It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:59 am

Free Newsletter

Johnson's Holiday Skin

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Johnson's Holiday Skin

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:54 am

Does anyone else use this moisturiser? I've been using it for a couple of weeks, and I think my skin is getting a wee-bit more tanned looking.. And it's quite cheap, got two bottles for the price of one at the supermarket the other day, only a couple of bucks!

Plus, my skin is really soft and I love it!

Moisturising my body is one of those things I always thought I would have no need to do until I was skinny.. but hell, I like the feel of my skin being soft, and who else should I be worrying about really?

It's a nice little post-shower ritual I have now, quite relaxing, and I have DEFINITELY noticed the difference!
Mandie

Postby slimmindown » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:58 am

Mandie I have used that cream, I find after about 3 applications I can see the difference, but no matter how careful I was I still looked a bit streaky. I do go back to it every now and again and use other moisturiser in between so I dont get too dark for my coloring(very fair) :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:33 pm

ooh okay I will watch out for that!

I have naturally olive-ish skin so it's not making a HUGE difference to me, although I swear I can see the difference on my stomach and chest where it was pasty white before for always hiding under my clothes!
Mandie

Postby SarahC » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:02 pm

I have used the one by Neutrogena, which is similar I think. That did go a little streaky, and because I have very inflexible arms, I developed quite a strange pattern on my shoulders - I suddenly changed colour coinciding with how far my hands could reach :lol:

I also found that it sweated off quite easily, particularly around the tops of the socks. I had a nice white ring around my ankles!

I have decided that the best way is to roast in a solarium, or out in the sun... or just stay white :(
SarahC

Postby Tina » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:13 pm

Be careful that you don't go orange. I used it for a while, but I never really had any problems with streaking. I just noticed one day that I had turned slightly orange, and I have olivey skin too.

The orange is especially noticeable around the wrists and ankles, and a bit on the knees. I stopped using it at that point.
Tina

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:38 pm

sounds like too much hassle to me! lol. rather be white i think and i wouldnt get a spray tan because i dont want the beautician to see me in just my undies lol. my mother in law told me how she recently had one *shudder*
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:47 pm

I had a spray tan earlier this year. I had to stand there in just a disposable g-string, nothing else :shock: It was either that or risk staining my brand new bikini. Not the most comfortable thing ever, but the beautician was very "no-nonsense" and gave me a very wierd look when I hesitated about taking off my top. I would have felt pretty silly if I didn't do it :?

Won't try it again as it just sweats straight off me with the amount of excercise I do... waste of money :(
SarahC

Postby ~Ash~ » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:03 am

yeah, i used the johnson's holiday skin for normal to dark skin since i have olive skin.. it worked well and was the same colour as my natural tan so it looked really good.. but then after using it for about 2 months my skin decided to become allergic to it so now if i use it i break out in excema (spelling?) and hives.. lol..
lucky it's summer now so i have a real tan from the beach anyways..
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby Jisgone » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:58 am

tanning is bad!! :P stay white!
(but ask me again in a week when im not burnt)
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:02 am

heheehe

hey sarah when you had your spray tan done, did you have to exfoliate beforehand? what are the 'rules' guidelines' for spray tanning at salons?
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:26 am

Hi Mandie, Johnson's products are very good aren't they?
I use johnsons baby oil as my over all moisturiser, people always ask me why I look 20 years younger than my peers, I'd say it's the J.B.O.
I'll definitely go buy some of that Johnsons Holiday Skin it would be nice to look a little tanned this year :D
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:52 pm

I've used it and my sister uses it....just make sure you exfoliate before applying, otherwise it goes streaky. Just get a pair of the shower 'scrub glove' thingies.

The Dove Body Glow is practically the same as the Johnsons Holiday Skin but it has an anti-streaking agent in it, so worth a try.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby SarahC » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:08 am

Hi Kate... I don't think they would force you to exfoliate your skin beforehand, but I'd say it would be better if you did :)
SarahC

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:01 pm

I've never been big on tanning myself either jewels.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Magic Tan

Postby Jenni » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:13 pm

I always get my tanning done in a spray booth. You just step inside this windowed booth, shut the door. Then you have to pose in 4 positions (so the tan goes everywhere). It takes 30 seconds and lasts 2 weeks. It doesnt sweat off either. I had a white dress on my wedding day and I had the tan applied two days before hand and there's no sign of it on my dress (it was a 38 degree day too!)

Im not sure how widely available it is, but my local salon in north perth has one, and id be happy to let anyone know where it is if your interested. It costs anywhere between 30 and 45 dollars and if your really white like me its better you have one or two solarium visits before hand.

Jen
Jenni

Next

Return to Health and Beauty