It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Self Esteem

Share your health and beauty secrets here.

Moderator: Moderators

Self Esteem

Postby Maraver » Fri May 27, 2005 9:12 am

I don't know about but since acepting the fact that I am over weight, my self esteem is at rock bottom, but yet I don't think if you met me you would believe that, I put on a good act :lol: Renee Zellwegger has nothing on me, but everytime I look in the mirror my confidence takes another dent
Anyone else relate to this
:cry:
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby hushpuppy » Fri May 27, 2005 11:43 am

Puts up her hand ... I sure do . Most of my mates are size10 or lower .Me beside them makes me look like the goodyear blimp.Hubby says "your not overweight just cuddley" god bless him . I guess not only do i have to work on my outside but also my inside .I have good days and bad days.. its all part of the making of a new me lol it takes time but when we get there oh boy watch out world .... jules and pam on the loose heheheh Look out
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Maraver » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:55 pm

Jules Andy is the same as your husband he loves me like I am but I don't love me like I am, I know there is no quick way but its hard,
I am sending you positive thoughts and a hug
:lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby queeny » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:18 pm

hi all,

hey, dont loose hope. this is not the end of everything .If you really want to loose some weight , just knock off those pounds by exercising.. Im sure eventually you will start loving yourself too.
queeny

low self esteem

Postby yglee » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:58 am

believe it or not I am only 65kg, size 6 or 8, depending on the designer, and my self esteem is at an all time low. Everytime I look at myself in the mirrow I just shake my head. Its ridiculous. I try to convince myself that everything comes in time, but how long does it take! :cry:
yglee

Postby Fairie » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:11 am

Hi Yglee,

Sometimes our low self esteem comes from not what is in the mirror but what is in our heads.

Maybe a new hair style / colour or Facial would lift your spirit. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby yglee » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:58 am

thanks for your comforting words. I truly believe what you said. I took a few moments and looked at my life and determined what I have known for a long time. I am in a very stressful personal relationship that affects me in more ways than one. Until I fix it or remove myself from it thing are not going to change for me. I have some work to do. Thanks again.

:?
yglee

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:40 pm

Nobody (and no body) is ever perfect. Even the most gorgeous "perfect" supermodel can suffer low self-esteem. Funnily enough, finally accepting the fact that i'm overweight and that I need to lose weight actually helped me seperate my body from me. My body is overweight, but that doesn't impact on who I am. I'm me, and I'll be me, whether I put on 300kg or end up skeletal.

Does that make any sense at all? Am I dribbling s**t again?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Fairie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:21 am

Unfortunatley when you are overweight nobody wants to see that there is actually a person in there that has feelings like everone else. :(

Being abused as a child I know that I have used my weight to hide behind because I didn't want anyone to find me attractive.

When you finally decide to come out of "hiding" and start loosing weight it is amazing how your much self-esteem and confidence improves. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Re: self-esteem

Postby Lesley » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:56 pm

Until about 5 years ago I was between 55 and 60kg. I had a little tummy, but that was all and I always moaned about my tummy. Now that I'm 86kg I know what fat is. I wish I could get back to the 60kg. I'd be a very happy lady and would stop complaining about my fat tummy. I've now accepted that no matter how much weight I lose I'll always have it. I once got down to 48kg (i'm only 154cm tall) and still had the tummy!

With this in mind, all I want to concentrate on is getting healthy through good old unprocessed foods and exercise.

I feel that everyone has some sort of self-esteem problem. I've got a good friend who has such a good figure, but she can't stand her thighs, she's always exercising to reduce them. She doesn't have an ounce of fat anywhere else. She needs to accept that this is her and she may never lose it from there, especially considering how skinny she is.

As was mentioned before, even models have self-esteem problems. LOL.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Life is all about choice. Good choices lead to a great life!
Lesley

Postby Dxenion » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:53 pm

Hi Pam,

Take a look back on your life thus far.

Note down everything that is an achievement, everything in your life you can be proud of: any awards or certificates, any great photos you've taken, a painting you've done, a meal you cooked that everyone marvelled at, kids you've helped raised (or are raising) that are happy and healthy, a good looking pet, a plant you've raised from a seedling etc.....

Take photos of what you can (ie dont rip up that fantastic plant just so you can nail it to a wall inside) and put these things in places you'll see them every day. This will remind you that you are a good person who can be proud of many things. Mind you, the day I could get even a weed to grow, I think rip it out and frame it - a green thumb I have - not!).

Strangers only see the vehicle that your soul is riding around in and unfortunately judge you on that. That's their loss and not your concern. You'd be a nervous and physical wreck if you spent all your time trying to show everyone that there's more to you than the outside they see.

YOU know the real you and congrats to making a decision to put your physical body in for an overhaul so that it will allow the real you to enjoy all the things in life that you want for a long time to come.
Dxenion

Re: Self Esteem

Postby carla » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:49 pm

Maraver wrote:I don't know about but since acepting the fact that I am over weight, my self esteem is at rock bottom, but yet I don't think if you met me you would believe that, I put on a good act :lol: Renee Zellwegger has nothing on me, but everytime I look in the mirror my confidence takes another dent
Anyone else relate to this
:cry:
Pam

One of the worst scenarios of this with me is when I have tried on some gorgeous shop-dress, like the proverbial 'little black number'...and I just want to cry.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Return to Health and Beauty