It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Free Newsletter

Accent Fat Reduction

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Accent Fat Reduction

Postby SarahC » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:37 am

I'm thinking about having this treatment to get rid of the annoying bulges that I have been left with after losing weight. They're pretty horrible looking, at the tops of my inner thighs and on the belly. I've had them ever since I can remember, regardless of my weight they will never go away :(

Anyway, I had an initial consultation on Friday and got the full goss. It is hugely expensive which is why the decision is so difficult. I'm looking at a minimum of $500 a month for three months, which is for one 45 min treatment once a week. But, it could go on past the three months if it takes longer to get the results. (It's still a lot cheaper than the quoted rate of $250 per half hour... I'd be paying $500 for three hours :o )

I'll keep updated with my decision. If I go ahead with it, I might be able to get some before and after pics posted on here, which would be cool.

Here's the info from http://www.laserfat.com.au if anyone's interested to read....

Non surgical body contouring and non invasive fat reduction with Accent.
At last, a truly non surgical, non invasive treatment for body contouring, skin tightening, cellulite reduction and fat removal.
The Accent RF (radio frequency) system can treat most areas of the body, including abdomen, thighs, face, neck and arms.

Non surgical Fat Reduction
If diet and exercise have failed to reduce areas of unwanted fat, then Accent non invasion treatment may provide the help you are looking for.
The treatment program is designed to improve body shape and remove unwanted fat from areas such as face and neck, upper arms, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, hips, knees, calves, ankles and male breasts. One of the major benefits over surgical procedures is that your body generates its own collagen, during and after the treatment for many months to come. This collagenesis tightens your skin and connective tissue, whilst increasing micro circulation and assisting with lymphatic drainage. Accent Fat Reduction is not a substitute for dieting and exercising, and it is not a weight loss procedure. It is extremely effective in removing fat and cellulite in areas that just do not respond to traditional weight reduction methods.

How is Accent non surgical fat reduction performed?
Using a combination of Bipolar and Unipolar radio frequency your area to be treated is heated to a therapuetic temperature range. A number of passes are performed over the area, maintaining an optimum and predetermined temperature range. This process commences the breakdown and removal of unwanted fat from specific areas of the body.
Since the body does not create new fat cells, this area is forever free of those specific fat cells. Treatment areas are mapped out to recontour your shape, aided by accurate photographic record and measurements at each step in the process.

Anti Cellulite Treatments – without surgery!
Cellulite is among the most disturbing and challenging skin disorders known in the aesthetic and cosmetic surgery market today.
Cellulite is estimated to affect more than 50% of all women, being prevalent in all body types.
In the past decade, cellulite management has inspired a new generation of innovatiove medical devices promising correction of cellulite signs and symptoms. These procedures, classed as minimally invasive for cellulite and body contouring include mesotherapy, endermology and carboxytherapy. In most cases the results are marginal with inconsistent fat contouring and minimal cellulite reduction outcomes, if any at all. Many people who present for traditional liposuction or liposculpture, also wish to gain cellulite reduction at the same time as their resculpturing procedure. This misconception furthers the debate on effective cellulite reduction.

The Accent anti cellulite program
With our anti cellulite treatments, you can realize a slimmer, trimmer figure, without “orange peelâ€￾ skin. This exciting procedure is helping men and women experience remarkable results in the actual reduction in the appearance of cellulite, a marked improvement in skin tone, and a decrease in the volume of their figure. Our unique, whole body approach stimulates your body to reduce the appearance of cellulite while reshaping your figure.

Treatments can take from 15 minutes to 1 hour.
Accent fat and cellulite reduction is not a substitute for weight loss, but rather a way to change what heredity and lifestyle may have given you in regard to your proportion. Several variations of the procedure exist, and by assessing your health, features, and the desired result, your Doctor will decide the treatment program that is best for you.

What will I look and feel like afterward?
You will in most cases see visible reduction in treated areas. As most treatments are carried out on a weekly basis, you will see the change occurring. Photographic data supports this process. You will have no discomfort, you may experience some localized redness or bruising in the treatment area, this diminishes rapidly. You can return to work straight after your Accent treatment, with no side effects.

How soon will I see results?
Usually patients notice changes within 4 to 8 sessions, however treatments should continue until maximum results have been achieved. Then maintenance may be required.

What results can I expect?
You will most likely notice an improvement in your skin tone. The appearance of stretch marks and loose skin may be improved. Many patients report that they are able to lose weight more easily while in treatment. Localised fat reductions and reduction in measurements or the treated area.

How much should I expect to pay?
The cost depends on the area to be treated and the number of sessions required. On average the cost is $250 per half hour. We are currently offering 15 minutes complimentary with every treatment.
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:32 am

sounds interesting sarah! i guess it something you would have to have a think about and work out costs and payments etc. :) would be interested in hearing what your decision is when you have decided :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:13 pm

Arrrgg... finally managed to make a decision :shock: I have decided to go ahead with it! First appointment will be this Saturday. What am I getting myself into :roll:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:39 pm

oooh let us know how you go! hard decision to make im sure ! at least you are doing something for YOU sarah- kudos!
kate_turner2000

Postby CrimsonThunder » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:48 am

There must be a natural way to do this. Perhaps training your muscles?

Well it seems you made your decision. Hope everything goes well. :)
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:10 am

It doesn't have anything to do with muscles Tom....unfortunately when women lose weight, we are often left with "things" we just cant get rid of.....it is the way were made.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:56 am

damn bulges! lol
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:18 pm

Yes that is true unfortunately :( I have had these particular bulges for as long as I can remember - they are part of my body. It must be a girl thing :wink: Excercising the muscles underneath the fat deposits will not achieve anything because unfortunately there is not such thing as spot reduction - doh!

It's going along alright so far. I've had two treatments and can already notice some tiny changes, mainly the skin becoming smoother and tighter, but also the shape is changing very slightly :)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:36 pm

did you take any 'before' photos sarah as a comparison when you have finished all the treatments?
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:45 pm

Yep sure did! They took some at the clinic and I also took some of my own. They're pretty grotesque :lol:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:30 am

Arrgh poor me!! I'm feeling a bit bruised and battered here. I had my fourth treatment on Wednesday. It didn't hurt at all at the time, or at least I didn't register any pain (female abilities, we can do that I think :wink: ). But when I got home.. bruises everywhere :shock: Sitting at my desk here is not very comfortable let me tell you! It's just that particular girl that did it, I think she's a bit heavy handed. The others were okay.

As for results, can't say yet. Feeling a little swollen :(

Sorry just needed to vent :roll:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:33 am

man that would hurt sarah! sounds like you have a good pain threshold too. i hate waxing and things like that! my dr told me once i have a low pain threshold. try having a baby! f....aa...rr....k!! lol.

i hope you feel better soon, sounds like you need a nice relaxing bubble bath to sooth those aches and pains
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:11 am

That sounds nice!

Waxing, and dentist with needles are next week! I won't be having any babies any time soon, or ever... I'd probably be good at it though :lol: :roll: Just as long as they don't put needles in my arm, or anywhere else for that matter (teeth is the only place I can handle needles)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:52 am

isnt it funny how different people can handle different things. i dont mind needles. i had to have a drip with fluids in one hand and it also had the synthetic hormone in it because i was being induced. i had a needle in the bum (maxalon) because i was throwing up in the shower, and i had an epidural in my spine for the pain :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Nichtsicher » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:13 pm

I wish it wassnt so expensive. I will wait until I reach my goal in 10kgs then see where im at
Nichtsicher

Next

Return to Health and Beauty