It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:03 am

Free Newsletter

Question about my mineral make up

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Question about my mineral make up

Postby qtpie » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:37 pm

ok so I bought this mineral makeup which was suposed to be great, the sales people said that it was supposed to improve the quality of your skin and reduce pimples, they said all ths other great stuff, but it's not so great it irritates my skin (that's not improving the quality of my skin) made my skin all dry and rough, it doen't do anything they told me it does (that mean I'm intital to a refund, I checked there refund policy).

I looked over the ingredients and it contains; Mica, Titantium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide and Iron Oxide, it only conains those 4 ingredients, now I don't know much about ingedience but i know zinc and iron is good, but the wrods that get me are 'dioxide' and 'oxide' that to me sounds like a chemicle and they told me it was all natural and chemicle free, if anyone seems to know better then me about hese ingredients please le me know, coz to me it sounds shifty.
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg
qtpie

Re: Question about my mineral make up

Postby kris » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:05 pm

Those ingredients are minerals - i just checked. I just checked my mineral make up ingredients and i have Titanium dioxide which is the only active ingredient - it gives the sun protection. And inactive ingredients bismuth oxychloride, titanium dioxide, mica, iron oxides.
I love my mineral make up but if u had a reaction - I would take it back! I know zinc is good for pimples / acne so it should help ... but i guess everyone reacts differently.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGvCuHz/]
kris

Postby Shay » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:07 pm

I use bare escentuals I.D mineral makeup, it is awesome. I'm not a makeup person, so i just brush on a bit of foundation or blush for about 30 seconds and im good to go. I've never heard of people reacting to it either. Definitely take yours back, and try mine if you can (just try it in the store first to check if you react).
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby qtpie » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:24 pm

the problem with me reacing to anything is that I won't know i'll have a reaction until weeks or even months of using the product, so whatever I buy I won't know if I'll react to it just afte one use, but i use the product for a while then i'll know, I was thinking of trying nude by nature, does anyone use that product? if i react to one I might react to all, thats what I fear
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg
qtpie

Postby Akasha » Tue May 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Shay wrote:I use bare escentuals I.D mineral makeup, it is awesome. I'm not a makeup person, so i just brush on a bit of foundation or blush for about 30 seconds and im good to go. I've never heard of people reacting to it either. Definitely take yours back, and try mine if you can (just try it in the store first to check if you react).

i use this make up to and its incredibly good - tried the mabeline one and hated it and went back to the bare escentuals
Akasha

Return to Health and Beauty