It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Headaches

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Headaches

Postby SarahC » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:35 am

I have a great website for those of us who are headache/migraine sufferers... Headache Australia

They do heaps of research into the causes of headaches and migraines and provide advocacy and support for sufferers. They also accept donations and/or memberships.

Don't know about anyone else, but I find it very difficult to control what I eat when I have a headache. I think that the action of eating food is a distraction from the pain. Unfortunately the pain returns after I've finished eating :(

Anyway, hopefully there's some useful info on the site :wink:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:16 am

thanks sarah :)
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:19 pm

Wow intresting website- I always have craved sugary sweet food when I get an attack, I cant help myself its like I need the energy to deal with the pain- luckily I have not got as many in the past 12mths
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Chelle » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:36 am

Thanks sarah I will get my hubby to go on that site he suffer from a lot of headache's including miragaines almos every day dur to a car accident it's all got to do with his neck
Chelle

Postby talia11 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:55 pm

Oh thats awesome thanks much.... after CT scans and whatnot, I have been diagnosed with migranes..... how sucky.... will check it out!!!
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Re: Headaches

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:33 pm

[quote="SarahC"]
Don't know about anyone else, but I find it very difficult to control what I eat when I have a headache. quote]

Sarah I'm completely opposite. I suffer migraines on rare occasions but when I do they come with a vengeance. I have no energy to move, bright light hurts my eyes and any sudden movements causes unbelievable pain. So I can't eat, I guess that's a good thing :?

Thanks for the link will look into it and see what is recommended. Usually I just lie down and ride the pain until it's gone.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby bundy-mum » Tue May 01, 2007 10:39 pm

I used to suffer terribly from miagraines (needle in buttocks and 3 days in bed kind) at High School, many eons ago. Someone suggested getting my long thick straight hair cut off, so I did. Didn't help. Someone else suggested stop eating chocolate. It was hard but the day I did is the day they stopped. So for 7 yrs approx, no choc (not that it helped me with the weight). Now, I can eat white choc, hate dark and can eat samll amounts of milk choc. If I eat too much = bad headache, sometimes miagraine !
Hope this helps someone.
bundy-mum

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:05 am

very interesting bundy mum... its good that i can now put the two and two together
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Wed May 02, 2007 9:33 am

How interesting. I always heard about the chocolate/headache thing, but thought it was an old wives tale! That's great that you have found out your trigger :D

I always seem to crave chocolate when I have a headache LOL. And any other kind of comforting food as well. Of course I couldn't even think of eating or drinking if I had a migraine.... it would certainly come straight back up again!
SarahC

Postby Chelle » Wed May 02, 2007 4:01 pm

When my husband saw a chiroprator he push on the nerves pressure point on the back of his neck & he has not had a headach since that was a couple of weeks ago.
Chelle

Return to Health and Beauty