It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:40 am

Free Newsletter

false eyelashes

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

false eyelashes

Postby glam1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:55 pm

omg i finally wore my falsies today - sexy mama i loved it. I straighen my hair , put the face on and then the falsie what a difference!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D I'm addicted.
glam1

Re: false eyelashes

Postby qtpie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:04 pm

I have pretty good eye lashes already but I would still loe to try them, my BF tells me that I don't need to wear them but I still want to try them but they all look too dark i donb't want to look too dark, do the dark ones still look good? what did you use?
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg
qtpie

Postby glam1 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:46 pm

The black spikey ones look great on ! they just accentuate your own lashes and you can take them off and reuse them. I got mine from bf beauties.com for like 10 x$3. They dont have to look dark just use a pale beige or pink eyeshadow the lashes then a thin! dark eyeliner.
glam1

Postby sarahm » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:12 am

hi-sounds great, but do they ever kind of fall-off leaving you walking round with lashes just hanging there? would love to try them-but scared of this!!
sarahm

Postby Louise(: » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:41 am

Hay ladies! Just a thought that yous might be interested in... there are serums available nowa days that stimulate natural eyelash growth. Theyre not all that common in Australia but if u get a decent brand then they are quite effective.

Im a makeup artist and i personally HATE fake eyelashes, theyre uncomfortable, they look fake, YES they do fall off sometimes at very inconvenient times and ive known quite a few of girls to have their eye area swell up and /or become very irritated because of a bad reaction to the glue. Also they are very difficult to apply to yourself perfectly as you need to have your eye closed, which is inconvenient.

Anyway these serums generally work to prevent you from losing eyelashes.. The growth cycle of eyelashes is very different to the average hair type on other areas of your body. Within 3 months the eyelashes you have now will have fallen out and been replaced with new ones. Each individual lash is at a different stage of the cycle obviously or they would all fall out at once. If you regularly apply the serum they lengthen the cycle so that your lashes will grow considerably longer before falling out. Because you're not losing them as frequently they will also be alot fuller because you will have more lashes at a time.

Your lashes will look natural, feel natural and you can apply mascara as usual. The only side effect u would have would be the same as a reaction to the glue from the falsies, however it is less likely because the serum is formulated specifically to be applied to delicate skin every day where as glue is not intended to be applied frequently at all.

The Serums cost anywhere between 50 and 150 but if u add up how much you would spend on decent fake eyelashes to wear them regularly it almost balances out. If your interested look them up online it is probably the easiest place to get them. I know that myers has one great brand available in store but i cant remember the name of it right now.
Louise(:

Return to Health and Beauty