It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:59 am

Free Newsletter

Home Made Green Tea Toner

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Home Made Green Tea Toner

Postby Phat-Beth » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:02 pm

I was at the health food store browsing the body care section, and saw a bottle of green tea toner. The ingredients were very simple, but the price was a little too much for me ($24 for a 6oz bottle?), especially considering all the green tea I have in my cabinet that I can no longer drink due to my thyroid disorder. Once home at my computer, a quick search told me what I already knew - it's very simple to make at home :)

Here is the recipe that I used -

4-5 Green Tea Bags (caffeinated - caffeine gets rid of puffiness around the eyes)
2 cups water
4 tablespoons Witch Hazel (available at any drug store for next to nothing if you don't insist on organic)

Boil the water, add the tea bags, make some really strong tea. Cool, pour into an appropriately sized bottle, and add Witch Hazel. To use, apply to a cotton ball and rub over the face after cleansing and before moisturizing.

Like I said it's ridiculously easy. I've been using it for a week, and it really helps with after-sun redness!

Beth
Last edited by CronicBadger on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spammy sig.
Phat-Beth

Re: Home Made Green Tea Toner

Postby hanney882 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:04 am

I really love green tea especially the smell of it. I love green tea products and I am fond of its natural scent. I find this post very interesting because I am a totally green tea lover. I will try to make this toner at home and I will keep you posted about this. Thanks.
hanney882

Return to Health and Beauty