby Louise(: » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:53 am

It is an expensive shop but Big City Chic have some really beautiful clothes and they are all designed in flattering cuts. They are also of good quality and they will last alot longer than clothes from cheaper stores so in the end it is worth spending the money beause if theres one thing that irritates me about being plus size is that the seems and materials seem to wear away alot quicker than they should. Like with black leggings that i like to wear to the gym, i used to buy them from target or big W or even jay jays or valleygirl when i could get a size but id be back buying another pair within a month. the ones from city chic have lasted me over 6 months and theyre still in great condition.

Its annoying and time consuming but i really do think your best bet of finding flattering clothes is to know your body shape and understand what shapes and cuts are flattering and unflattering then shopping around in as many different shops as you can, trying on as many outfits as you can until you find something you love. And dont be scared to go into shops that dont stock your size because sizing is so all over the place and unreliable these days, i often find something really nice in a 14 or a 16 (which i am most definately not) that fits really well.
Louise(:

Postby Louise(: » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:16 am

I also forgot to mention Crossroads... its a pretty cheap shop stocking averae sized clothes right upto size 26 im pretty sure! They have alot of stuff im not into but they also have alot of really nice clothes. Guess it just depends wat style your after..
Louise(:

Postby kate28 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:01 am

Louise(: wrote:It is an expensive shop but Big City Chic have some really beautiful clothes and they are all designed in flattering cuts. They are also of good quality and they will last alot longer than clothes from cheaper stores so in the end it is worth spending the money beause if theres one thing that irritates me about being plus size is that the seems and materials seem to wear away alot quicker than they should. Like with black leggings that i like to wear to the gym, i used to buy them from target or big W or even jay jays or valleygirl when i could get a size but id be back buying another pair within a month. the ones from city chic have lasted me over 6 months and theyre still in great condition.

I love City Chic but I don't find that they're that good of quality for the price. I brought a $90 top from there with had ruffles on it, I wore it for one night, and found that they had become unstiched in places. A few tops from there have done similar things. Although their jeans and jackets are great quality. Just not too keen on the quality of the tops.

SW: 103.6 kg (started 8/11/10)
G1: 98 kg (achieved 13/12/10)
G2: 93.6 kg
GW: 75 kg (will reassess once I reach it)
kate28

Return to Health and Beauty