It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Darn acne

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:00 pm

It doesn't work out too expensive, Kate.. cos they say it's an 8 week supply but it usually lasts me at least 10 weeks.. You could also try ebay?
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:21 pm

what would i need to get? some packs have three items in them others have more?
kate_turner2000

Postby Aquagirl » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:40 pm

you know, I saw it heaps too on TV and thought stuff it, I will try it. And haven't looked back. It really suits my skin type.
Aquagirl

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:26 pm

You'd just need to get the Renewing Cleanser, Revitalising Toner and Repairing Lotion.
Don't worry about the rest of the stuff :) The Repairing Lotion lasts for soooooooo long (I think I took about 4-5 months to get through one), the Toner lasts for a decent amount of time too, lasted me at least 3 months) and the Cleanser is pretty good too and lasted a good 10 weeks.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby zoeh » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:38 pm

the routine suggested on http://www.acne.org is similar to proactive (using benzoyl peroxide) and much cheaper

You can get a tube of Benzac AC with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide for about $12 then you need a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil which is about $8 and a oil free moisturiser, probably around $15 depending on what brand. Get it all from the chemist.

There are so many people who have tried the routine suggested and have seen fantastic results. There are posts with pictures showing an improvement.

I wouldnt waste my money on proactive, every time it runs out I would have to order it again. Going down to the chemist down the street is much easier and the products are not very harsh and they work.

Often when people have acne they over wash and touch their faces and over scrub trying to get rid of it but this irritates your skin and can make it much much worse.

I spent about $2,000 on microdermabrasion, a course of 6 facials on 3 seperate occasions with different products, a range of different lotions, cleansers, retin-a and seriously i found such a difference with a basic routine that is not too harsh.
zoeh

Postby Iwillbefit » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:58 pm

Try visiting the vogue magazine forums - there are so many people there who have similar problems and try lots of different things to help their acne. Who knows, there might be someone who's had a similar problem to yours and may suggest something for you to try?
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:40 pm

You don't have to reorder Proactiv. It gets reordered for you automatically every 8 weeks. But you can ring up and get that changed to however long you need, and ring up and request specific dates n stuff!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:05 pm

well i dumped the avon lol and now have mary kay stuff lol at 170 for the kit (cleanser, moisturieser , night cream day cream, mask ) and has helped heaps . It was my reward for loss and being good lol
its great stuff
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Flame » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:05 pm

Proactive rocks. I dont have acne anymore but still use it cos it makes my skin lovely!

I used neomedrol when i had serious acne. Its from the doctor and is really good. Its this weird lotion, fricken stinks lol
101 here i come!!!!Image
Flame

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:57 am

because of my pcos i get lots of acne but im pretty good with covering it up! my teenage years were hell and i can just see heidi getting it too. id seen the dr about it and he just said to use chemist stuff like clearisil and so on- doesnt he know i had tried everything on the shelf! sheesh!! damn hormones!
kate_turner2000

Postby tess88 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:23 am

Gosh acne is terrible!! I had it all through high school and I used to wear lots of make up to cover it up too! Which made it worse! Another cycle. Haha just like eating bad food makes us put on weight!! My doctor and I tried a number of presciption tablets combined with the pill, a gel called differin and when none of these worked I was reffered to a Dermatologist and have been on Roaccutane since July 06. It was the best decision I haveever made and although the side effects are terrible, the benefits definately outweigh the effects! My dermatologist told me to wear as little make up as possible and eliminate caffiene, sugar and saturated fat from my diet. He also recommended I use cetaphil for a cleanser which I find is the best ive ever used!!Pimples make you feel awful about yourself and u have to zap them very quickly!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8skjZ/]
[/url]
tess88

Postby Aquagirl » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:35 pm

Oh Tess I just couldn't cope with the side effects of Roaccutane. I was on it for 9 months and getting so where. My eyes used to get so dry and the skin on the rest of body was so dry it hurt. I am glad its working for you, expensive too huh?
Aquagirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:43 am

hushpuppy wrote:LOL at forgetting . I atm have the implant in my arm due to get it out mid december . I have had it for the last three years (or will in dec . For me its convinent i have a memory like a seive would forget not that it matters being single n all . i might have a chat to the doc about yasmin when i go in dec . Thanks for the heads up dude . Hormones i hate them mine a very up and down (not helping the dpression side of stuff)
Cheers Jules

I am also on Implanon and I fould I did get a few more pimples than usual which I am attributing to it.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Lolly » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:55 am

I swear by Proactiv.

As a teen I had the worst acne ever (I have slight scaring under my chin and on my shoulders from it still) and wished they had it then. I spent time on antibiotics and the smelly cream someone mentioned up there ^^^^ - sure it worked well BUT I hate taking pills.

When my daughter started getting bad acne we tried everything - even went the route of putting her on the pill - only to discover it triggers depression in her too :cry:

I went and got proactiv as a last resort and it worked beautifully. I use it too now and even though I don't have much of a problem with acne now, my skin is just gorgeous from it.

Hard to believe the kid below had sever acne only 3 months before this pic was taken

Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 am

I'm with you Lolly - I absolutely swear by it! As someone who has worn makeup to cover my horrible skin since I was 11, it's sooo good to walk out of the face with just tinted moisturiser, or nothing at all clogging up my pores!! Proactiv has given me my confidence back!! I never thought it would work this well either, because like you I'd tried things from the doctors, things from the chemist and supermarket, even used the expensive Dermalogica products, but nothing worked!!

And your daughter is absolutely gorgeous!!!
zeedeveelgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Health and Beauty