It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Free Newsletter

spray tan??? have you ever had one??

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

spray tan??? have you ever had one??

Postby sarahm » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:58 am

hi all. just wondering if anyone out there has had a spray tan? how do they do it? can i get 'all' of me done? is it expensive? how long does it last? and will i go bright orange? just would love to cover up some veins and dimples and stretchmarks..lol you get the picture!!would love to hear your experiences. :)
sarahm

Re: spray tan??? have you ever had one??

Postby Samantha Jean » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:22 am

They do everything and these days you don't go orange, just don't pick a colour that is way too dark for you. They will help you decide anyway but it is well worth it. Only lasts up to 2 weeks but it slowly fades so you don't get blotches of skin with colour & blotches without like we use to. So much better than sun tanning & these days can barely tell the difference. Not too expensive, I think between $20 & $50 depending where you go. Definitely covers up imperfections & somehow makes you look thinner too. Just can get expensive if you do it all the time like every 2 weeks, great for parties and functions.
Samantha Jean

Postby sarahm » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:30 pm

hi-thanks for answering my question-and the best of luck for your weight-loss journey. :)
sarahm

Postby qtpie » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:46 pm

no blotchs!!! awsome that is what I would have been scared of coz thats what happens with the bottle tans I want to get one now!!!! i'm gonna do it yay not scared of them any more, yay!
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg
qtpie

Postby sarahm » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:08 am

me tooo..reckon a spray tan will cover all manner of 'sins'..lol. lets do it!! :)
sarahm

Postby court » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:00 am

I had one on FRIDAY!!! woooo!!
If i could post pictures I would... I am prob going to have friends email me pics from the weekend so I can forward them on but I got sooo many compliments I am going to get another one THIS Friday! hahaha...
I have never had one before and found it a little incy bit confronting standing there in my undies (no bra) but after the initial awkward boobs out bit I was fine haah and the TAN is well worth it! Couldnt recommend it enough!!
I am still pretty brown - trying to exfoliate and moisturise though so I can get one again on Friday :D
court

Postby qtpie » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:34 am

so if you exfoliate the tan fades? or doe it go blotchy? still scared lol not about having my boobs out tough they pro and woud have seen it all before

FAILED

qtpie

Postby court » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:14 pm

hmmm i dont know i am still really brown! though i did just notice it is starting to "crack" iykwim?
so i need to exfoliate and moisturise when i get home!! Hope i dont go blotchy eek I need to back up with the tan this friday!
Yeah awkward for one minute then you realise she has seen it all before :lol:
court

Postby sarahm » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:31 am

sounds great court! so does it look weird with brown bod-not so brown face? so want to have a try! sooon i hope! :)
sarahm

Postby court » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:21 am

My face was done too!!! Just a light spray - but I had to top it up with make up - i need to see some photos of my weekend my girlfriends have been slack posting them on FB haha :lol:
court

Postby Samantha Jean » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Hey Court. How much did yours cost? Sounds like it turned out nicely.

Yeah it is usually very dark when you leave & you have to be careful for the night... they tell you not to wear bra or undies (if you went all over) under your pjs to bed or shower till the next day. It is still settling in and washes off the next day.

They normally do a light spray over your face but normally your face is lighter than your body naturally anyway so it looks right. Very important to exfoliate well before you go so that it takes to your skin better, obviously if you have dry spots the colour will take to those areas a lot more.

They have seen it all before so it is ok. Have you seen the ones like on the movie bridewars where you go into the little booth & the machine does it evenly everywhere and no-one sees you... that would be great... then you could do all over without feeling embarrassed.

If you are hesitant just give it a go, it will wear off in a couple of weeks anyway and if something happens (I'm sure that it won't) you can wear long pants or something to cover it until it fades. Lemon juice helps fade areas that are too dark too. Most people love it & it is so much healthier than laying out in the sun.
Samantha Jean

Postby court » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:15 am

only cost me $19!! she had a special on so I booked a few in advance :D I am getting another one on Friday night! woo! I think it is usually $30
Yup with my one it was an 8 hour tan so left in a singlet no bra and some shorts, no undies and it developed over the night the next morning I was BLACK! woo! Then showered and it looked much better :D
I have had a BOOTH one done too - it was good but nowhere near as good coverage as getting the proper one and it cost $35 - i wouldnt recommend the booths i think nothing beats having someone put it directly on you as they can see where they missed!!
court

Postby Boodi and LJ's Mummy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Just another quick little tip if you are going for a spray tan......... dont use spray deoderant before you get it done as it will mix when the tan goes on and your skin sort of turns a greenish colour :shock: You dont realise it but when you spray the deoderant it ends up in all sorts of places on your body even if you just try to direct it under your arms. I hope this helps! Stick to using a roll on on the day or go without if you can handle it....
Boodi and LJ's Mummy

Postby qtpie » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:26 pm

Boodi and LJ's Mummy wrote:Hi everyone,

Just another quick little tip if you are going for a spray tan......... dont use spray deoderant before you get it done as it will mix when the tan goes on and your skin sort of turns a greenish colour :shock: You dont realise it but when you spray the deoderant it ends up in all sorts of places on your body even if you just try to direct it under your arms. I hope this helps! Stick to using a roll on on the day or go without if you can handle it....

would roll on make you go green too or should I just not risk it?

FAILED

qtpie

Postby court » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:21 am

I have worn both and neither seemed to affect the tan in a green way... I have spray deo on today and Im going for a tan at 5pm...maybe if you put it on right before it isnt a good idea?
court

Next

Return to Health and Beauty